August 2019 ~ Please Share your Day...

It was a pretty hot day here in California. Triple digits. Stayed in all day in very light clothing. About dark my husband got dressed enough to go out and get our mail. I told him if he'd just go out "as is" our neighbors would all think we had a swimming pool out back. :LOL: We watched movies, watched youTube videos, had couple Margaritas. Well, I did, he drank his with water. He and the dogs went to bed about dark and I'll be going soon, as it's after midnight.

I told him to wake me up early in the morning so I can go out and walk awhile before it gets hot. I hope that really happens.

Talking of which.. , this really happened yesterday. When hubs got home from work we loaded my car up with logs to take to the woods..! As we drove past a house there was a guy standing there stark Naked, full frontal in the window....!!! I know it was hot, but WTH was he thinking..?..his windows are facing onto a Road.! :LOL:

@mike4lorie I'm so sorry your dog is ill! 😢
[/QUOTE]

Thank You, RR...

Well, today is Hump Day eh... Where is the week going, driving past us quick... Well, today I have to take the truck in for its oil change... Think I am a couple of Km's over, 1st time ever for the truck... Not a lot else is new, the restaurant we goto all the time was closed for Reno's... I personally think they are closing up, but time will tell...

Thinking we might as well close up the pool, don't think we are going to get any more use out of it, it is September in a few days, and already starting to look like fall around here... So maybe this long weekend this weekend, I will tackle it... We have a couple of dogs coming here starting tomorrow till Sunday...

Well, Kids, I hope YOU all have a wonderful Day... God Bless YOU all...
Mike

Well, it was a sunny beautiful day today here. Trying to keep my diet in tact. Not for drastic weight loss..but for health's sake. Ate the right things and that's a good thing.

Took the dog for 2 walks so far today and she loved that. She wanders so on her leash and I have to guide her. I wonder if others have to do the same thing. She won't walk straight down the street but wanders from one side to the other. I shorten her retractable leash so she can't do it as much.

Took the car to the shop again! Informed the man I want the window fixed right this time and he listened. Also told him the other problems it's been having and also asked for a high mileage oil change along with adding some Lucas that he talked about being good for the engine. Now if he can do all these things I'll be amazed! I probably should have taken it elsewhere but feared the car wouldn't make it any further than down the street..so sometimes we have to do these things. Next time I may take it elsewhere if they can't do everything right this time.

Watching a bunch of crapola on tv. Looking for something to get interested in. I need to get to the laundry again as I'm running out of summer clothes to wear and don't want to wear my Winter stuff yet.

Hopefully everything is going to be alright!:LOL::cool:🦋

Part 2 of my day:

Got a call from the repair shop. My engine has a knock. So, I am looking for a salvage place to get a few dollars for my car. The end of having it for 11 years. It was a good car and lasted a lot longer than I thought it would. I just have to have my title and registration to give to the junk car place.

Now I have to learn how to live without a car for awhile! :oops:o_O:censored::unsure:

Very warm day today and I still have the AC going because my living room really gets warm from the sun beating down on it.

Fed the pets, washed my hair, made coffee.

Walked to the drugstore to get some things I needed. I'm not used to walking places and I could feel my muscles in my legs stretching as I walked. I better get used to this walking business now without a car.🙃

Called some junk car places to get rid of my car and found one that would give me more money than I expected but not really a lot of money. I don't think it's worth too much any way. However they are really busy and can't get out here until after the long holiday weekend. Thankfully the shop where I had been getting repairs said I could keep it parked there over the weekend. I'm really glad they let it stayed parked there as I'm really scared to drive it since the engine is so bad. It could lock up and then I'd have to have it towed and nowhere to tow it too. Couldn't keep it parked on the street here because you have to move cars on this street every 12 hours or so because of the traffic. Anyway I'm glad they let me park it there up the street. :sneaky:

Going to relax and watch tv tonight. May binge watch some ID channel. 😬

Well Good Morning Kids...
Well long story short, computer crashed... I tried to get on here with my phone, but didn't even know my password... So contacted @Matrix and for some reason I still could not get on with my phone, so played with the computer, and got it going again... But lost everything that had a importance to me... Damn computers...

Not a lot else new to report... Been working a lot in garage and shop... Tomorrow I have to figure my tractor all of sudden why it's loosing oil, and then gut whatever grass we have... Most of it is burnt right now, but have millions of weeds... Well going to get my a55 to bed, morning will come very fast... So happy to be back... I hope YOU all have a GREAT Saturday, and God Bless YOU all...
Mike

1.jpg

Well Good Morning Kids...
Well long story short, computer crashed... I tried to get on here with my phone, but didn't even know my password... So contacted @Matrix and for some reason I still could not get on with my phone, so played with the computer, and got it going again... But lost everything that had a importance to me... Damn computers...

