Bathtub

I never understood laying in dirty bathwater. Then you have to wash the tub, so if you have to wash the tub doesn't that mean the water you bathe in is dirty? Showers only here.
One can quickly rinse off with the shower ‘after’ the bath. 🙄

I can’t understand those who criticize bath users.
If they choose to bath and then wash the tub, what so horrible about that?🤔

Some like to soak in a healing bath of Epsom Salts for aching joints and / or muscles.

An Epsom Salts shower doesn’t quite cut it.

@Sassycakes
Beautiful bathroom..

My hubby and I purchased a house about 4 months ago. It has a Jacuzzi type bahtub. I like it but afraid to turn on the device that makes the bubbles...lol I got in it once but looking at the post, I may treat myself to a bath tonight with a glass of wine:)

Last edited:
Exactly. Plus baths are an opportunity to pamper yourself in luxury. 🕯 Candles , a glass of wine 🍷
or quick vape. Some added essential oils for some aroma therapy. Some relaxing music🎼
What’s not to like? Plus those salt baths REALLY work. All that magnesium getting soaked into the skin. 🥰
YESSSS!!!! Sounds so relaxing🍷

For me, it isn't worth the risk. Besides, (like someone mentioned) I prefer the dirty water going down the drain. Also, my house was built in 1953 & the only way I could fit in my tub is if I curled up into a ball.

Baths can be helpful for my arthritis, but I also have problems getting out of the tub and it makes me a little queasy sitting in my own dirt so only if I’m in terrible pain do I consider taking a bath.

I think about taking a bath, the thought itself is very relaxing.. but I end up taking a shower. I think if I had someone to run my bath water and clean the tub, I may take more baths..LOL But I love showers.

During the summer we visited 'Cragside' which was the first house lit by hydro-electricity. In all of the bathrooms was a step to assist getting in and out of the bath.

Mrs. L thought this was a great idea, so when we updated our bathroom, I incorporated a slide-out step / storage box under the bathtub. Fortunately we're still reasonably fit, but that extra step really helps getting in and out .

Back