Before anyone else takes the shot

"You guys just won't stop till you've picked these vaccines apart and scared the hell out of people who probably won't have any problems with it. Now you're trying to scare the ones that have gotten it."

No one is trying to scare anyone. If an news article is published and anyone wishes to post said article, that's not to scare anyone. Its information, maybe not the kind that makes a person feel secure but its still information and shouldn't be omitted just because it doesn't praise the vaccine.

Yet anyone posting any negatives about the vaccine is always accused of something, being stupid, ignorant, cowardly, non caring and trying to scare others. I just don't understand why its thought that any negative information should be omitted.
I never see you guys post anything except bad stuff. You don't ever see anything but that anywhere?

I never see you guys post anything except bad stuff. You don't ever see anything but that anywhere?
Sure I see good stuff. I've posted good stuff, funny stuff. But I and others question the vaccines. We have that right. We also have the right to post the information regardless of how uncomfortable it makes others feel.

And we should have that right without being called names. I've never told anyone who got the vaccine, or is going to get the vaccine that they shouldn't or have never called them stupid etc.

You guys are also always saying that anything in the media can't be trusted but you trust all this stuff you plaster this site with in an effort to scare folks into not getting vaccinated. I didn't worry about all the media. I decided for myself that I was willing to risk it if it kept me from dying from this virus. All the news reports in the world wouldn't have changed that decision. But in one breath you guys get upset because you insult us we insult you and everyone is posting stuff they supposedly don't trust but they put it up anyway for all of us to read and bicker about I don't understand why? If your intention is to warn people who I'm sure see the same reports as everyone else...and you don't trust the media for anything...why post it?

Sure I see good stuff. I've posted good stuff, funny stuff. But I and others question the vaccines. We have that right. We also have the right to post the information regardless of how uncomfortable it makes others feel.

And we should have that right without being called names. I've never told anyone who got the vaccine, or is going to get the vaccine that they shouldn't or have never called them stupid etc.
We have the right to our opinions too. So here we are.

And for the record Becky I've never said you called anyone stupid. I've never seen you do that.

"You guys just won't stop till you've picked these vaccines apart and scared the hell out of people who probably won't have any problems with it. Now you're trying to scare the ones that have gotten it."

No one is trying to scare anyone. If an news article is published and anyone wishes to post said article, that's not to scare anyone. Its information, maybe not the kind that makes a person feel secure but its still information and shouldn't be omitted just because it doesn't praise the vaccine.

Yet anyone posting any negatives about the vaccine is always accused of something, being stupid, ignorant, cowardly, non caring and trying to scare others. I just don't understand why its thought that any negative information should be omitted.
"Yet anyone posting any negatives about the vaccine is always accused of something, being stupid, ignorant, cowardly, non caring and trying to scare others. I just don't understand why its thought that any negative information should be omitted."

I never accused you of that. Never said it should be omitted either. I just don't understand why you guys spend all day long every day looking for a reason to not get vaccinated and/or looking for a reason to try to convince others not to when it's their choice. It feels like COVID and everything related to it has taken over the forum and I just wonder if there will ever be an end to it. That's all.

‼️‼️‼️

Can COVID-19 vaccines alter my DNA?

NO, COVID-19 vaccines do NOT alter your DNA.

The Pfizer/BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine uses a fragment of messenger RNA (mRNA) to instruct your body to make an immune response against COVID-19.

There is a crucial difference between mRNA and DNA ‼️

DNA, which makes up our genetic code, is larger, double stranded and very long. The mRNA is a single stranded copy of a small part of the DNA, which is often released to send instructions to other parts of the cell.

DNA is stored in the protected centre of our cells – the nucleus. The mRNA is broken down quickly by the body. It never enters the nucleus, and cannot affect or combine with our DNA in any way to change our genetic code.

