Cant open a wine bottle, any ladies out there prepared to assist inadequate man?

grahamg

Old codger
I think I mentioned purchasing a bottle of Italian Pinot Grigio at the supermarket yesterday on another thread :unsure: (?).

I tried briefly to remove the plastic or whatever it is on the metal screw top last night, but gave up, and then again this morning I've done all I can "without a monkey wrench" to get this bottle top off, so I'm now thinking of donating it to a mate, "as a sign of goodwill", (really to see if he gets it off without difficulty or reports the same trouble?).

I guess there are ladies on this forum who know exactly what to do, (they always do dont they!), so in case I'm not just a weakling, wuss, and there is an issue with some batches of screw top wine bottles, or a tool like a nutcracker you could use to assist you, "before you hit it with hammer" to smash the top off? :rolleyes:.

c72f8f86a1fe7d4e0d0b3a22a71bcb30cf005511.gifv

Did you take a knife and cut around the plastic first? Look and you will see where the join is and cut there.
Yes I did l that,....., do I look stupid or summat :oops:o_Oo_O!

Here for those uninitiated in the art of new wine bottle opening techniques is what you all need to purchase, (see scissors on right with half moon shaped indentation at the other end where she's/he's got her/his fingers (i.e. not from the pointy end, okay, have I made myself clear class?):

Wine bottle opener.3.jpg

Back