Aunt Pam is homesick, again.

Why I hold these girls so close to my heart.

When Lily was just a week old ... my niece received a message in Facebook from a young woman who lived in Laredo, Texas. The woman told my niece that she had no idea that the man she was seeing was married and had two children. My niece threw him out and has not seen him since that day. Lily is now 3 years old.

They at times call their grandpa, "Daddy" and they are corrected and told that he is their Papo (grandpa); and they understand. The oldest is the one who would ask for her daddy. Breaks my heart.

I will help them out as much as I can for as long as I live.

I called my dear Martha last night. She cried and shared stories of Robert. She is missing him so much. I tried my best to console her and to make her laugh. We had a good visit. She said that an ex-principal in one of our local schools is having food catered to her guests ...tonight. and has offered to cut her lawns.
There are good people left. He Martha and Robert were college classmates.

Last edited:
Eddy played his last (home) game in Sabinal....last night. And his mother coached her last home game. She did resign from Sabinal ISD. Haven't heard anything of what she will do next. Coaching caused the burnout. Twenty years is rough.

What an experience to have had his mama teach him the required biology courses, to be his coach during baseball season and to be his mommy. A bittersweet four years for them both.

I am sure it was tough for my niece to witness her sons being injured (twice) during football season.

I am most excited that Eddy is going to the Prom!

What a year he has had. Next is graduation. He is undecided of what to do after graduation.
Screenshot_20220423-123426_Instagram.jpg

Mom/Coach/Teacher and son.

Screenshot_20220423-123525_Instagram.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220423-123041_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20220423-123041_Instagram.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Our Eddy won Prom King; no pictures and not so good clips. Maybe I'll get a pic tomorrow. Oh, it is already tomorrow. Nite, had to stay up and watch their prom night videos.

Had these pics when i woke up.
Resized_IMG_5616(2)(1).jpegResized_View_rece.jpg
Neither one of these girls was his date; he wanted to go dateless.

Last edited:
Eddy gave it his all during his four years in high school.

I, for one will miss hearing about his everyday life as a high school student.

I am told that he is well liked by many.

Eddy seemed to be drawn to many activities, i.e. FFA, football, baseball, Senior Class President, President of the National Honor Society amongst others.

May he always be protected in his future endeavors.

Last edited:
Wow and he decided to come back home means something how he changed colleges right then and there.
I just realized you meant your travel time there.
I was thinking of his changing of his whole college scene you mentioned. What about his older brother. What college did he attend? I'm curious how a wonderful tight knit family they are and you and still trouble being away from that closeness. Must be due to all the people involved are weaved into each other's life.
I think is why this man feels that need of connectedness with the ones that hold him up high. Where the world is not like family.
Thank you for sharing.

Wow and he decided to come back home means something how he changed colleges right then and there.
I was thinking of his changing of his whole college scene you mentioned. What about his older brother. What college did he attend? I'm curious how a wonderful tight knit family they are and you and still trouble being away from that closeness. Must be due to all the people involved are weaved into each other's life.
I think is why this man feels that need of connectedness with the ones that hold him up high. Where the world is not like family.
Thank you for sharing.
I am so confused with your reply and think I'll reply tomorrow. My back has been bothering me for almost a week. Good night, @Autumn72

Thank you for sharing.
Nursing has always been Gibby's plan until he received a baseball scholarship to a university near Dallas. He has done well with his studies. Now, it has been decided by him to continue with his initial plan of going to nursing school IN THE FALL.

Gibby is the older brother. Eddy is a senior in high school.

Gibby does miss his family. He will drive over 7 hours to see his family.

Eddy, the youngest is undecided about the future.

I hope this has cleared up your questions. @Autumn72

Gilbert is in Uvalde. Not sure if he's done with this college semester but he is thrilled that he'll be able to watch his brother play a high school baseball game today.
0723d03fa75fef06fbaadf7d4fd35a9d[1] (1).jpg

Last edited:

Back