Barbie Banned in Some Mideast Countries

The reason is explained fairly well in the OP.?
It’s promoting homosexuality?😂
These people need to get a life.
I can’t read the links without it asking for money and I’m not interested enough to pay.
The money was really on the lame side. I can’t understand anyone taking it seriously but whatever.

This is my red coat, if you want to get really excited I have a photo of my red trousers. Come to think of it, I still have the plumb-coloured ones.
View attachment 299091
red coat.JPG
Nothing wrong with that from where I'm looking. Now a white fur collar on it might have something of a Santa appearance, but as it is, it looks fine.
Sports Blazers 003.JPG
Knowing my penchant for the outrageous, here's a blazer that hits you in the eye.

Blazer One - Copy.JPG
Look at the shoes, even they are red, or to be more precise, red and cream.

burgundy spectators 001.JPG
Just go for it!

I like the wingtip oxfords. My Gramps wore a pair similar only they were black and white. He was proud of those shoes. He wore them to a wedding we went to and the Pastor asked him if he knew if the shoe store had anymore of those shoes in stock. Gramps asked the Pastor if he was interested in a pair and the Pastor said he was. It went very well with his Sunday outfit of a black suit and a white collar.

The shoe store had sold out of the Pastor’s size, but my Gramps and the Pastor wore the same size, so Gramps gave his shoes to the Pastor, who at first refused them, but later did take them. Gramps had them polished by the cobbler in town and new laces added before he gave them to the Pastor.

Gramps said he wore them 4 times and wished he wouldn’t have offered them to the Pastor. It was 5 years later, I was leafing through a Penney’s catalog and saw a pair very close to what Gramps had, so I bought them while I was in college and sent them to Gramps. Grandma said he laughed when he opened them, but he did wear them.

I like the wingtip oxfords. My Gramps wore a pair similar only they were black and white. He was proud of those shoes.
Patent leather shoes 003.JPG
Your grandfather had style. My black & white pair are patent leather are perfect for wearing with formal dinner suit or any black bow tie event. The original name was Spectator shoes but in the 1920's and 30's in England, the style was considered too flamboyant for a gentleman, and was therefore, called tasteless. But the style was popular among lounge lizards and cads, who were sometimes associated with divorce cases, a nickname for the style was co-respondent shoe, a pun on the shoe colour and because "co-respondent" is the legal description of a third party caught in flagrante delicto with the guilty.

They are probably banned in the Middle East, or they will be if this thread gets read out there!

View attachment 301448
Your grandfather had style. My black & white pair are patent leather are perfect for wearing with formal dinner suit or any black bow tie event. The original name was Spectator shoes but in the 1920's and 30's in England, the style was considered too flamboyant for a gentleman, and was therefore, called tasteless. But the style was popular among lounge lizards and cads, who were sometimes associated with divorce cases, a nickname for the style was co-respondent shoe, a pun on the shoe colour and because "co-respondent" is the legal description of a third party caught in flagrante delicto with the guilty.

They are probably banned in the Middle East, or they will be if this thread gets read out there!
Only 8 days to Goodwood Revival HC, I think at this rate you might need your wellies.

Only 8 days to Goodwood Revival HC, I think at this rate you might need your wellies.
Do you remember the press release of The Glastonbury mud slides? Glasto is not my scene but I did feel a pang for those who were there. We have two more functions before Goodwood, (I've had a word with the weather fairy,) Bridport Hat Festival, & Classic Cars on the Quay. If it's raining we could leave the MG in the garage and go and see Barbie the movie. Actually sticking pins in my scrotum is more preferable than the Barbie movie.

Banned Barbie Movie?
Does anyone know why? 🤷‍♀️
Not all cultures are into female equality and empowerment. Barbie wears some clothing that shows a lot of skin, but basically keeps her properly covered by Western standards. There are a few other things they might have issues with but if I told you it would be a spoiler.
No. It was started by certain news people. Can't say more. Guess.
They need another issue to get people stirred up. Face it, there are people who feed on the anger and fighting between groups of people.

Do you remember the press release of The Glastonbury mud slides? Glasto is not my scene but I did feel a pang for those who were there. We have two more functions before Goodwood, (I've had a word with the weather fairy,) Bridport Hat Festival, & Classic Cars on the Quay. If it's raining we could leave the MG in the garage and go and see Barbie the movie. Actually sticking pins in my scrotum is more preferable than the Barbie movie.
Bridport was a venue the Stag Club used quite a lot. If nothing else the Stag has a great exhaust note and a convoy going through the small village streets sounded great. Happy days not to be relived, alas. So good luck and make the most of yours.

Bridport was a venue the Stag Club used quite a lot. If nothing else the Stag has a great exhaust note and a convoy going through the small village streets sounded great. Happy days not to be relived, alas. So good luck and make the most of yours.
Triumph Stag.jpg
You will probably not understand why the Triumph Stag didn't float
the boat of many a classic car nutcase. It just seemed ordinary.
Nothing more than a Triumph 2,000 with the roof chopped off.
triumph stag 2.jpg

View attachment 301480
You will probably not understand why the Triumph Stag didn't float
the boat of many a classic car nutcase. It just seemed ordinary.
Nothing more than a Triumph 2,000 with the roof chopped off.
View attachment 301482
Afraid you are way off the mark HC and there is not much I do not know about the Triumph Stag story. This was my actual restored car in a national motor magazine and a further picture of how todays Barbie woman want men to be and their transport.
stag 006 (2).JPGstag 004.JPGbike ride 2014 053 (1).JPG

Afraid you are way off the mark HC and there is not much I do not know about the Triumph Stag story. This was my actual restored car in a national motor magazine and a further picture of how todays Barbie woman want men to be and their transport.
View attachment 301493View attachment 301494View attachment 301495
Well I stand by my previous Stag interpretation, it's a chopped roof Triumph 2000. But, let's not fall out, I'm loving the sun hatted, bearded, mini-skirted cyclist, I can't match that, and at the age of 77, you wouldn't expect me to, surely? However, bicycles are very therapeutic for hip replacement patients, better still, if the bike is designed for the ladies it won't have a crossbar, perfect for hip replacement patients.
1693521100776.jpeg
Do you like the baggy trousers?

I've watched the Ken song video at least 10 times. Love it. I can't believe Ryan Gosling is 42. I'd guess him 10 years younger.
Thanks for the link, he's so hot, and funny. I'd never heard of him before the Barbie movie (I've been to see it twice).

Well I stand by my previous Stag interpretation, it's a chopped roof Triumph 2000. But, let's not fall out, I'm loving the sun hatted, bearded, mini-skirted cyclist, I can't match that, and at the age of 77, you wouldn't expect me to, surely? However, bicycles are very therapeutic for hip replacement patients, better still, if the bike is designed for the ladies it won't have a crossbar, perfect for hip replacement patients.
View attachment 301538
Do you like the baggy trousers?
Most useful for shoplifting if you put the cycle clips on HC. But on a serious note, I assume you do not wear them for general use any more than in current times a man rides his Destrier and gallops down the high street in a suit of armour, but you could give it a try. Great however that you have a hobby still at your age, I am impressed and rather envious. Keep it up, the world needs eccentrics, in the nicest sense of the word.

Back