Can You Freeze Philadelphia Cream Cheese?

Lee

Bought a 3 pack and it's getting close to the expiration date. No bake time.

Anyone tried freezing it?

It can be frozen but it separates, so it's not really very nice when it's thawed, but it won't harm you....

That sounds like it would be fine that way, if put quickly into a to-be-baked recipe, later on sometime, when partially thawed, but I haven't ever frozen any, myself.

Thanks everyone, I only use the brick stuff for baking and have a tendency to buy too much at Costco. I like the stuff in the tubs for everyday like using it for wraps or crackers. The herb and garlic or onion one is great added to mashed potatoes or to noodles for a stroganoff.

geez never realized there were videos on freezing it Marci. Must go to u-tube more often.

The cream cheese is probably gone but I just thought of this easy recipe that I found years ago in a church cookbook.

Cheesecake Squares
Crust and topping

1/3 cup butter
1/3 cup brown sugar
1 cup AP flour
½ cup chopped walnuts or pecans
Filling
8-ounce cream cheese
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 egg
2 T milk
1 T lemon juice*
½ t vanilla
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine butter, brown sugar and flour using a pastry blender until it makes a crumbly mixture, add walnuts. Reserve one cup of the mixture for the topping. Press the remaining mixture into the bottom of an 8 X 8 pan. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes. While the crust is baking beat together the filling ingredients until smooth and creamy. When the crust comes out of the oven spread the filling mixture over the crust and top with reserved crumbs. Return to the oven and bake for 25 minutes. Cool to room temperature and then place in the refrigerator uncovered and chill. Remove from refrigerator and cut into serving-size pieces, cover and return to the refrigerator.
*If you don't have lemon juice increase the vanilla to one teaspoon.

Last edited:
Aunt Bea that sounds good and easy too. Next week when I have a little more time I will try that with the cheese I froze and add a layer of blueberries to it as I have those frozen on hand also.

Back