"Best Buy" not really best buy!

Yes Jules. Maybe they needed to go back to school and learn arithmetic: 1+1=2, 10-3=7. Maybe in this age of worshiping at the temple of technology, I'm probably expecting too much.

I don't see why the schools can't continue teaching basic arithmetic, as they always have. What do electronics have to do with it? Back in the 19th century, they had primitive adding machines, yet the kids were taught to add.

They should be required to put away their phones and other gizmos during math class. That's a basic skill, as important as learning to read. (Or don't they teach that any more either?)

I don't know Don, what folks will do for a living? Where I live they seem to be driving around and shopping all day/7 days/week. The only people working are new Canadians. At my credit union over 1/2 of the employees are Chinese. I had a guy come in from Geek Squat today (Best Buy) and he was East Indian. When I phone my internet or phone company it is almost always a Chinese voice. I think that Canada will be a totally alien country soon if it isn't already. I wouldn't say that the whites are doomed because saying this isn't allowed so I'm not say it!
Most companies outsource, when I have an issue maybe cable? I always ask the person that answers where they are located. Some accents I have trouble following, one can always ask for a canadian agent and they will reroute. India, Phillipines, US, Halifax, Calgary these are some locations for my internet provider.

Back