Art, anything goes...

Found this about her artwork...

American artists — from the painters of the Hudson River School to the influential Andrew Wyeth — have long depicted this country’s vast landscape as simultaneously a place of lonely desolation and of awe-inspiring grandeur. Following in this tradition, Andrea Kowch creates gorgeous and eerie acrylic paintings of open-skied pastoral landscapes. Inspired by a deep fascination with the natural world, Kowch’s works also tap into a common feeling of uneasiness many of us have toward the American rural – a place that is iconic for its beauty but that is also often associated with tedium, isolation and a clinging to negative aspects of the country’s past.

https://hifructose.com/2014/08/25/andrea-kowchs-haunting-paintings-of-rural-life/

Andrea Kowch
cdfaed88f6a39d6d8a7105faa0a19006.jpg

I find it somewhat unnerving. Not a negative, just my visceral reaction. I'm not sure I like it overall but it is interesting.

Oh I love the dress on the Gal on the left in front.
I see 5 birds but the cutest is the one taking a bird bath in the spilt milk.
Yes Marci, the field outside the window looks so like Andrew Wyeth!
Fun artist. Thx for posting

Hi Phoenix, Yes, I think a lot of people paint here. I've been too busing but plan to get back into it soon. I'd like to loosen up a little, get bigger brushes, bigger canvas, and more abstract. I'm just going to have fun with it.

Hi Phoenix, Yes, I think a lot of people paint here. I've been too busing but plan to get back into it soon. I'd like to loosen up a little, get bigger brushes, bigger canvas, and more abstract. I'm just going to have fun with it.
Cool. It's the one thing I do that I can get lost in...as in an hour can go by and it seems like minutes.

Back