Art, anything goes...

Here's a piece we had on one of our walls for a while. I love this piece. It's by a local San Jose artist, Lacey, and it was one of several in a series of paintings with trees growing out of buildings.

Lacey Cropped.jpg

John Singer Sargent
6f9183ad5e5aa5a306761cdfb6b78202.jpg

This is a piece my wife worked on for another artist. The panels are about 3 feet tall and 2 feet wide each. This is how it was shown at the Saatchi Gallery in London. Each panel is made entirely of glass and the apparatus for hanging them are glued to the back of each panel.

IMG_0884.JPG

This is a piece my wife worked on for another artist. The panels are about 3 feet tall and 2 feet wide each. This is how it was shown at the Saatchi Gallery in London. Each panel is made entirely of glass and the apparatus for hanging them are glued to the back of each panel.

View attachment 108011
I love glass art, and took a stained-glass class around 1980. I'm sure this photo doesn't do her work justice. Would love to see it close up and in person.

This is a series of pieces we bought at San Francisco open studios. The frames are art all by themselves. We bought the set of four but didn't like one of the images in one of the frames so my wife went up and visited the artist to pick another one of her images to have framed in the fourth frame. Now I forget which image wasn't in the initial set of three that caused us to buy all four.

iPhone 1453.jpg

iPhone 1456.jpg

Back