Any grooming practices you use based on seeing older people when you were growing up?

I told myself years ago that when I got old I would take a shower every day, whether I thought I needed it or not.
I'm a shower slut
Gotta have it
Every morn

I finally tossed my shop camo shorts
They could actually stand on their own
Mostly held together by linseed oil and other stains

Wife offered to sew them up in the hind end

Guess there was some exposure
I never look back there

Wondered why folks were giving me a double take

I'm a shower slut
Gotta have it
Every morn

I finally tossed my shop camo shorts
They could actually stand on their own
Mostly held together by linseed oil and other stains

Wife offered to sew them up in the hind end

Guess there was some exposure
I never look back there

Wondered why folks were giving me a double take
You are too funny, my husband and son learned not to approach until I had the morning shower. Mind you there was no wait. It was hit the alarm, turn on the water, take a pee and get in shower. Other than that I would have resorted to violence. That was those few moments that belonged just to me. Then it was getting the husband up, fed breakfast, out the door with lunch packed (the night before), kid up, started his shower so all he had to do was climb in and get clean.

Breakfast for the son, then off to daycare or school depending on on the age. Go to work, then reverse, pick up son, cook dinner, do homework, do dishes, knock husband once lightly in the back of the head, rinse and repeat. OH, the good old days!!

Yes! I do not make sure I am well-dressed, hair done, and fully made up by 8 a.m. in case someone comes to the door. Heck, I don't answer the door that early anyway. I do not use an eyebrow pencil unless forcibly held down (true!) by my mom and sister. I never wear scarves, even when held down. I don't wear shoes in the house. I don't use products for my hair (mousse, hairspray, curly girl stuff, etc.).

My older relatives always looked neat and well put together. No embarrassment there. I cannot say the same for myself (as long as my mother wasn't around). My dad was in the USAF, and he always looked like it, even in leisure wear (never jeans, until after my parents were divorced).

My favorite t-shirt says "Born to farm" on it. I am not going to throw it away, as has been suggested many times. I wear it in public because I love it. My favorite coat is a lined barn coat. My favorite shoes are clogs. I am not a slob (mostly), I just like what I like, and dislike what I dislike.

PS I am not a farmer.

marriage-relationships-romance-romantics-old_people-old_woman-seniors-jmv0001_low.jpg

Back