As Life Goes on Without Our Beloved Pet Friend

@Ruthanne, would you consider getting a Cockatiel? They are so cute and affectionate. They can live a long time, unlike parakeets, and are roughly the same size.

Just a thought.....
In some ways this is a good idea...kind and thoughtful on your part RadishRose. But a replacement cannot take the place of the dear being that has passed. It does not take away the pain. To me an animal pet is a person. No one person can take the place of another.

Looking at pictures helps me too. One of the things I did was to use a picture Lucy and her deceased sister together for my wallpaper on my desktop screen. Everyday I open my computer and see them there in front of me. It's sort of like they are with me that way. Maybe you could try it. :)

Looking at pictures helps me too. One of the things I did was to use a picture Lucy and her deceased sister together for my wallpaper on my desktop screen. Everyday I open my computer and see them there in front of me. It's sort of like they are with me that way. Maybe you could try it. :)
I like that idea but my computer screen is open at all times and I'm not ready yet to have her on there at all times. I take my peaks at her now on my phone pictures and in my desktop computer at times. I may put her up there permanently one day on the screen but just not ready yet.

Our beloved Boston Terrier died this week.
She was 12 yrs old,,my heart aches so much.
I see her in the house , in the yard,,,must be her ghost saying 'good-bye'?

Was surprised when hubby suggested we get another dog.
Been looking online for an older dog.

Looking at puppies too, at 78 do I want to start training another young dog?
Winter might be good time to train a dog , would keep us busy during virus shut downs.

I’m so sorry for your loss Sliverfox😕
Getting another dog is a good idea.
We downsized our dogs so they’d be easier to care for and they are. It’s a tough transition but it’s easier than no dog, in my opinion. Loss of dogs has been my biggest loss so far. Wishing you the best of luck. Treat yourself extra kind. ❤️
D5204C99-B980-4A1B-8B03-F1508263E4A5.jpeg

So so sorry for your loss @Sliverfox. My Austrian friends just lost their dog, also of 12 years, quite recently. They now have a 3month old puppy. They are in their late 70s and just felt the need to provide a home for a rescue puppy and felt that it would help them in keeping fit (they said they wanted the new puppy 'Sunny' to be active- and he is !!). He is a small dog so manageable for them. They also wanted a 'companion' during these really difficult times. They obviously miss 'Kitty' but 'Sunny' will perhaps ease the pain a little. Provisions have been made with the family should anything happen to them. So 'Sunny' will stay as the family dog.
When the time is right you will make the right decision. 🤗

Our beloved Boston Terrier died this week.
She was 12 yrs old,,my heart aches so much.
I see her in the house , in the yard,,,must be her ghost saying 'good-bye'?

Was surprised when hubby suggested we get another dog.
Been looking online for an older dog.

Looking at puppies too, at 78 do I want to start training another young dog?
Winter might be good time to train a dog , would keep us busy during virus shut downs.
Oh dear Sliverfox, I'm so very sorry your dog has passed! I hope you and your husband will heal quickly, although I know your hearts just ache right now.

I love the Bostons. Hopefully, you will adopt another when the time is right. Until then, my prayers for comfort are offered. 🙏

Thank you, so much RadishRose.

We've had Bostons all our married life.
This one was not hyper or energetic, stubborn ,, yes aren't they all?

Looking online have found a few under thousand dollars.
The kennel website didn't give location, state, etc.
Which made me look closer.

Be side puppy pictures were blocks to click to buy.
I am not buying any animal sight unseen!

Back