Bean There...Done That. Everything Beans!

Meanderer

Supreme Member
While "beating the bush baked beans" on the shelf,we discovered bourbon beans. They are great! What kind of beans have you bean into?:)

These are Bourbon with Brown Sugar. They have three other kinds, which we haven't tried. They gotta be way easier and better than home made.
BushsGrillinBeans2864c7de-03f9-4498-a9c0-9c214591120f.png

I love beans...any sort...but my all time favourites are borlotti beans cooked with smoked ham..tomato and garlic sauce...and a crusty french loaf...yums!

Does anyone make baked beans from scratch any more? I cheat, sautee some onions, open a can, a little brown sugar and pass it off as home made.

Mine are much the same, Lee. I might add bacon or ground beef at times. The cheapest pork and beans do fine and turn out better than those expensive ready to eat canned baked beans.

We don't make baked beans, but my chef....hubby...uses beans/legumes a lot in veggie chili and veggie curry. Kidney beans, black eyes peas, chickpeas, butterbeans, etc. We buy them dried and he cooks them first in the pressure cooker.

One dish I like to make is Wiener Bean-pot casserole. I plan to try smoked sausage sliced into it instead of ball park wieners (pork & chicken)

Back