Cataract op tomorrow

I'm booked in for a bit of laser work on my left eye tomorrow. This is not uncommon after an occular implant because sometimes a film-like adhesion grows across the new lens. It will be laser removed in the surgery. I hear it's no big deal.
Wishing you all the very best Warrigal, I'm sure you'll be fine đź‘Ť

I'm booked in for a bit of laser work on my left eye tomorrow. This is not uncommon after an occular implant because sometimes a film-like adhesion grows across the new lens. It will be laser removed in the surgery. I hear it's no big deal.
I have to have the same thing done, but my node on my right lung comes first as it is probably malignant. But I had a friend who had hers lasered and it only took a couple of minutes and worked just fine.

wishing you well for tomorrow warrigal.... (y)

Best of luck warrigal💕. I go next month for my first cataract procedure and can’t tell you how much I am looking forward to it. I’m at the point now where I really shouldn’t be driving (and I don’t except for little close hops). Just so anxious to see again! I even bought 3 books in anticipation 🥰
Will say a prayer for you💕🙏

Let us know how that goes for you, @Warrigal
I've heard of it being very common, but have not known anyone specific who had it done.

You only need it on that one eye at this time?
Or would they do them at separate times, anyway, if you needed it on two?

And does it need to be redone periodically in the future, possibly, or is this a one time correction that remains clear after it's done once on the specific eye?

I had to have that done to mine too. It worked out great. I asked him about it as he did it, as to how that actually works. He was quite informative.

I'm scheduled to have my left eye done on Monday. I'm waiting for them to call about timing.
I had my right eye done last year and what a diff!

While driving in the night time, the lights looked so pretty and decorative, like Christmas bulbs.

Let us know how that goes for you, @Warrigal
I've heard of it being very common, but have not known anyone specific who had it done.

You only need it on that one eye at this time?
Or would they do them at separate times, anyway, if you needed it on two?

And does it need to be redone periodically in the future, possibly, or is this a one time correction that remains clear after it's done once on the specific eye?
I've been having some problems getting the eyes tested at the optometrists. The readings were inconsistent and it was suggested that I had dry eyes and drops were recommended. Then one morning looking at myself in the bathroom mirror I tried covering each eye separately. The right eye is brilliantly clear but the left eye seems as if I am looking through gauze. That's when I twigged that I might need some laser work. I rang the surgeon's office and was told to come in and it will be done immediately.

It would seem that the film is hard to see because the optometrist didn't pick it up and neither did the GP when I saw him for a new referral. He was looking hard for it.

I will give a report on the experience for others who may face the same problem

Wishing you a speedy recovery .. I think this is in my future, so, thank you for posting about it.

Me to Pinky, I thank you too Grannyjo and would love to hear how it went and the after affect. As far as I know, here you are not sedated but awake while the procedure is carried out.

It is done now. It was amazingly simple from the patient's perspective.

Three drops in both eyes so that the doctor could take a good look. He determined that the old capsule in the left eye had thickened a bit. Then it was over to a different apparatus. All I had to do was try to sit still and stare as a fixed point. I saw a field of red light, heard about 4 clicks and the offending tissue was gone and will not come back.

My eyes are still dilated but already the vision in the treated eye is very clear. I will be able to appraise the full improvement after the iris is back to normal.

The cost was around A$800 of which $300 will be returned as a rebate from our universal health scheme. Private insurance didn't cover it because it wasn't done in a hospital. For the occular implants private health covered everything except the taxi to and from the clinic.

Thank you @Warrigal
My sister's MIL had both eyes done. The first one had to be re-done. She's in her late 80's.
My sister had one eye done, and can now read without her glasses .. which she has worn for most of her life.

After the Yag procedure for cleanup, I was told that it never has to be done again.

For me, I wish it did since I have issues that I wish could be fixed with this minor procedure.

I think each case is different. Each person's eyes are different. Generally with everything one size does not fit all. The information we receive about something like this seem to vary depending on the understanding of the physician.

It is done now. It was amazingly simple from the patient's perspective.

Three drops in both eyes so that the doctor could take a good look. He determined that the old capsule in the left eye had thickened a bit. Then it was over to a different apparatus. All I had to do was try to sit still and stare as a fixed point. I saw a field of red light, heard about 4 clicks and the offending tissue was gone and will not come back.

My eyes are still dilated but already the vision in the treated eye is very clear. I will be able to appraise the full improvement after the iris is back to normal.

The cost was around A$800 of which $300 will be returned as a rebate from our universal health scheme. Private insurance didn't cover it because it wasn't done in a hospital. For the occular implants private health covered everything except the taxi to and from the clinic.
🥰🎉 so happy it is over with...went perfectly...
AND YOU CAN SEE CLEARLY AGAIN 🥰🎉🥰

Back