Any pot users here? yes or no

I must have lived a very sheltered life! I was never exposed to any kind of drugs
In my view: anything that detracts from getting sufficient Deep Sleep should set off an 'alarm', and be investigated and remedied. In the Deep Sleep Cycle the plaque (that contributes to Dementia) is removed by the cerebral-spinal fluid. Also, the body increases the production of Human Growth Hormone, which is vital to repair in the body on a cellular level.
Melatonin can help you fall asleep, in the short term and in the right dose. Too much can be counter-productive. Getting adequate sunlight, maintaining a regular sleep period and exercise works just as well / better than taking a Melatonin supplement.
For some reason, the sleep we get before midnight is more effective at this 'brain-cleansing'.

I must have lived a very sheltered life! I was never exposed to any kind of drugs

For some reason, the sleep we get before midnight is more effective at this 'brain-cleansing'.
In monitoring my sleep with the Fitbit I've noticed that the Deep sleep(brain-cleansing) cycle occurs soon after the beginning of the night's sleep. Here is a screenshot of one night's statistics reported by my Fitbit:

fitbit.jpg

The wife does for chronic back pain. Better relief then the Percocet she is prescribed
I use it for chronic pain also. Just an hour or so ago, I was having severe pain ( neurological disorder ) and used two recommended doses of thc. Then pain level has dropped from 8 to 2. Amazing. Severe pain is paralyzing. The opioid crisis was/is a tragedy. Benzo's are a nightmare. So what to do?

I grew up in the 60's in Texas. They put you in the pen for a long, long time if caught with pot. As far as I know it is the same now as then. So, no, I have never used it. I do use CBD cream which is legal here for my poor old knees. I would be willing to try edibles if they are ever made legal here but I doubt that will happen anytime soon if ever.

I did get high once and hated it, however I do use a mix of CBD and THC in a pill form at night to help me sleep. We both tried CBD for pain, didn't work. Since I really hated the high I guess I couldn't smoke it for pain.

I have never used it, but some days my back and hip pain might welcome it and I would be willing to try it.
I found the supreme strain for pain. "Blue Dream". It tops most all studies. I use it when needed and it does the job. It is called the "Tylenol" of medical marijuana. A local dispensary can help you with your questions.

Back when I was stationed in California, we had an early morning call-out of our squadron
for a mandatory drug test.

We were all standing in a line to 'provide a sample' at 4 a.m on a Monday morning.
While talking to others in the line, I noticed one of my Airman heading toward me.

We had a 'self-identify' program in place where a person could enter a treatment program
and not be discharged if they tested positive.
He approached me and told me he wanted to do this. Said he was at a party that weekend and had
purchased some 'grass' and smoked it.

I took him to the proper people and because I was his senior NCO, I was now his sponsor.
He provided a sample and entered the program.

We attended about 6 weeks of counseling and I attended the same after getting him to the meetings.

Long story short, when his test came back from that night, he tested negative for drugs.
He still had to complete the program because he had 'self-identified'.

He had purchased something not quite a drug and probably learned a 'Life Lesson', I hope.

I remember when a nickel bag cost $5. The stuff today is dangerously strong and has put people in the hospital. Heck it costs allot too. Politicians, the liquor and tobacco industries have gotten a hold of it. Remember when they said that legalizing it would reduce crime, kill the illegal market for it (Most Likely Laced coming over the border) and would reduce jailing people for smoking. Not really happening. There is no FDA approval on recreational marijuana. This all could have been done right by simply supplying the seeds at a vegetable seed price to anyone that was able to by beer and restricting households or dwelling to 6 plants. (The plant will grow 14 feet high ya know) That would have taken the money out of it and the enhancement issue wouldn't legally have happened. The liquor and tobacco people make it strong for a reason, like cigarettes, it's to make it hard to quit. Your health is not a concern here. Now if you go back to the 60's weed I have no issue with it, just make it cheap (Sell Seeds) and have the politicians unable to make a tax profit on it. I also have no issue with real medical use. You can bet there would never have gotten a legalizing push if seeds were sold cheap. It's all about the money.

Back