Are there ANGELS?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm referring to Post #524....He took my words in part of my previous post #517, "a fulfilled prophesy with the coming of technology like TV, Internet" and added his own to it for laughs but it doesn't make sense anyway.

Last edited:
Sorry, I didn't realise that they were for your exclusive use. I shall modify it appropriately...

"This sketch is getting very silly." Monty Python as seen on "technology like TV and Internet,"

Do you ever watch Monty Python. When a sketch continued with no obvious end, someone would comment that "This sketch is getting very silly".

There are times when posts on this forum do seem rather "Pythonesque"

When I read your post I opened my Bible and
read the previous and subsequent verses to get the context.
That adds clarity. He wanted them to confess their sin.
Would have been nice if you would have posted the previous and subsequent verses.

He's a mystery to me. If God made me and I am unable to comprehend his existance then I figure it's His fault and I'm off the hook.
No, you are not off the hook--for what? Understanding Him? Well, there are ways to get to know God. The Bible is a wonderful way, if you don't like reading the whole thing, just read Genisis and Exodus. Read books by authors that know Him. There is a whole host of them out there. I am saying this because when you want to know how to do something, you might buy a book that would tell you how, or a couple and then take your choice. Check out Lee Strobbel. A Case for Christ. He puts it a way you would understand. He was an athiest.

Everyone seems to be skirting the real question here: Is there sex after death? Assuming I make it to heaven, will all hot chicks be available on a "look but don't touch" basis? That would be hell, not heaven, making the Good News fake news.

And don't forget Victoria's miracle face creams & skin care products - they makes her look so young.....they work because they're blessed, not because of genetics.....
I actually used to watch Joel because I found him entertaining & his previous sermons were not so religion based; they were more like talking about doing what's right (which I liked). But then he received criticism & his sermons were modified to include more God & Jesus. That's when I lost interest.
I like Joel and listening to his encouraging words with a "little something funny" to start off with, very interesting. I love getting all the encouragement I can at the very beginning of my day. I also like John Hagee, Charles Stanley and Joyce Meyers and Robert Morris.

Everyone seems to be skirting the real question here: Is there sex after death? Assuming I make it to heaven, will all hot chicks be available on a "look but don't touch" basis? That would be hell, not heaven, making the Good News fake news.
I'll answer you, No. No sex after death.

Conception? Well I'd certainly be willing to do my half in order to stay within Biblical edicts.
They want their subjects to have more children so that there will be more donations for them in the future. With 7.7 billions in the world already, we really need a reversal of the number of ''conceptions''.

They want their subjects to have more children so that there will be more donations for them in the future. With 7.7 billions in the world already, we really need a reversal of the number of ''conceptions''.
I meant in Heaven where, apparently, sex will be forbidden unless conception is the object.

Matthew 22:30 "At the resurrection people will neither marry nor be given in marriage; they will be like the angels in heaven. Marriage is a relationship to be enjoyed in this life, but it will not carry forward into the next life", according to Jesus. Angels are sexless.

We do not lose our identity in heaven it says in Luke 16:23. But our relationships on earth are different than we'll have beyond. Since there is no marriage in heaven, that probably means there will be no procreation in heaven. Also there will be no death, so there's no reason to procreate the race. The appetites and desires of this world will give way to higher and infinitely more gratifying delights in the world to come.

🤣 I wasn’t talking about heaven. I’m talking about the biblical rules concerning sex here on earth according to the bible. We aren’t supposed to enjoy it. It’s meant for child bearing only.

https://www.goodreads.com/quotes/508980-life-in-lubbock-texas-taught-me-two-things-one-is
“Life in Lubbock, Texas taught me two things: One is that God loves you and you're going to burn in hell. The other is that sex is the most awful, filthy thing on earth, and you should save it for someone you love.”

― Butch Hancock

Matthew 22:30 "At the resurrection people will neither marry nor be given in marriage; they will be like the angels in heaven. Marriage is a relationship to be enjoyed in this life, but it will not carry forward into the next life", according to Jesus. Angels are sexless.

We do not lose our identity in heaven it says in Luke 16:23. But our relationships on earth are different than we'll have beyond. Since there is no marriage in heaven, that probably means there will be no procreation in heaven. Also there will be no death, so there's no reason to procreate the race. The appetites and desires of this world will give way to higher and infinitely more gratifying delights in the world to come.
You have been indoctrinated since childhood. You obey the Bible and regard it as the ONLY source anyone needs. You eschew all questions that intelligence, logic and common sense would generate and you are blind to the hypocrisy of televangelists. Fortunately, your family members were not also flat earthers. A closed mind is a terrible thing to waste.

Last edited:
Would have been nice if you would have posted the previous and subsequent verses.
I'm sorry, Knight. Since you were the one that posted the scripture reference of Genesis 3:9 in your post #513, I thought you knew where it was. If you don't have a Bible ou must be familiar with google. Just google "Genesis 3" and it will post the whole chapter which isn't very long. Any time you want a scripture verse just google what you want and add the word scripture. Quick and easy. Try googling Genesis 3:6-12.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back