Any Fans of Queen?

I didn't like Queen from the beginning. I thought the band was a bunch of hype. After FM died, multiple music documentaries, lost music sessions and concerts surfaced not to give tribute but to make a buck off FM death and keep him public centered. I didn't like the band's music I was more into Pink Floyd, Joe Walsh, Heart, Jethro Tull, and Hawkwind.

heartFreddy Mercuryheart I love him. I miss him. He was like no other. He knew how to connect with people and was a master at controlling the crowd no matter where he played. Queen's Live Aid performance at the old Wembley Stadium in 1985 was spectacular. That day, the world was his stage. Queen stole the show!

Freddie Mercury With His Mother, 1947​

Freddie Mercury With His Mother, 1947

Bella ✌️

Freddie’s cat obsession began back in the 1970's.

Screenshot-2019-02-26-at-10.09.27.png

His girlfriend at the time, Mary Austin, brought a pair of feline friends back to the house and called them Tom and Jerry.

Freddie used to call Austin when he was on tour and ask to speak to the cats.

Screenshot-2019-02-26-at-10.09.45.png

One biographer named Peter Freestone said that “Mary would hold Tom and Jerry in turn up to the receiver to listen to Freddie talking. This continued throughout the years with succeeding feline occupants of his houses.”

It wasn’t long before Freddie started buying more and more cats…

Screenshot-2019-02-26-at-10.10.46.png

Pretty soon he had a house full of 10(!) feline friends in total. The cats were called Tiffany, Dorothy, Delilah, Goliath, Lily, Oscar, and Romeo. Freestone explained that Mercury loved his pets so much that “his cats were his family.”

Freddie used to buy each of his cats a Christmas stocking with individual treats inside.

Screenshot-2019-02-26-at-10.10.53.png

They were definitely very well looked after by the Queen front man! You can tell from these photos that he’s in love with his cats.

Last edited:
I didn't like Queen from the beginning. I thought the band was a bunch of hype. After FM died, multiple music documentaries, lost music sessions and concerts surfaced not to give tribute but to make a buck off FM death and keep him public centered. I didn't like the band's music I was more into Pink Floyd, Joe Walsh, Heart, Jethro Tull, and Hawkwind.
No love for Queen? 😢 A Day at the Races album didn't float your boat?

Queen-Boston-Angel=the best in the mid 70s.

Back