Instead, COVID-19 mRNA vaccines teach the cell how to make a protein that triggers an immune response specific to COVID-19. The vaccines work with the body’s natural defences to develop immunity to disease.

https://www.health.gov.au/initiativ...is-it-true-can-covid-19-vaccines-alter-my-dna

Would be good before people post stuff...they do the intelligent thing and investigate and research thoroughly. If not...your purpose is to scare people needlessly.

‼️‼️‼️

You guys are also always saying that anything in the media can't be trusted but you trust all this stuff you plaster this site with in an effort to scare folks into not getting vaccinated. I didn't worry about all the media. I decided for myself that I was willing to risk it if it kept me from dying from this virus. All the news reports in the world wouldn't have changed that decision. But in one breath you guys get upset because you insult us we insult you and everyone is posting stuff they supposedly don't trust but they put it up anyway for all of us to read and bicker about I don't understand why? If your intention is to warn people who I'm sure see the same reports as everyone else...and you don't trust the media for anything...why post it?
No, I've never said the media can't be trusted, I just don't believe some of it. I question it. I'm sorry if negative posts scare others, not my intent. Information is my intent. I've never warned anyone. I hope they research and form their own opinions. I have no problem with those who have been vaccinated or plan to be vaccinated.

If someone doesn't agree, that's ok, just don't belittle and call that person names. Not you personally, I mean anyone who does that, and many have.

And yes if an article is informative but yet negative, I will continue to post it.

Anyone not interested in what I post there is a simple solution, put me on ignore.

No, I've never said the media can't be trusted, I just don't believe some of it. I question it. I'm sorry if negative posts scare others, not my intent. Information is my intent. I've never warned anyone. I hope they research and form their own opinions. I have no problem with those who have been vaccinated or plan to be vaccinated.

If someone doesn't agree, that's ok, just don't belittle and call that person names. Not you personally, I mean anyone who does that, and many have.

And yes if an article is informative but yet negative, I will continue to post it.

Anyone not interested in what I post there is a simple solution, put me on ignore.
Well I don't want to put you on ignore but since that seems to be the only solution on this site then so be it.

You’ve done absolutely nothing wrong.
If members don’t like your posts, they can by-pass them. You shouldn’t feel the need to be defending yourself for sharing other viewpoints concerning the vaccines. Us interested parties might be in the minority but even those in the minority matter. We don’t have to all agree on everything.

WHY???? don't you trust it to protect you?
No vaccine is 100 percent effective; therefore people masking and/or staying 6 feet away just adds more protection. If protection is something you couldn't care less about, that's the way you are. But some of us do care about it and get frustrated when others don't. Not that long of a distance between those who refuse to mask/stay 6 ft. away and deliberately coughing on others as some have done. (It's surprising the human race is still here, actually.)

"Yet anyone posting any negatives about the vaccine is always accused of something, being stupid, ignorant, cowardly, non caring and trying to scare others. I just don't understand why its thought that any negative information should be omitted."

I never accused you of that. Never said it should be omitted either. I just don't understand why you guys spend all day long every day looking for a reason to not get vaccinated and/or looking for a reason to try to convince others not to when it's their choice. It feels like COVID and everything related to it has taken over the forum and I just wonder if there will ever be an end to it. That's all.
"you guys spend all day long every day looking for a reason to not get vaccinated and/or looking for a reason to try to convince others not to when it's their choice."

LOL I don't much time, I check news in the morning while having coffee.
Not my fault those articles are there.

But that's just it, I'm not trying to convince anyone of anything. Just posting articles to give information, believe them or not.

I'm not saying this following statement I use often is directed to anyone, its just something I say.

"I won't live with my head in the sand, because when you do that it leaves your ass up ready to be kicked."

‼️‼️‼️
Would be good before people post stuff...they do the intelligent thing and investigate and research thoroughly. If not...your purpose is to scare people needlessly.

‼️‼️‼️

Good advice... Before I made the original post, that's exactly what I did. I chose to look at BOTH sides of the argument. Seems like I keep hearing "trust the science". Well, get a room full of scientists and good luck trying to get them all to agree.

