Are you at all interested in the 2021 Tokyo Olympics?

With all this heat, I've been indoors most of the past couple of days....and watching far more TV than usual. I've watched a couple of hours of the Olympics, but more as a "time killer" than any real interest.

I'm still wonder how sports like skate boarding got in. At this point one can make up a game, spread and sell it about a dozen countries and apply to make it an Olympic sport. It's just like all the different distances in swimming, track etc.

I was very sorry to hear that Simone Biles had dropped out of the finals.

I still can't figure out why ? First it was medical, now it's mental ?

On top of her game, making big bucks , fame to the max ........ And now she just quits ?

I sure hope her sponsors demand all her "pay" be returned.

The U.S. men's basketball team suffered a shock 83-76 defeat at the hands of France on Sunday, losing at the Olympics for the first time since 2004 and for just the sixth time in the history of the tournament.

The United States is always the team to beat at basketball - they now have a 138-6 record and have won gold 15 times since joining the Olympic programme in 1936 - boasting more depth than any other country with their star-studded NBA line-ups.

The U.S. men's basketball team suffered a shock 83-76 defeat at the hands of France on Sunday, losing at the Olympics for the first time since 2004 and for just the sixth time in the history of the tournament.

The United States is always the team to beat at basketball - they now have a 138-6 record and have won gold 15 times since joining the Olympic programme in 1936 - boasting more depth than any other country with their star-studded NBA line-ups.
A lot of the US basketball superstars passed on playing for this year's Olympic team. Not a "dream team" this go round.

I am interested! I love to hear some of the personal stories of success. I have not sat down and watched as faithfully as I did in past years but I do watch occasionally and seek out u-tube tapes. I was very happy for Simmone Biles and Sky Brown was adorable!! I forget many of the other names but watched beach volleyball, track, gymnastics, diving and will continue to do so

I'm still wonder how sports like skate boarding got in. At this point one can make up a game, spread and sell it about a dozen countries and apply to make it an Olympic sport. It's just like all the different distances in swimming, track etc.
Sky Brown was adorable on her tape talking and then performing. She was quite impressive for a young lady of only 13❤️

Back