Anyone ever experience lots of leg pains?

Ruthanne

SF VIP
I don't know what's wrong but I keep getting lots of pains in my thighs mostly. I've been using ice and it helps on one side but not as much on the other. I wonder if meds did this to me?! :confused:

Hmmn? One thigh for me as well. I went to have it checked out. The doctor told me it might be bursitis in the hip.

Recommended Acetomenophin .Tynelol?

I asked about meds. He said not the ones I was taking. There are some meds that interfere with the muscles. I can't remember which ones.

The best place to begin finding an answer to a health problem is either WebMD, or the Mayo Clinic web site. There, if a person does some careful and accurate research, they can get a pretty good idea of what may be happening, and when or if to see a doctor. If you suspect that a prescription drug might be causing a problem, some research at Drugs.com can give a pretty accurate assessment about any possible side effects a drug might be causing. The Internet can be a very valuable tool for helping a person figure out how best to handle a health issue....and making sure their doctor is giving them the right diagnosis. Doctors are human and can make mistakes, but the Internet can almost be like getting a 2nd opinion.

It's true like Mrs Robinson says, statins can cause muscle pain but are needed to help combat high cholesterol.

I've had intermittent "leg aches" all my life. My father would call them "growing pains". When I woke up crying, he would rub my legs with alcohol until I fell back to sleep.

Now, in my age they hurt again, but I think it's osteoarthritis in knees and ankles. Or maybe "shrinking pains"?

It's true like Mrs Robinson says, statins can cause muscle pain but are needed to help combat high cholesterol.

I've had intermittent "leg aches" all my life. My father would call them "growing pains". When I woke up crying, he would rub my legs with alcohol until I fell back to sleep.

Now, in my age they hurt again, but I think it's osteoarthritis in knees and ankles. Or maybe "shrinking pains"?

I don`t really know exactly what the danger is of staying on statin drugs if you get muscle pain from them but apparently it can be dangerous. They consider me "allergic" to them and won`t prescribe them for me.

I was on a statin (a very high dose) and quit taking it a few mos. ago. I was also on a non statin cholesterol lowering med. and I quit taking that about a month ago because that can cause pain, too. I have experienced that pain before in my legs but now I can't figure out where the pain is coming from. It seems to be in my thigh but I can't tell where. Some of the pain subsided with the stopping of the statin and other medicine known to do that. I should see the doctor I guess..ugh.

I did research some of the other medicine I was taking and it also said it can cause pain so I quit that, too.

My thigh pain, that was worst when rising from a chair, was caused by arthritis of my hip. Since the hip replacement it has gone away completely. At first my doctor thought I had bursitis but it was bone on bone osteoarthritis.

My thigh pain, that was worst when rising from a chair, was caused by arthritis of my hip. Since the hip replacement it has gone away completely. At first my doctor thought I had bursitis but it was bone on bone osteoarthritis.
Thank you Warri. I am starting to think my pain may be my hip, too. I'm glad you had yours taken care of.

Back