Mr. Ed

Life does not deserve my gratitude.
My first car was a used 1967 Dodge Charger
My first new car was a 1972 Gremlin
First motorcycle was 1973 Honda Super-Sport
I had a Triumph TR-4
A 3-Wheeled Chopper powered by VW engine
Caprice Classic 454 engine
Chevy Nova my friends said it looked like a NARC car. Didn't keep it very long because of that.
I had these toys over a 10 year period, previous driving skills speak for themselves.

Between my wife and I we have owned 41 cars, 17 were soft top roadsters or convertibles.
The first convertible was a 1938 Ford with a rumble seat. The first roadster was a 51 MG TD.
I'd love to have that MG.

My older brother had 2 Austin Healey 3000s (I believe a MK2 and a MK3.)
I have a '69 Bugeye Sprite with factory hardtop.

Those were cars with personalities.

I had several cars, over the years. My first was a 56 Ford Fairlane that I hopped up enough to be respectable at the drag strip. Then, when I went to Germany, in the USAF, I bought a big 1955 Buick Century, and drove it all over Europe...scaring the Hell out of VW and BMW Isetta drivers. I even ferried it across the channel once, and got some strange looks from the Brits as I tried to remember to drive on the wrong side of the road.

My most prized vehicle was a 1990 Camaro Z28....wish I had kept that one, as they were limited production and worth far more today, than when new.

Over the past couple of decades, I have come to look at cars as just being transportation....Chevy Impala and Dodge Dakota doing just fine, and I
have lost interest in spending 10's of thousands for new vehicles. Now, my favorite "toys" are my Kubota tractor and my mowers.

My first car was a 73 Mach 1, Mustang. My friends and I were/are gear heads, so we rebuilt/hopped up the engine. It would chirp the tires if I punched the gas while we were doing 60 on the highway. I got in so much trouble with that car. It almost killed me twice. My arch rival was my buddy's 69 Camaro SS, I just couldn't get around that thing.

Been a gearhead since I was a kid, starting with lawnmower engines. Pulled my first car engine at 17 with my '61 Corvair, shown below, with many more engine pulls to follow.

61-Corvair.jpg

Had 5 motorcycles over my lifetime, sold the last one -- this Harley -- in 2015:

bike-1.jpg

I had a '72 Corvette back around 1990:

FJZyVo1.jpg

iqEt65k.jpg

My current summer toy is a 2007 Corvette:

98RtpLK.jpg

v3lokuS.jpg

Vette-wash-002.jpg

Man alive the stuff I've messed with over the years....
The 30-40s coupes cut up and molested making dirt track cars.
60s muscle cars trashed..... Used a 69 Charger in a Demolition Derby .... Bought it for $50 and got it running.... I"d give a grand easy for the same car today....
Harley's..... Got 4 here now... Ironhead Sportster fan ..66, 69. and a 76... Got a 2011 Road King for cruising

Man alive the stuff I've messed with over the years....
The 30-40s coupes cut up and molested making dirt track cars.
60s muscle cars trashed..... Used a 69 Charger in a Demolition Derby .... Bought it for $50 and got it running.... I"d give a grand easy for the same car today....
Harley's..... Got 4 here now... Ironhead Sportster fan ..66, 69. and a 76... Got a 2011 Road King for cruising

I bought a 1970 Roadrunner, not even a year old from a work buddy, had a 440 3x2. What a beast! Sold it before I got married in '72 for $1800. Wish I still had that one.

I also had a '79 Sportster, sold it when I bought the new '88 Softail in my previous post.

Too old for all that stuff now, rode motorcycles for 45 years. I like my climate-controlled Vette and NO WIND in my face. ;)

Are the ladies allowed to post on here? Have a jeep now but all my life I've had pick up trucks. Liked toyotas. Just a little rebel in me, I guess. If I were a man, I would be SO INTO VEHICLES!!! if I were wealthy, I'd collect classic cars! I can't stay away from car shows!

Are the ladies allowed to post on here? Have a jeep now but all my life I've had pick up trucks. Liked toyotas. Just a little rebel in me, I guess. If I were a man, I would be SO INTO VEHICLES!!! if I were wealthy, I'd collect classic cars! I can't stay away from car shows!

Pretty sure it's ok for ladies to post here! ;) How are you anyway?

My daily vehicle since the late '70s has been a pickup. I currently have a '17 Toyota Tacoma, had an '11 before that. Also a 1991 when they were just called "Toyotas." Also had Chevys, Fords, Datsun/Nissan.

Here's what a deer did to my current Tacoma in April 2018:

Deer-truck-001.jpg

Pretty sure it's ok for ladies to post here! ;) How are you anyway?

My daily vehicle since the late '70s has been a pickup. I currently have a '17 Toyota Tacoma, had an '11 before that. Also a 1991 when they were just called "Toyotas." Also had Chevys, Fords, Datsun/Nissan.

Here's what a deer did to my current Tacoma in April 2018:

Deer-truck-001.jpg
Oh No!!!! Oh No!!!! Oh! That's horrible!!!!

Back