Aunt Pam is homesick, again.

The boys lost the game yesterday. I was there to experience the agony of defeat.

I blamed myself, perhaps I brought them bad luck.

The other team was out to win as they want the title bad.

They play again today starting at 5 p.m.

The boys lost the game yesterday. I was there to experience the agony of defeat.

The other team was out to win as they want the title bad.

They play again today starting at 5 p.m.
You win some, you lose some, it's all part of sports.
If they love the game, always do their best and demonstrate good sportsmanship, they're winners.

It's a whole new ballgame tomorrow. Go get em, guys!

We just got home; went out of town for a couple of days to see my g-nephews compete in a baseball tournament. Back home and resting. It was blazing hot the first day of games and then yesterday it rained but it cleared up for them to play again. Our boys lost and are out. The town/city of Shiner will now vie for State championship. They were a tough, I mean TOUGH team. But, I am so very proud of my boys to get as far as they did.

The younger of the two, will play baseball again next year as a Senior in high school. The oldest will be a freshman in college.

Last edited:
We stopped to eat at an IHOP in the next small town and were confronted by quite a few Shiner fans. Only two families were from Sabinal. Anyways, one young man was very kind and said he was impressed with the female coach. That was nice of him to talk to us. We, of course were wearing Sabinal t-shirts.

It's so crazy how some of us are so superstitious about sports! I have
turned the TV or radio on or off depending...thinking that I was the curse on my team 🙃 Maybe there's something to Jung's collective unconscious and sports brings it out in us...

It's so crazy how some of us are so superstitious about sports! I have
turned the TV or radio on or off depending...thinking that I was the curse on my team 🙃 Maybe there's something to Jung's collective unconscious and sports brings it out in us...
Funny, I am NOT superstitious...but this was my very first time of attending one of their baseball games. They played a greater team. They will always be winners in my eyes.

The days are FLYING by.

There doesn't seem to ever be enough time to get done what I want and need to get done.

I've got too much to do, dear friends. Won't be around much in the next several days. Will leave on Friday to go visit family in Uvalde, Texas and then off to San Antonio to visit hubby's sister. We hope to see as many family members as possible. Started packing as well. And I'm collecting this and that to give to my sister Lucy; she can always use dishes, drinking glasses, etc. Our SUV is going to be loaded. lol

And I shall visit my mother's grave and take some fresh pink roses (her favorite).

Hope everyone has peaceful and happy days ahead. 5d770f6f7688da933ffd4ea380142ad8[1].jpg

The days are FLYING by.

There doesn't seem to ever be enough time to get done what I want and need to get done.

I've got too much to do, dear friends. Won't be around much in the next several days. Will leave on Friday to go visit family in Uvalde, Texas and then off to San Antonio to visit hubby's sister. We hope to see as many family members as possible. Started packing as well. And I'm collecting this and that to give to my sister Lucy; she can always use dishes, drinking glasses, etc. Our SUV is going to be loaded. lol

And I shall visit my mother's grave and take some fresh pink roses (her favorite).

Hope everyone has peaceful and happy days ahead. View attachment 170493
I do hope you have a great trip and get to see all your loved ones. We'll miss you so don't forget to come back!

The days are FLYING by.

Hope everyone has peaceful and happy days ahead. View attachment 170493
Have a safe and enjoyable trip, Pam.
See you later.

A day in the life of Pam and her hubs.

I was lethargic and did not want to go back to the mall. So, I wrote down instructions for hubby on the exchange that was to be made. I specifically said I wanted a size 3Toddler instead of the 4Toddler we had bought. Same dresses like the ones we had bought; no substitutions. What does he do? Comes home with 2 totally different dresses and two weird looking tops. Never again!!! I guess I will have to go tomorrow as I am running out of time on getting ready for this trip. I was so livid that I had to get out of the house for some air. Went and bought a few groceries. We had no milk for the morning and I wanted more of the watermelon juice I buy. I also bought my sister an early birthday gift / card. I have tons of stuff to get ready still.

The graduates that were honored had a video shown at the party/dance on Saturday night.

I was teary but never cried. His mother was sitting next to me and he sat in behind us with his girlfriend. I looked at my niece and she was teary. I looked back at our graduate and held his hand as he looked a bit emotional.

I'm sure those hospital pics were tough to watch. This young man has met many obstacles; two being major knee surgeries for football injuries. How I wish he had not suffered so much during these times. But, like his mother has said many times, it has made him a more determined young man. If baseball does not work out, he'll be working towards a Master's Degree in Nursing at the same time.

I am so proud of him, no matter what he accomplishes in his future endeavors. I have one huge regret ~ not being around more while he grew up.

Last edited:

Back