Bill's Cosy Corner

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the lyrics of that era were very romantic meaningful and heartwarming and today's song lyrics can be so different. I can relate to all the songs from back then.

Gogi Grant
I always liked Gogi, and sadly for her, just as she was starting to make her mark with her very lovely voice, the Rock and Roll craze started, which limited her popularity. She did go on to record many super songs which do get an airing on here. The Wayward Wind (nice choice George) was her only No.1 hit.

Here is another of her fine songs:

Awesome video scenery and excellent narration, Bill. I have been to those parts on holidays and the Highlands are unforgettable. I watched a tv prog on C5 the other night a nearly 2 hour prog about Britain's Most Scenic Railway Journeyd and the journey from Fort William to Mallaig by steam train. We did that trip so your video brought back great memories. ☺
I love Scotland too....and I've been on that choo-choo myself, Cracker...:giggle:

Last edited:
I think it was The Royal Scot we went on back in about 2012. Awesome trip and the town of Mallaig a welcoming place. We went with Lochs &Glens Coach Holidays and this was one of their trips.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back