Anyone ever try Noom?

Yes I tried it . I wasn’t too successful with it so cancelled my subscription. When my subscription finally expired they tried to reinstate the subscription but my credit card expired too so it didn’t go through.

Once I updated my credit card, they tried reinstating my Noom subscription again and were somehow successful. I had to call my bank to get my money back as well as call them.

If you look online you will discover a global lawsuit against them for doing this and often. You’d think that would stop them but it doesn’t.

I know I wasn’t subscribed. Subscriptions show up under my ID and purchases. Noom wasn’t there.

Since then I have successfully lost 34 pounds though, but on my own.

Yes I tried it . I wasn’t too successful with it so cancelled my subscription. When my subscription finally expired they tried to reinstate the subscription but my credit card expired too so it didn’t go through.

Once I updated my credit card, they tried reinstating my Noom subscription again and were somehow successful. I had to call my bank to get my money back as well as call them.
Thanks, and to add to the problem they seem to have double billed me for the subscription. Trying to figure that out now.

Did you use the app long enough to see if it would do you any good?
I have successfully lost 34 pounds though, but on my own.
Good for you!!

I am thinking of trying it and was wondering what others might think.
I didn't even know what it was and had to look it up...☺️ so no, haven't used it. I would love to find something that would work for me again to tone up a little and lose maybe 15 or 20. What worked for me years ago was having an accountability partner via email or messaging... does Noom offer something like that? There was an online program that did years ago but I don't remember what it was called. The apps, etc. don't work for me but being held accountable with daily check-ins with an actual person, that does. (y)

Kind of, they ask if you want a support buddy but you have to give them a name and email address. They also have an option, at extra cost, to have your own personal consultant.

I have not tried either so am not sure how or if they work.
I wish we'd have private group capability here like Facebook does... we could have a support group and *be* the accountability with check-ins. Kind of exciting to think about... I've been putting it off for {ahem} a while now... darn "Covid 15" that people talk about is actually true!

Thanks, and to add to the problem they seem to have double billed me for the subscription. Trying to figure that out now.

Did you use the app long enough to see if it would do you any good?

Good for you!!
Thank you.

Yes! I used the app and the psychology behind their program is very good. It definitely makes you aware of what you eat and why you are eating it. The psychology is leading edge. Unfortunately the program itself is very old school; meaning they believe that weight loss is directly related to calories in / calories out theory.

Now I took what I learned while gradually increasing my exercise routine.

If you keep on top of payments etc., and keep in contact, then you shouldn’t have any problems. You get a personally coach. Don’t be afraid to use them. Ask questions etc.

Actually after 3 or 4 weeks there is an option to join a large group where you interact with everyone. This might make a huge difference but I chose to opt out. I’m glad I didn’t add much to my profile about myself cause the group thing just happens suddenly. THAT part I wasn’t too pleased with but I don’t like sharing stuff like that. I felt far too exposed but that’s just from my own personal ‘issues’ 😬

I haven't tried this one, but I was on a site/app called Sparkspeople (now changed) that was very useful. This one looks nice. I think it's more about what you put into it (which I'm sure you already know).
I used to be on Sparkpeople. My nutritionist told me about it, saying I didn't have to pay to be on Weight Watchers site, just use SP instead. I was successful as long as I kept up with it, but after a point, I stopped. I liked the nutritional information it produced in the graphs but was surprised that they didn't give readings for sugar intake. My honorary daughter told me about MyFitnessPal. I haven't tried that yet but may at some point.

Rob, re your OP. I never tried Noom because it is cost prohibitive. I know me. I'd start following the program for a while and at some point I'd slack off, which means I will have wasted money.

I used to be on Sparkpeople. My nutritionist told me about it, saying I didn't have to pay to be on Weight Watchers site, just use SP instead. I was successful as long as I kept up with it, but after a point, I stopped. I liked the nutritional information it produced in the graphs but was surprised that they didn't give readings for sugar intake. My honorary daughter told me about MyFitnessPal. I haven't tried that yet but may at some point.

Rob, re your OP. I never tried Noom because it is cost prohibitive. I know me. I'd start following the program for a while and at some point I'd slack off, which means I will have wasted money.
I like My fitness pal.
At first you are always logging food but you build up a list of foods you eat and then can just select them from the list!
Also, you have to get used to how to calculate the right amount of the food as in grams or ounces, halves and quarter servings.
It really gives you an accounting of what you are taking in. I do it for 30 days when I want to get back on track.

I like My fitness pal.
So do I, I use it to log food almost everyday. Also has lots of support groups and information. All free.

My log from yesterday, lower calorie than most days. I use the exercise log as well, but never believe the calories burned thing, if it were true I'd have starved to death long ago.

Free Calorie Counter, Diet & Exercise Journal _ MyFitnessPal.jpg

I wish we'd have private group capability here like Facebook does... we could have a support group and *be* the accountability with check-ins. Kind of exciting to think about... I've been putting it off for {ahem} a while now... darn "Covid 15" that people talk about is actually true!

Sorry if someone has already replied to this as I haven't read the whole thread...

On the subject of having a private group or something similar, if you start a conversation with another member, you can actually include other members (just add them to the Recipients box at the top). There is also a box at the bottom where you can tick to allow people in the conversation to invite others. This would hopefully serve as something like a private group. Try it and see how it goes.. :)

So do I, I use it to log food almost everyday. Also has lots of support groups and information. All free.

My log from yesterday, lower calorie than most days. I use the exercise log as well, but never believe the calories burned thing, if it were true I'd have starved to death long ago.

View attachment 293629
3 hours of cardiovascular exercise?
Wow! I thought I was doing good with one hour strenuous walk and 30 minutes strength training.

3 hours of cardiovascular exercise?
Not really, I spent 3 hours at the gym, some exercise more strenuous than other. Long ago I quit trying to track the exercise more carefully and just write down the total time. Some days, like today, when I have something that has it's own category I will log that. Today it will be cycling. I also override the calories burned thing, I estimate 100 calories per hour in the gym, and that might be too much too.
I thought I was doing good with one hour strenuous walk and 30 minutes strength training
You are doing great!

I like My fitness pal.
At first you are always logging food but you build up a list of foods you eat and then can just select them from the list!
Also, you have to get used to how to calculate the right amount of the food as in grams or ounces, halves and quarter servings.
It really gives you an accounting of what you are taking in. I do it for 30 days when I want to get back on track.
Sounds like SparkPeople. One of my regrets is stopping after I had all my main foods loaded. If I decide to do either, I'd have to try keep it up, otherwise I'd fall into bad habits (again). I had a Weight Watchers food scale from decades ago that was obsolete. I bought a digital one about 3 or 4 years and hardly ever used it.

Ooh, that's pretty low calorie . Is that doable without stress?
Not judging! Whatever works. I'm just a girl that needs to eat! 😁
My calorie count falls between 1000 and 1200 when I'm being good about it. Doc is on board with it as long as I promised to let him know of any problems it causes, and it hasn't, so I'm good with that. If I eat much more than 1400, I feel terrible. (It's not for weight loss in particular... it's just where I feel best, but if a pound or two goes missing, I don't complain but 15 would be ideal.) :giggle:

Back