Are there really 100 ways to serve an egg? What's Your Favorite?

Hard boiled. I eat one as is, or cut it into a salad.
Ode to the Hard-Boiled Egg
"When my baby brother was born in 1981, a family friend gifted me with Betty Crocker’s Cookbook for Kids. My mom recently shipped my tattered copy to me along with some cookbooks I needed for a research paper. I used to read it obsessively–particularly the recipes for eggs in bologna cups and a ghost cake with flaming eyes. But the only thing I can recall actually making is hard-boiled eggs. (My family’s diet skewed more toward lentil burgers and fruit juice-sweetened carrot cake.) To this day, I loosely follow the hard-boiled egg technique set forth in this book."

betty-crocker-cookbook-for-kids.jpg

Perfect Hard-Boiled Eggs (Adapted from Betty Crocker’s Cookbook for Boys & Girls) (LINK)

Egg-in-a-Hole (LINK)
by The Pioneer Woman on July 24, 2008

"Sometimes it’s the simplest things that taste the best. Before I married Marlboro Man, I had to learn to make these delicious little numbers or he wouldn’t go through with the wedding. Called “Egg-in-a-Holes” by his paternal grandmother who made them for him all during his childhood, I’ve learned not only to love them through the years…but to need them. They define comfort food, are painfully easy to make, and will turn any stressful, hectic morning into something entirely different. I’m not saying Egg-in-a-Holes will change the world…but they will change your spirit. Sorta. Maybe."
Egg-in-a-Hole-420x278.png

Egg-in-a-Hole (LINK)
by The Pioneer Woman on July 24, 2008

"Sometimes it’s the simplest things that taste the best. Before I married Marlboro Man, I had to learn to make these delicious little numbers or he wouldn’t go through with the wedding. Called “Egg-in-a-Holes” by his paternal grandmother who made them for him all during his childhood, I’ve learned not only to love them through the years…but to need them. They define comfort food, are painfully easy to make, and will turn any stressful, hectic morning into something entirely different. I’m not saying Egg-in-a-Holes will change the world…but they will change your spirit. Sorta. Maybe."
Egg-in-a-Hole-420x278.png

I had those throughout childhood, and so did my kids. I've noticed, though, that it's called different names in different locations.

Ode to the Hard-Boiled Egg
"When my baby brother was born in 1981, a family friend gifted me with Betty Crocker’s Cookbook for Kids. My mom recently shipped my tattered copy to me along with some cookbooks I needed for a research paper. I used to read it obsessively–particularly the recipes for eggs in bologna cups and a ghost cake with flaming eyes. But the only thing I can recall actually making is hard-boiled eggs. (My family’s diet skewed more toward lentil burgers and fruit juice-sweetened carrot cake.) To this day, I loosely follow the hard-boiled egg technique set forth in this book."

betty-crocker-cookbook-for-kids.jpg

Perfect Hard-Boiled Eggs (Adapted from Betty Crocker’s Cookbook for Boys & Girls) (LINK)

That's the method one of my high school Home Ec. teachers mentioned, and said it was called hard-cooked eggs. It's not the way I do it, I cook them at a rolling boil til they're done.
A fave recipe (good plus easy): 3 hardboiled eggs (grated or mashed), sliced black olives, a sprinkling of both garlic powder and minced onions, and mayonnaise.

That's the method one of my high school Home Ec. teachers mentioned, and said it was called hard-cooked eggs. It's not the way I do it, I cook them at a rolling boil til they're done.
A fave recipe (good plus easy): 3 hardboiled eggs (grated or mashed), sliced black olives, a sprinkling of both garlic powder and minced onions, and mayonnaise.
@JaniceM , I never thought of sliced black olives. Will have to try it. I do like them in shrimp macaroni salad.

Back