Calendar offer in the mail

Camper6

I received this calendar in the mail today unsolicited.
It's a painting each month on paper that resembles canvas.
The cover one appealed to me.
They are supposed to be painted by disabled people using foot and mouth techniques.
I'm going to frame the one on the cover. There are paintings for each month of the year.
They are asking $15.95.
painting.jpg

They know you have no way of knowing who painted it & (much like the "Wounded Warrior Project" scam), they hope that warm & fuzzy feeling interferes with your thought process.

They know you have no way of knowing who painted it & (much like the "Wounded Warrior Project" scam), they hope that warm & fuzzy feeling interferes with your thought process.
I'm fairly certain they had a photo and short bio about the artist/s on the back of each card or on the back of the calendar.

I have a soft spot for artists of all kinds. They make the world a bit brighter.
It's not a registered charity but I don't really care about that. They have their own art gallery in Toronto. It's a business.
I like the calendar and I'm going to buy it. That's the way it is with art.
With their literature they say that you are under no obligation to purchase it.
If I didn't like the art I wouldn't buy it.

Although I never bought one I'm wondering if anyone still has one of those velvet paintings.
Remember those?

I have a soft spot for artists of all kinds. They make the world a bit brighter.
It's not a registered charity but I don't really care about that. They have their own art gallery in Toronto. It's a business.

Although I never bought one I'm wondering if anyone still has one of those velvet paintings.
Remember those?
Agreed. In fact, I was just about to post that if you like the calendar & you consider it worth the price, there's nothing wrong with paying for it, even though you don't have to.

Remember those?
I totally remember velvet paintings.

Haven't seen one since I was a kid.

They are supposed to be painted by disabled people using foot and mouth techniques.
I'm going to frame the one on the cover. There are paintings for each month of the year.
They are asking $15.95.
View attachment 128692
I added a :love:, even though I find it in poor taste sending out calendars to unsuspecting people like they did.

There's a lot of hurting people right now, and many I know don't have extra money to spend on frivolous things, yet most that I know have such big hearts, I could see them purchase it, too, but that's no way for any charity to present themselves.

I added a :love:, even though I find it in poor taste sending out calendars to unsuspecting people like they did.

There's a lot of hurting people right now, and many I know don't have extra money to spend on frivolous things, yet most that I know have such big hearts, I could see them purchase it, too, but that's no way for any charity to present themselves.
It's all online to pay. So you have to have a computer . My point. You can't be poor.

My son bought a painting on velvet 20 years ago for his dorm room. I like it, it's a very understated theme of a lone native American with a sad face riding his white horse amongst ghostly ruins. I hung it up as well as his silk Godzilla poster which hangs above his old, tall Godzilla toy which I posed in the same way as the Godzilla in the poster. Like @jerry old I agree Godzilla can't be that scary since he loves Tokyo so much. The End.

They are asking $15.95.
View attachment 128692
The painting is very nice.

It’s a very nice painting. Is there one on the inside without writing.

The $15.95 may be minor compared to the cost of a frame, if the picture is an unusual size. There’s no reason you can’t have it just hanging as a calendar. I

It's all online to pay. So you have to have a computer . My point. You can't be poor.
I respectfully disagree with you.

Just because someone owns a computer, doesn't automatically mean people have monies to throwaway on needless things, just because they own a computer.

Just because someone owns a car, doesn't automatically mean they can afford a home of their own, and just because someone owns a home, doesn't automatically mean they can afford to drive and own a car of their own, and just because someone can afford to take a taxi-cab, doesn't automatically mean they can afford 3-square meals a day.

I grew up in a home where my parents didn't have a $2 bill to their name the following day after payday, yet we still had a TV, a telephone, electricity, and natural gas flowing into our home so we could stay warm, however, had my parents been hit with an unexpected $16 charge or bill, A, an arrangement would have had to have been made in order for my parents to make pay that $16 charge/bill, or rather than not have food in the house 3-4 days prior to payday, we instead would have had to go without food in the house for 6-7 days.

That was my upbringing when I was young and growing, so I know all about having money, and not having money.

They are asking $15.95.
View attachment 128692

I wouldn't feel comfortable giving them money for something I didn't order. My husband either keeps those kinds of things or gets rid of them.

I wouldn't feel comfortable giving them money for something I didn't order. My husband either keeps those kinds of things or gets rid of them.
I wouldn't feel comfortable using it without paying for it especially if I liked it and was going to frame it.
It's an offer. With any contract there is an offer and an acceptance.

It’s a very nice painting. Is there one on the inside without writing.

The $15.95 may be minor compared to the cost of a frame, if the picture is an unusual size. There’s no reason you can’t have it just hanging as a calendar. I
The cost of the frame is minimal if you frame it yourself.
I'm going to trim off the writing. And then frame it.
There is only one inside that appeals to me. But they are smaller. It's a desk calendar with each month with a picture .

Back