As Life Goes on Without Our Beloved Pet Friend

I've been thinking quite a bit about this. Have you thought of setting up a shrine for Alice? What if you find some place in the house/apartment, like the top of a dresser or a coffee table or some other such place and put up a picture or pictures of Alice? You could add her favorite toys, some of her favorite things and such and maybe even a candle, anything you think that would honor her, her love for you and your love for her. During the moments of sadness or tribute you could light the candle and pour your heart into hers, knowing that her spirit is there with you, loving you in return. I did that after my boyfriend Gary died. It helped ease it a bit. Love is love.
Thank you for your lovely ideas and I will think about them for sure. I am feeling very down right now so I will have to do those things later.

So sorry for your loss... sometimes our pets last longer than anyone else by our side. Most of us are very heartbroken when the end come. Never feel like you are alone in grieving. I lost my dog who was just over 18 years just before Christmas last year and have a cat who is now around 20 so I know what's down the road for us. Unconditional love... it's a blessing.

So sorry for your loss... sometimes our pets last longer than anyone else by our side. Most of us are very heartbroken when the end come. Never feel like you are alone in grieving. I lost my dog who was just over 18 years just before Christmas last year and have a cat who is now around 20 so I know what's down the road for us. Unconditional love... it's a blessing.
I'm sorry for your loss too.

I feel like @#%^ for not doing better with Alice's care!:cry:😭This pandemic has something to do with it, too, along with other factors. I did, however, give her 3 treatments to try and save her and after one she seemed somewhat better then went downhill. I had a Vet appointment but she didn't make it till that time! It was so far away, too, and I didn't trust the Vets. out there after my experiences with them..my other birds died after seeing them. I should have gotten an appointment sooner....I am crap.🥴

I don't deserve any sympathy, it's all my fault.
No, it was not your fault. You did the best you could have. Please don't feel guilty. Guilt is one of the responses to death - the five stages. We can "if only" ourselves until we are blue in the face. You love her. She knew that. She knew that. She still does. You need to love yourself now. You are worth it.

I feel like @#%^ for not doing better with Alice's care!:cry:😭This pandemic has something to do with it, too, along with other factors. I did, however, give her 3 treatments to try and save her and after one she seemed somewhat better then went downhill. I had a Vet appointment but she didn't make it till that time! It was so far away, too, and I didn't trust the Vets. out there after my experiences with them..my other birds died after seeing them. I should have gotten an appointment sooner....I am crap.🥴
My sister and nephew have had birds all their lives. Sometimes, it is very difficult to save them, even under veterinary care. They are delicate.

We all go through the guilt feelings, but have to come to terms with the fact that it was simply time for them to go.

They were both such pretty birds.

🤗 Don't be so hard on yourself. Hugs.

I too, like your other friends here, wish I could help you to feel less guilt , Ruth.
I hope it was a temporary emotional feeling, you were having that day, that has now gone away, or will very soon.

You did everything you could think of, every day, to give her a good home, a good life, many pleasures, lots of attention, and excellent care, to the very best of your abilities.

It's true that birds are very fragile , and their passing leaves us feeling shocked and grieving.

My heart goes out to you Ruth. Don't know if this is useful : www. letstalkbirds.com/pet-bird-loss-grief/ I would type it in as it is written here so you can go straight to that page rather than other info. on that site if you decide to. Hope you don't mind Ruth, I just feel for your loss.
The pictures are beautiful. 🤗🤗

No, it was not your fault. You did the best you could have. Please don't feel guilty. Guilt is one of the responses to death - the five stages. We can "if only" ourselves until we are blue in the face. You love her. She knew that. She knew that. She still does. You need to love yourself now. You are worth it.
Thank you for your very thoughtful reply. I am not feeling as bad now but I do feel I failed her, I should have found a way to get to the far a way Vet and sooner. I guess I will just have to live with that.:cry:

My heart goes out to you Ruth. Don't know if this is useful : www. letstalkbirds.com/pet-bird-loss-grief/ I would type it in as it is written here so you can go straight to that page rather than other info. on that site if you decide to. Hope you don't mind Ruth, I just feel for your loss.
The pictures are beautiful. 🤗🤗
Thank you.

I too, like your other friends here, wish I could help you to feel less guilt , Ruth.
I hope it was a temporary emotional feeling, you were having that day, that has now gone away, or will very soon.

You did everything you could think of, every day, to give her a good home, a good life, many pleasures, lots of attention, and excellent care, to the very best of your abilities.

It's true that birds are very fragile , and their passing leaves us feeling shocked and grieving.
Thank you @Kaila. I appreciate your ever present concern.

My sister and nephew have had birds all their lives. Sometimes, it is very difficult to save them, even under veterinary care. They are delicate.

We all go through the guilt feelings, but have to come to terms with the fact that it was simply time for them to go.

They were both such pretty birds.

🤗 Don't be so hard on yourself. Hugs.
Thanks @Pinky So true. We all are harder on ourselves than anyone else.

Back