Brother died no family

Please tell me more about your mother.s senior apartment complex. Is it in a good neighborhood? I live in pa. Thanks.
My mother lives in Washington state, in Seattle. If you want to live in a state that takes care of its seniors, Washington is the place to be.

Last edited:
@Tara
You can go to
HUD.gov
And ask for your State, Pennsylvania.
and you will see they do have adjusted low rents for senior apartments, in many locations in your State.

They also have programs for home owners to help with home repairs.

You could look at either option, on that site,

OR even better for you, would be for you to contact any local agency near you, (a town or city office, or a senior services center)

and ask them for a list of the HUD-assisted Senior apartments closest to you, preferably in your area,
that you could find out exactly where those specific ones are,
their neighborhoods, and about their wait lists.

That same local town office or agency,
you can also ask for info regarding any/all possible help programs for your home, if you were to try to stay in your house.

You might also try
pa.gov
and look for Senior info, there, to look for both types of options, including low income apartments , and/or, home repair help programs.

@Tara

I see that the site for your State
pa.gov
does have a Department for Senior Services,
and if you put in your County,
it will give you the local Area Agency on Aging, office,
that would give you ALL of the info about both options I explained in above post.

@Tara, excellent links from @Kaila.
Thank you. Do you think that my church pastor would know of any church ladies I could share a house with in my town? And what do you think about homeshare programs? It has been 3. Months since my brother died and it makes me feel sick to lose my house and my cats. I will not be able to pay the bills living here.

Thank you. Do you think that my church pastor would know of any church ladies I could share a house with in my town? And what do you think about homeshare programs? It has been 3. Months since my brother died and it makes me feel sick to lose my house and my cats. I will not be able to pay the bills living here.
Won't hurt to ask...

Back