Are there really 100 ways to serve an egg? What's Your Favorite?

tenor.gif

This Egg Drop soup recipe for one is good for those days when the cupboard is getting bare and you don't feel like going to the store. I make it with a packet of GOYA chicken-flavored bouillon. You can also start with a packet of Lipton's Cup-a-Soup.

972459.jpg

https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/115965/egg-drop-soup-better-than-restaurant-quality/

It's easy to change the recipe by omitting the seasonings in the original recipe and adding a teaspoon of grated cheese to make Stracciatella Alla Romana or add lemon juice to make Avgolemono.

I never heard of steamed eggs til I saw one of @Ruthanne's recent posts.

Another one I like, though:
Split an avocado, remove the pit. Remove a small amount of the avocado so egg will fit into it.
Place an egg in each avocado half.
Sprinkle some lemon pepper seasoning on top.
Add a sprinkling of grated cheese if you wish.

I'm sorry I misplaced the website I found this on a few years ago, but a similar recipe says bake in preheated 425 degree oven for approximately 15 minutes (until egg is completely done).
If anyone tries this and finds a different temperature is more appropriate, please post!!

I never heard of steamed eggs til I saw one of @Ruthanne's recent posts.

Another one I like, though:
Split an avocado, remove the pit. Remove a small amount of the avocado so egg will fit into it.
Place an egg in each avocado half.
Sprinkle some lemon pepper seasoning on top.
Add a sprinkling of grated cheese if you wish.

I'm sorry I misplaced the website I found this on a few years ago, but a similar recipe says bake in preheated 425 degree oven for approximately 15 minutes (until egg is completely done).
If anyone tries this and finds a different temperature is more appropriate, please post!!
Update: I just made this again, and it is 425 degrees.
I forgot to add: use a large avocado so the egg doesn't spill over onto the baking tray or pan. :)

Back