Beach Art Inspirations

Beach Cottage Life...
il_570x_N.750169220_ne50.jpg

I remember around 1991 I stopped at a gas/repair station and they gave me, for free,

4 big black inner tubes like this one for use on my father's lake. I haven't seen any since...

...not that I want or need any but I never see them. This place had a pile of them.

I'm sure the men here can correct me but I think they are the inner part of big truck tires.

36a6e1b10509907b9894b25f8d020e47.jpg

When we were kids we got one of those also. It was big enough to fit about 5 or 6 on it. I think it may have been an inner tube off a huge tractor or something. We had sooo much fun on that thing but then the neighbour took it away cause I took her daughter way out into the lake where we couldn’t be seen.
I didn’t understand the problem :laugh:

Mine too, Rose, but looks fairly easy to do.

The scallop shells are easy to find. The pearls, beads, and rhinestones you can get from a craft store like "Michaels".

The paint used is called Acrylic "Iridescent". Tube size is more than you need and expensive, so find the tiny acrylic squirt bottles that are iridescent. You would need the "Iridescent Pearl White" color and an "Iridescent Turquoise" color. You would probably need to mix the turquoise with the pearl white to make it a little lighter. Oh, and beige for the sand color.

Lastly, you'd need a "fast drying clear permanent glue" and then spray clear polyurethane evenly over it to make it shine and protect it. Just a light coat.

tumblr_p1vd0l_Ok0q1wsllj9o1_400.jpg

Mine too, Rose, but looks fairly easy to do.

The scallop shells are easy to find. The pearls, beads, and rhinestones you can get from a craft store like "Michaels".

The paint used is called Acrylic "Iridescent". Tube size is more than you need and expensive, so find the tiny acrylic squirt bottles that are iridescent. You would need the "Iridescent Pearl White" color and an "Iridescent Turquoise" color. You would probably need to mix the turquoise with the pearl white to make it a little lighter. Oh, and beige for the sand color.

Lastly, you'd need a "fast drying clear permanent glue" and then spray clear polyurethane evenly over it to make it shine and protect it. Just a light coat.

tumblr_p1vd0l_Ok0q1wsllj9o1_400.jpg

I do like this shell, Lara......lovely:hatlaugh1:

Finding sea glass was an exciting past time for me as I kid. I was fascinated by it, especially the dark blue pieces. They looked so cool and still do.

Love that hat Laura. That’s stunning!

This would be so easy to make!

I'm not wild about the sea turtle charm but you could use any charm normally used for

charm bracelets, that are sold in craft stores and online. Many come in silver.

I believe the "sea glass chips" are fake and sold at craft stores. You can't find real

seaglass that tiny but there are lots of tiny treasures you can find on the beach to use!

All you need is some permanent clear fast-drying glue. Don't use a glue-gun...won't last as long.

il_570x_N.1441405492_be4j.jpg

Thank you Falcon & Radish Rose:rose: Here's a Sea Glass necklace that's easier to make than may appear.
Here's how this artist did it: http://www.seaglassvisions.com/how-to-start-creating-sea-glass-jewelry/

I think it's beautiful as it is but, personally, if I were using thin copper wire then I wouldn't choose a thick gold chain. Copper calls for something earthy like a thin soft leather string. Or something beachy-seaglassy like tiny translucent beads or a thin chiffon-like ribbon in see-through white, or coral.

aqua-pendant-one.jpg

Last edited:

Back