Cafe Entre Amis

Oops...I meant for that to say Friday night not Thursday. It was around 11 pm Friday. Didn't get home til after 1 a.m. Did get some sleep. Woke early with a coughing spell and did a treatment and took my steroid and headed to the pharmacy for my meds. Got the antibiotic started and my Atavan.

I need to order groceries but I think I'm gonna wait til tomorrow. I don't think I have the stamina to put them away today. I am the reigning queen of phlegm right now.
i-did-it-cassius-clay.gif

Ok so more sleep and feeling a little better again. Had a helluva coughing fit earlier. Thought I might pass out. LOL! But I survived. Took something for my fever and threw the cpap back on and slept another two hrs.

I got my charms for my Crocs today so these are pics of them bedazzled with Hello Kitty and some of the Lisa Frank charms that came with the shoes.
IMG_20231209_183342.jpg
IMG_20231209_183059.jpg

if i feel better when i wake up tomorrow i'm gonna order groceries. otherwise i'll figure out something else. we have these convenience store type areas in the hospital where you can walk up to coolers and food racks and buy food, snax and drinks with a self pay scanner. it's useful when the cafeteria is closed. sometimes it allows me to have enough food on hand til grocery day. lol!

doing a breathing treatment after another of many hack fests. each time i wake from sleeping i at least feel a little better. i do think i'm gonna skip the groceries until next time & just continue with my rest regimen.

morning. today is a little better but i don't think i'm going back to work monday. i think i'm gonna wait til tuesday. i'm still feeling pretty poorly and still fevering off and on so i'm gonna hafta wait. they want us to be fever free for 24 hrs before we come back. i can use the extra time to rest anyway. i wanna go back to work but i can't so i'll just hafta be patient.

That is good, you need to eat to have fuel for your body to get better. Don't fool yourself, don't go to work tomorrow. You need to eat well and rest so you don't go back rundown at all.

That is good, you need to eat to have fuel for your body to get better. Don't fool yourself, don't go to work tomorrow. You need to eat well and rest so you don't go back rundown at all.
yeah i already called in so no work for me tomorrow. maybe tuesday.

~♥~

did a little reading earlier. just got done watching a church service online. got the presents wrapped for the little girls we're helping for christmas. will take them into work with me tuesday. we are having a white elephant christmas party in our dept. i gotta look for something to bring. i won't have the money to bring food but several of them are bringing extra so they told me to just come and they'd make sure i had food in my belly.

not every day in this dept. is perfect but it is far better than being in that kitchen ever was! i am so thankful i got outta there.

Fever has broken and now I wait to see if it stays gone today. I feel more human and my breathing has improved. My ribs hurt pretty bad from all the coughing. I have done nothing but sleep for 3 days. Gonna take a shower after a bit. At least I don't feel like I'm dying today. So that's something. 😁

Gonna wander around the house and see what I can find for a white elephant gift for the work Christmas party. I'm sure I can find something. I got a router I bought a long time ago that's just been sitting. Never opened. Never used. Might just do that. LOL! If I ain't used it in 5 yrs I don't think I need it. I don't even know if it would run on my Cox cable stuff anyway.

I'm plotting what to eat cuz I'm once again starving. This recovering stuff makes for hungry work.

had some more ramen noodles and egg rolls with sweet and sour. i keep this up i'll be returning to work tomorrow with slanty eyes. :ROFLMAO:

did some reading while i was eating as well. i am reading a book called malice by heather walter. pretty good so far. i have two more started plus one at work. lol!

gonna play some more games after another church service after i finish eating.

had a shower and feel a little more normal.

Gonna try going back to work today. Have a follow up appt. with my primary Thurs. and will have him check my lungs then. Fever is gone still. Still coughing some stuff up but not as bad. My breathing seems a little better. We'll see. Gotta take the presents in for the little girls today. I sure hope they like them.

I slept pretty good last night. Went to bed early. Hopefully I'll manage the day ok.

In another thread on here they're talking about pre-Christmas blues. After losing my baby and my mother in the month of Dec. I have absolutely no desire to participate in anything holiday related. No music, no movies, I want nothing to do with it. I won't even listen to the radio in the car. It's just too painful of a time.

I'm not able to watch others enjoy it when I'm emotionally miserable. This year I will probably join the housekeeping dept. in their little Christmas gathering. I have something for a white elephant gift and I think this year I could use a little company.

I plan to offer to work if they need me on Christmas day. Otherwise, I will probably go up for the dinner they have for all the employees. I don't eat in the cafeteria because of the Christmas music. I go and take it to a break room in my area.

I basically spend a month just trying to avoid holiday spirit and lay low til New Years. It's easier on me that way. I do hope if others are sad this holiday season they will find the peace they need to get through.

I survived the day. I still feel like hell. One more to go then the dr visit. I'm hoping if I'm still having issues he'll let me have some more meds so I can get better. Long as I'm sick my bp is gonna run high on top of everything else. I hate being sick.

I don't know why but the Cox cable guy is out here at the internet box outside the house.

@MarciKS KS I hope you can shake this thing! COPD is bad enough without being sick. 🌹
I got bronchitis and despite what doc says, I'm positive a bacterial infection with it. I'm home now til Tuesday. More antibiotic, steroid and anxiety meds. Thank God I don't have to go to work. Doc is worried about me becoming dependent on the steroid. I'm worried about breathing. LOL! I've been on steroids before for longer than 2 wks. Never become dependent yet. I went 9 months without being sick this year. Other than a couple COPD exacerbations. Done pretty good. Hopefully this is it for a while.

Back