As I said before, my intent is to help educate people so they can chose what is best for them.
The last paragraph here ought to at the very least raise a red flag and maybe give pause to some.

Development of new vaccine technology has been plagued with problems in the past. The current RNA based SARSCoV-2 vaccines were approved in the US using an emergency order without extensive long term safety testing. In this paper the Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine was evaluated for the potential to induce prion-based disease in vaccine recipients. The RNA sequence of the vaccine as well as the spike protein target interaction were analyzed for the potential to convert intracellular RNA binding proteins TAR DNA binding protein (TDP-43) and Fused in Sarcoma (FUS) into their pathologic prion conformations. The results indicate that the vaccine RNA has specific sequences that may induce TDP-43 and FUS to fold into their pathologic prion confirmations. In the current analysis a total of sixteen UG tandem repeats (ΨGΨG) were identified and additional UG (ΨG) rich sequences were identified. Two GGΨA sequences were found. Potential G Quadruplex sequences are possibly present but a more sophisticated computer program is needed to verify these. Furthermore, the spike protein, created by the translation of the vaccine RNA, binds angiotensin converting enzyme 2 (ACE2), a zinc containing enzyme. This interaction has the potential to increase intracellular zinc.

Zinc ions have been shown to cause the transformation of TDP-43 to its pathologic prion configuration. The folding of TDP-43 and FUS into their pathologic prion confirmations is known to cause ALS, front temporal lobar degeneration, Alzheimer’s disease and other neurological degenerative diseases. The enclosed finding as well as additional potential risks leads the author to believe that regulatory approval of the RNA based vaccines for SARS-CoV-2 was premature and that the vaccine may cause much more harm than benefit.

The inherent problem in determining the extent to which a vaccine has positive and/or negative effects is one of statistical inference. Statistical inference is the process of using data analysis to infer a probability of some effect happening (e.g., there's a 60% chance a vaccine shot will prevent or cause something to happen). Statistical inference is used when it is not possible to apply direct, empirical observation (i.e., I can see it happen with my own eyes).

Studies based on statistical inferences can be built on shaky grounds caused by too few or too narrow a range of samples, improper identification and counting of events and bad modeling. It isn't all that hard to create a statistical model that tries to show just about anything you want and the average, non-mathematical person won't know the difference. Also, where there's some polarization of an issue (e.g., Is there really global warming? Is the vaccine cause dangerous? ) each side will have its studies, models and articles and often attempt to denigrate, disprove or otherwise invalidate the other's position, often claiming "junk science" . The two things that send my warning flag up the pole are, "The science is settled." and "It's junk science." Conclusions based on statistical inference are seldom settled and often junky to some degree. Finally, thinking that "scientific" studies are not influenced by money is naive.

Good advice... Before I made the original post, that's exactly what I did. I chose to look at BOTH sides of the argument. Seems like I keep hearing "trust the science". Well, get a room full of scientists and good luck trying to get them all to agree.

As I said before, my intent is to help educate people so they can chose what is best for them.
The last paragraph here ought to at the very least raise a red flag and maybe give pause to some.

Development of new vaccine technology has been plagued with problems in the past. The current RNA based SARSCoV-2 vaccines were approved in the US using an emergency order without extensive long term safety testing. In this paper the Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine was evaluated for the potential to induce prion-based disease in vaccine recipients. The RNA sequence of the vaccine as well as the spike protein target interaction were analyzed for the potential to convert intracellular RNA binding proteins TAR DNA binding protein (TDP-43) and Fused in Sarcoma (FUS) into their pathologic prion conformations. The results indicate that the vaccine RNA has specific sequences that may induce TDP-43 and FUS to fold into their pathologic prion confirmations. In the current analysis a total of sixteen UG tandem repeats (ΨGΨG) were identified and additional UG (ΨG) rich sequences were identified. Two GGΨA sequences were found. Potential G Quadruplex sequences are possibly present but a more sophisticated computer program is needed to verify these. Furthermore, the spike protein, created by the translation of the vaccine RNA, binds angiotensin converting enzyme 2 (ACE2), a zinc containing enzyme. This interaction has the potential to increase intracellular zinc.