Not a lot else new to report... Been working a lot in garage and shop... Tomorrow I have to figure my tractor all of sudden why it's loosing oil, and then gut whatever grass we have... Most of it is burnt right now, but have millions of weeds... Well going to get my a55 to bed, morning will come very fast... So happy to be back... I hope YOU all have a GREAT Saturday, and God Bless YOU all...
Mike

View attachment 75547
So sorry about your computer crash Mike. I hope you can figure it out so it will work again. :whistle:

Yesterday I did very little, trying to rest my twisted ankle, which is getting better thankfully...

I did a few chores, and washed the kitchen floor with a mop to save me having to bend down and do it on my hands and knees like I usually do..but it doesn't get the floor as clean as I would like.

@Ruthanne , oh no, I'm so sorry you have to junk your car... :(

Yesterday I did very little, trying to rest my twisted ankle, which is getting better thankfully...

I did a few chores, and washed the kitchen floor with a mop to save me having to bend down and do it on my hands and knees like I usually do..but it doesn't get the floor as clean as I would like.

@Ruthanne , oh no, I'm so sorry you have to junk your car... :(
Thanks HD, it's going to be okay. I just have to learn to get on without it. I hope you will not be on your ankle too much. Resting it is important. I know it's hard to stay off it though when there are things to do.

Today is saturday ' woke with tired feeling a little rough around the edges day lol'''so made lunch
for us both - weather seems over cast but sun is trying to peep through-so I came on here to see what others are up too' getting chilly' and just relised its sept tomorrow' woweee slowww down months plzzzzz...and oh yea did a line full of washing ..(y)

HI Mike,hope your computer problems are solved
Holly Dolly,hope your ankle gets stronger,pain subsides with each passing day.I remember after my knee surgery I had to walk slowly before I got my strength back in the knee.
My plans for today,taking my friend&'movie buddy',Alexei to lunch at Paneras.He's been busy lately so it will be a great chance to catch up with him.

My day started out pretty good today until about an hour ago. My nephew ,who is in Hospice care at home called me. He said he just wanted to tell me how much he loved me and how much I meant to him, while he still had the chance. He brought back so many wonderful times we had together and how blessed he felt to have me in his life. He told me that it would be better for me if I didn't visit him because he knew it would break my heart to see how he has failed in the last few days. He said wonderful things about my husband and how my husband became a second father to him after his Dad passed away. He told me so many beautiful things and I've been crying since we got off the phone. I don't know how I am going to get through the rest of the day, let alone when we lose him. Life can be really heartbreaking. Thank you for letting me get this off my chest.

My day started out pretty good today until about an hour ago. My nephew ,who is in Hospice care at home called me. He said he just wanted to tell me how much he loved me and how much I meant to him, while he still had the chance. He brought back so many wonderful times we had together and how blessed he felt to have me in his life. He told me that it would be better for me if I didn't visit him because he knew it would break my heart to see how he has failed in the last few days. He said wonderful things about my husband and how my husband became a second father to him after his Dad passed away. He told me so many beautiful things and I've been crying since we got off the phone. I don't know how I am going to get through the rest of the day, let alone when we lose him. Life can be really heartbreaking. Thank you for letting me get this off my chest.
Sassy...think of all the good you guys did for him. That will never die. He will carry it with him and so will you guys. Till you meet again. Love is eternal. How wonderful that he wanted to call you and let you know, to think of you so gracefully, not wanting you to be so sad. What a truly kind soul he is.

Sassy...think of all the good you guys did for him. That will never die. He will carry it with him and so will you guys. Till you meet again. Love is eternal. How wonderful that he wanted to call you and let you know, to think of you so gracefully, not wanting you to be so sad. What a truly kind soul he is.

Thank you for your kind words Liberty. He is a wonderful man who has been through a lot. When he was only 39yrs old he had an Epidural Stroke that left him paralyzed from the chest down. Even though he was wheelchair bound he made a great carpet business and investments in flipping houses. Then a few months ago everything with his health took a bad turn. So now all we can do is keep him happy and loved.

Thank you for your kind words Liberty. He is a wonderful man who has been through a lot. When he was only 39yrs old he had an Epidural Stroke that left him paralyzed from the chest down. Even though he was wheelchair bound he made a great carpet business and investments in flipping houses. Then a few months ago everything with his health took a bad turn. So now all we can do is keep him happy and loved.
He's in my prayers. Sounds like a really fine soul that when life gave him lemons, made lemon pie out of them! Think that is what life here on the earth is all about. A very kind and wise advanced soul.

Back