Are you afraid?

Now me, I have an irrational fear of electricity - if a lightbulb needs replacing, I absolutely have to unplug the lamp first. No rational reason to explain this fear, but it does, indeed, exist.

I have eaten food that fell on the floor using the 3 seconds rule:D, I drove a car 112 mph on a newly constructed highway in a new car when I was young and foolish, I have eaten after others. I do feel God watches over children and fools. He /She certainty watched over me and still does..

Your mentioning the bowling shoes stopped me. I have not gone bowling for years and years and yuck now that I think about all those feet in the same shoes I rented I am grossed out.:confused: Good to hear they now disinfect them but I bet they didn't when I wore them
I can relate. When I turned forty, I went through some kind of identity crisis. I started driving my neon sport coupe down Route 22 doing nearly 100 mph, while blasting Prodigy music. Suddenly I noticed that I was boxed in by four semis. I became furious, honking my horn at them but they kept me boxed in for awhile before allowing me through. I fumed, cursed them and finally made it home. Only there did I pause to reflect; they probably saved my life. Something bigger than me had laid a cautioning hand on me, in the form of these truckers.

Sure the younger generation is more afraid. Have you looked at a young generation contractor lately. What you might see is a bald headed guy with a huge growth of beard; wearing shorts like a little boy scout. I got this from Gunsmoke but it appears to say a lot about our new generation: MEN AFRAID OF RAZORS

Attachments

• bald1.jpg
    bald1.jpg
    331.9 KB · Views: 1
  • bald2.jpg
    bald2.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 1
I guess I have become more fearful in the last year or so. I have also come to realize (more so) that life is precious and I should appreciate people (family and others) more and be thankful for what I do have. There used to be places (other countries other than my own) that I would like to visit but now I will not as I don't want to be afraid of things that could happen there. Yes, I know, things could happen where I am and if they do I will deal with it. Life is shorter now due to my age so I will think carefully how and where I go with the life I have left with me.

Yes, I'm afraid but, isn't that the point of the 'new' normal? I mean isn't that the goal of the powers that be and main stream media, to keep us in fear or worried enough to keep us in line (controlled)? My hope is that someday (soon) we will have had enough of this BS and let it be known it's not working anymore. Don...
Yes, it is their goal but you don't have to fall into their trap, right?

When we were children, if something fell on the floor or ground, we'd pick it up, "kiss it up to God" and eat it. I used to love to go bowling though I wasn't good at it and yes we wore the shoes others had worn. I've driven way past the speed limit though never reached 100. I've drank behind someone else. Did things change because we've gotten older, wiser, is it that we are not as healthy as when we were growing up or are germs more treacherous than they were then? The world is changing from our food sources to the way people handle being angry at someone. Is it no wonder we are more afraid.

I drank nail polish remover (accidentally!) a couple of years ago while I was doing my nails. Our local hospital had shut down their ER so I would have had to have driven to another city to use theirs and since I was uncertain what nail polish remover in my system could do to my driving skills, I decided to stay home, gargle, spit, drink lots of fresh water, and tough it out remembering I'd survived so much worse as a teenager. :giggle:

I'm fearful of someone overly emotional and incompetent having authority over me.

I'm fearful of being forced to socialize without the aid of alcohol.

I'm afraid of snakes, heights, and confinement but not to the point that they're phobias.

I used to be afraid that someone would cut off my ***** while I was taking a shower. What was the deal with that? yikes.jpg

I used to be afraid that someone was walking up the stairs when I was trying to fall asleep and the little creaks and groans of the house would keep me up at night. I'd also see shadows in the dark and think all sorts of crazy thoughts. Neurosis is no fun. My medication manages my irrational thoughts fairly well. About 10 years ago, I thought I could manage without my meds, so I got off them for about two weeks, and sure enough, all the irrational fears came back. I'll be on them or some other meds for the rest of my life.

I like that Gary, tell me are you a poster designer?
I take the text to mean something like “Fools rush in where wise men fear to tread” am I right?
Poster designer?
Nada
Some of my stuff has been published
But, that was in another life a few decades ago

My intent was simply;
Courage manifests itself when fear is not a deterrent
(actually, you may be onto something about the fearless, thoughtless fool rushing in)

Last edited:
What's interesting around here. There are a lot of shops & places the have signs saying" This is a gun-free shop"
So all the perps out there pick on them as they know there are no guns in there. I go in there with my walker.

When I go out & take my walker with a bag under the seat. I have my 9mm & a 380 stashed in there. Both have laser sites on them. Only once I had to stop a robbery at a place a few of us was eating. seems like perps drop & run when they see the red or green dot on their body or head.

No, I'm NOT afraid.

Back