Zinc ions have been shown to cause the transformation of TDP-43 to its pathologic prion configuration. The folding of TDP-43 and FUS into their pathologic prion confirmations is known to cause ALS, front temporal lobar degeneration, Alzheimer’s disease and other neurological degenerative diseases. The enclosed finding as well as additional potential risks leads the author to believe that regulatory approval of the RNA based vaccines for SARS-CoV-2 was premature and that the vaccine may cause much more harm than benefit.
All of that is irrelevant…you have completely ignored the most salient point of the article…this is the crux of the matter.

Antivaxxers are always around...urban myths abound...that's life:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4718347/

ALZHEIMER'S DISEASE

An "urban myth" concerning the association between influenza vaccination and Alzheimer's disease was created in 2005 after an episode of the television show "Larry King Live" in which Bill Maher was being interviewed by Larry King. Maher argued that "if you have a flu shot for more than five years in a row, there's ten times the likelihood that you'll get Alzheimer's disease" [23]. Dr. Maher was referring to Dr. Hugh Fudenberg's speech during the 1st annual International Public Conference on Vaccination, held by the National Vaccine Information Center in Arlington, Virginia in 1997 [24]. However, a study conducted by Verreault et al. in 2001 refuted Maher's claim. Indeed, by means of a prospective study – the "Canadian Study on Health and Aging", a cohort Study on dementia – Verreault et al. had shown that increased exposure to vaccines against diphtheria, tetanus, polio and flu not only was not a risk of contracting Alzheimer's, but could actually protect against the disease [25].

I can’t help but think that a lot of these negative reviews were said about the flu shot, polio vaccine, mumps, measles and so on. It’s new and can be scary, but the good, my opinion, outweighs the bad. Besides, at 83, I’d be a damn fool not to take it.
You're exactly right Pappy! Getting the vaccine at our ages when over 600,000 Americans have died from COVID-19 related complications, is just plain common sense. I have both of my Moderna vaccines, at 68 I'd rather be infected with a mild case of the coronavirus after vaccinated, than have a severe case that destroys my lungs, perhaps has me put into an induced coma and attached to a ventilator alone in a hospital for my last days on earth.

It's a no brainer, IMO, luckily most of the folks I know and have come in contact with were smart enough to get their vaccines. None of us wanted to be living through a worldwide pandemic in our golden years, but it would be foolish not to take and use all available precautions. Once again, I'm not a vaccine person or see the doctor often, but when a deadly virus is spreading across the country, I don't need to be convinced to protect myself and those I'm close to.

All of that is irrelevant…you have completely ignored the most salient point of the article…this is the crux of the matter.

Once again. Did you read the final paragraph? mRNA is a variant of RNA,(thus the small letter m).
The spike protein, created by the translation of the vaccine RNA, binds angiotensin converting enzyme 2 (ACE2), a zinc containing enzyme. The zinc ions being a POSSIBLE problem since it has already been linked to Alzheimer’s disease and other neurological degenerative diseases.

Once again. Did you read the final paragraph? mRNA is a variant of RNA,(thus the small letter m).
The spike protein, created by the translation of the vaccine RNA, binds angiotensin converting enzyme 2 (ACE2), a zinc containing enzyme. The zinc ions being a POSSIBLE problem since it has already been linked to Alzheimer’s disease and other neurological degenerative diseases.

All viruses are variants of each other...that is why vaccines are invented and why scientists have to keep one step ahead. All viruses mutate and that is why samples of past viruses are kept in vaults in labs so that they can be improved to fight future pandemics.

Back