Aunt Pam is homesick, again.

Beautiful, I know you wish you could be there to take them and cover them in kisses!!!! That is one of the best time with kids, liftng them out of their seats and they just melt onto your shoulder.
You just made me tear up, @Blessed . I called them last night and both take turns in talking to me. Those little voices melt my heart. And both don't forget to tell me they love me. Lucy Jo will have a birthday in November, she'll turn 5. When did the time slip by?

Lily will be 4 on April 1st.

My biggest guilt is not being there to see them grow.

Don't think of it as guilt, you would be there if you could. So often it is not a matter of choice, it is just a fact of life. They now you love and adore them.

My little grandson lived here, in my home since he was about two. My son started dating his Mom when he was about six months old. My son thought I would not be happy about him dating a girl with a child. I told him, that is not a problem but this is different, this is not about having a good time, not thinking about what you do has no consequences. There is a child involved.

So now I am a Grandma that comes with all the joy. I get to have that little boy bake cookies and home made pizza, curl and watch movies until he falls asleep. I get to feel him go limp, the soft gentle breathing that lets us know they are happy, safe, there is no worry. Grandma or Auntie is going to make pancakes, waffles, biscuits and gravy, muffins, all their favorites because that is what we do.

I know they are in a town not close but close enough to have them come for a viist for a weekend or maybe a week in the summer. I know you will make great memories!!

Lily is ready for trick or treating in her Batgirl costume.

Knowing her she will want to wear this all month!

My precious baby.

View attachment 242617View attachment 242618
This little girl and her mother both survived a tragic car accident.

A huge truck driven by a man struck my niece's car on the driver's side. The car spun around numerous times.

We are thankful that they survived.

What more can happen?

Thinking of Gibby and wondering how his Sophomore year in college is coming along. I hope and pray that he is studying. This video was shown during the high school graduation dance held for several graduates.... including Gibby.

I was in line at a store and in front of me was a young woman and her 2 or 3 year old little girl. An older woman was with them as well. The little girl was crying and crying and had some pretty big crocodile tears rolling down her face. If you know me ... you know my heart was breaking. I wanted to make that little girl happy!

I couldn't stand to see the child crying. I finally asked the mother if the child was ok and the mother reassured me she was ok. Child wanted a Minnie Mouse doll, mother stated. She also said that she had plenty of toys at home.
😢

Well, I stood there and finally asked her to go get the doll and I would pay for it. Mother refused my offer. My heart now is in 1,000,000 little pieces. I almost begged her to let me buy the doll. I finally gave up.

I go out to my car and hear a familiar cry! Next to my car is a SUV and the little girl is in the back seat ~ CRYING. I drove out of there as fast as I could.

Drove with tears in my eyes.

My family doctor says she has never seen someone like myself who has so much empathy and love for others. We both agree that it is probably due to the fact that I was unable to have children.

I hope I have been a good person.d998d123da2480eb9fa1baded88830e1[1].gif

I was in line at a store and in front of me was a young woman and her 2 or 3 year old little girl. An older woman was with them as well. The little girl was crying and crying and had some pretty big crocodile tears rolling down her face. If you know me ... you know my heart was breaking. I wanted to make that little girl happy!

I couldn't stand to see the child crying. I finally asked the mother if the child was ok and the mother reassured me she was ok. Child wanted a Minnie Mouse doll, mother stated. She also said that she had plenty of toys at home.
😢

Well, I stood there and finally asked her to go get the doll and I would pay for it. Mother refused my offer. My heart now is in 1,000,000 little pieces. I almost begged her to let me buy the doll. I finally gave up.

I go out to my car and hear a familiar cry! Next to my car is a SUV and the little girl is in the back seat ~ CRYING. I drove out of there as fast as I could.

Drove with tears in my eyes.

My family doctor says she has never seen someone like myself who has so much empathy and love for others. We both agree that it is probably due to the fact that I was unable to have children.

I hope I have been a good person.View attachment 249311
Aww, Pam, you are a dear! I have come across children that were crying and I also feel sorry for them. I never had the nerve to ask the parent what was wrong, like you have. I just try and make the child smile. I will smile or try and attract their attention. They stop momentarily to stare at me. Sometimes, I get a grateful smile from the mother. I have noticed though, that when a child is tired and hasn't had their nap, they tend to cry easier.

Lord God, I don't know how you stand being away from those precious darlings, I would need a kiss and a hug everyday. My little grandson was here with me until he was five. I still struggle everyday that I am not able to see that sweet baby!!

Resized_ef766dab-148c-478e-af02-cb4a55a118f5_186543318238810.gif

I fell asleep and was dreaming of gorillas. One kicked in the front door and I pushed with all my strength and locked it.🦍 lol

Do you ever dream of something you read or watched on TV?

🦍

Last edited:

Back