Can't copy pictures

Sunny

SF VIP
"Something went wrong. Please try again or contact the administrator."

Trying to copy link location and paste, in the Games topic, using the usual method. But somehow, it won't let me. Is this because of some kind of copyright protection on some of the pictures, or am I doing something wrong? Usually I am able to copy this way.

Another strange problem is that in General Discussions, somebody started a thread about posting the latest photo we have on our cell phones. I tried with my last two pictures, shots of a gorgeous full moon, and the pictures only seem to show up on my screen. No one else is able to see them. Format problem, or what?

Sunny I haven't had problems uploading images here from the internet or my home computer, yesterday I did one from my smartphone with no problems. The new format is a bit different from the old one, as Holly said.

To copy images from the web:

I use the method of right clicking, clicking on image location, then copy. Using the Insert Image icon above the post, then clicking on the chain link image and pasting it there, then click Insert.

From my Motorola smartphone, this is what I did.

Wrote the message, then tapped Attach Files, I tapped the photo and then it said 1 Selected. I tapped Open, then it just started loading the photo (saw percentage), I chose Full Image over Thumbnail, when it was done I hit Preview to see the post, then posted the reply.

Good luck Sunny, hope this helps!

I followed your suggestions for how to do it, Holly. On the picture, right click, click on Copy link location. Then, in the Reply box, click on the Insert Image icon, then the by Url icon, then right click in the box down below and paste the "link location" which had been copied, then click on Insert.

It works for about 75% of the pictures I try to copy. Apparently doesn't work at all for pictures on my phone, and not for all the web pictures either.

(Oops, I think I may see the problem. I sometimes clicked on "copy link location" instead of "copy image location." May be fixed now, at least for the urls. Will try again for the pictures on my phone.)

Last edited:
I followed your suggestions for how to do it, Holly. On the picture, right click, click on Copy link location. Then, in the Reply box, click on the Insert Image icon, then the by Url icon, then right click in the box down below and paste the "link location" which had been copied, then click on Insert.

It works for about 75% of the pictures I try to copy. Apparently doesn't work at all for pictures on my phone, and not for all the web pictures either.

(Oops, I think I may see the problem. I sometimes clicked on "copy link location" instead of "copy image location." May be fixed now, at least for the urls. Will try again for the pictures on my phone.)
yep that would make them not appear... so hopefully you've located the problem now... (y)

To copy images from the web:

I use the method of right clicking, clicking on image location, using the Insert Image icon above the post, then clicking on the chain link image and pasting it there, then click Insert.

From my Motorola smartphone, this is what I did.

Wrote the message, then tapped Attach Files, I tapped the photo and then it said 1 Selected. I tapped Open, then it just started loading the photo (saw percentage), I chose Full Image over Thumbnail, when it was done I hit Preview to see the post, then posted the reply.

[/QUOTE]

Bumping this, as it may be helpful for some. :)

Back