Are you happy, (rather personal question I know, but not to be taken too seriously!)?

Down inside me is a core of pure happiness, but I get out of touch with it sometimes. When I'm around people it gets cloaked except if I am only around comfortable co-equals. I have a lot of fear/resentment/anxiety about bosses. I also make myself unhappy if I say critical things about others (though sometimes it makes me happier if it results in finding out that a coworker is also driven nuts by the same person).
When I'm home alone or outdoors my happiness bubbles up, then I go around the house singing (very off key) a narration of what I'm doing. My dad used to do that when I was young and it irritated me so much, but now I turn out to be just like him, ha ha.
Your opening is my reality, HoneyNut.

Are you happy?
Oh yes, absolutely ecstatic, Graham. I knocked my best cup off the table with my elbow, bent over to pick up the pieces and the back seam in my trousers split upto the waist, then the electricity went off and the film I was recording failed. It always happens in threes. :)
As long as you filmed it all and get it posted on a social media platform it should prove worth it in the end for all the "likes" you get! :)

Even with chronic pain, pretty much yes ...but I prefer the word content to happy. The support and love of family and friends, a rewarding job I can still do part-time with flexible hours, financial security, creative hobbies and living surrounded by natural beauty all go a long way towards mitigating the emotional downside of health struggles.

🍃🍂🍃🍂
Yes..I am happy...I have always been a happy person mainly due to my blessed parents. Like everyone else, I do have moments when I am not deliriously happy...however...I believe I have enough inner strength to get me over the hurdles. My belief in a power so much greater than myself has never let me down.
🍃🍂🍃🍂

I'm happy. A little bored right now, but happy. With nice weather coming, I'll be even happier because I can be out in nature more often.

Back