August 2019 ~ Please Share your Day...

I cleaned the house today which needed it because I skipped last week. Filled the birdbath for the 5th time this morning. There is one Robin who seems to be part sponge. After he is done there is nothing left for the other birds. The hubby suggested we go to IHop for dinner. I guess he is in the mood for pancakes and all the glop that goes with it. I'll have an omelet and enough coffee to drown a rat. They have good coffee. Then I'll call it a day.

Good Morning Ladies and Gents... Well, Happy August, cuz it's here now, Not sure how it got here so fast, but it is here. Well, my brakes came in today for the truck, so that will be my Saturday job, putting new front brakes on. It'll only be the pads, but still time-consuming.
Not a lot else to say, still fighting a pain flare-up. Did my taxes again for the second time, cuz CRA messed them up and then tells me I owe enormous monies. I wish I made that on LTD and Disability. So Have to call them today, and that will probably be arguments... Well, Kids, I hope YOU all have a GREAT day... God Bless YOU all...

Yes JimW, it's about forty-five minutes to an hour from here... Pretty close

Mike

Today I might attempt climbing the ladder to continue painting our barn!! I have all 4 sides done..
View attachment 73690
Better wait for one of the kids to stop by, you can pull a Tom Sawyer on them!

tom_sawyer_textless_cover.jpg

Well, yesterday was a day from hell... As I said yesterday, was still in some pain, didn't sleep well... Well I said to myself, ya gotta get up and try, so I finally did.. Well I do some scrapping here and there, and thought I need to get the cement out of the end of that pipe I took out yesterday, so I got the compressor going, to only have problems with the hose. Finally discovered the problem so went to buy a new hose, Get it home, after another ordeal, we'll go there in a sec... Get it all back together, works great for a few minutes, and stops again... To discover it' the connector also. So today I have to go and buy a new connector. I wouldn't worry about it, but I am hoping to do the brakes on Saturday and need the air compressor...

So while I was out, and in town, I called an old friend up, who I don't see a lot anymore to go for a coffee, So we sat down by the water and shot the sh1t about the old days at work, and life. Had a great conversation. Got up to leave, drop him off at home, and continued on my way home, when I discovered I don't have my cell. So back to the park, though that was the last time I had it. Searched for an hour... So thought I was supposed to have the truck home about 3:30 - 4:00 for Lorie to drive home the Grandson. So hurried home, about 15 minutes down the highway. Apologized I was late and explained why I was late when I hear my alarm from my phone to remind me to take some of my meds.

Lorie and I quickly rip the truck apart to find my phone had fallen down between the seats...

Well, that's the day...
Have a GREAT day, and God Bless to YOU...

Well it's just noon here, I've done nothing this morning except take delivery of 2 parcels, .. and had a drink and sat in the garden with it.. I haven't even opened the rest of my mail.
In quite a bit of lower back pain this morning, got a heat pad on my back..

Chatted with my daughter.. she's got a power cut in Spain.. big huge deal for her, because it's 40 plus deg, and she has a business to run , aside from anything else..:(

My new Hardback book has arrived , Francis Rossi's ( Status Quo) latest Biography...looking forward to reading that tonight

Not long back from doing the weekly grocery shopping🍌🥩🧀..I Hate that!! the shopping not the food.. ..However, it's a beautiful day altho' the humidity is high, and I thought it would be a good idea to go mid afternoon when it's usually chocka block with the school run mums and kids.. thinking it would be quiet because it's school holidays ....oooh how wrong I was... It was packed solid, they were queued for spaces at the supermarket car park 🚗🚙🚘.. my AC doesn't work in the car despite re-gassing twice, and I was HOT!!!..☀ anyway, I finally got it all done.. and stopped off at the pub (which was also packed) for a cold drink before coming home with fans full on and all windows wide open.....*phew* !!

Back