Changing sedentary lifestyle

I will be looking into seeing my doctor, she told me she wouldn't give me anything addictive? But in the past this same medication I was off it for about a week because the doctor was unavailable. During that time I did not feel any withdrawals. My medication is at a minimum dosage. But I believe your correct in that using them in long term eventually renders them useless, so I will look into trying something else. In the past when I told her a certain medication wasn't working, she would up the dosage, still nothing. Then she'd change the type of medication.

Excellent, so that's a start going to see the doctor, and getting this thing fixed... is it too rude to ask?.. roughly what age bracket you're in? ou don't have to answer that?

Yay 60's,. I got some good news today, a possibility for a job. I've been asked to go for a physical Wednesday. I've been feeling down about job hunting, having been turned down because of my age, I've been told I couldn't do the jobs to my face. Maybe this could turn around my depression? I want to get off my medication.

Yay 60's,. I got some good news today, a possibility for a job. I've been asked to go for a physical Wednesday. I've been feeling down about job hunting, having been turned down because of my age, I've been told I couldn't do the jobs to my face. Maybe this could turn around my depression? I want to get off my medication.

Oh that's fantastic news, let's hope you pass the medical, getting a job would do wonders for your self esteem aside from anything else..

Eat right. Drink water (or weak ice tea). Get fresh air. Lose weight (if needed). Walk (shoulders back, chin up). Stretch everything. Get 10 minutes of unprotected sunshine or Vitamin D3. Eat salmon or take Omega3. No sugar. No processed foods. Breathe in through your nose. Hold it. Breathe out through your mouth. Keep a gratitude journal. Stay focused. Be consistent.

Now these tips sound super silly but researchers show it works: Smile (big) even when you don't feel like it because it creates endorphins that get rid of depression (it's something about the muscles). Sing an easy simple happy tune loud from your gut, something you know like this
...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bWyhj7siEY. Sing anything that lifts you up.

Thank you for all the tips, I've heard of these before, it's hard to implement them because of my anxiety. I've been just home mostly in bed for over 2 years, I really HATE feeling this way. I keep feeling like something badd is going to happen? I'm always looking over my shoulder? Iam making an effort to change, I'm going swimming tomorrow, hopefully? Sometimes I talk myself out of things. When ever I have things to do outside the house I get anxious. It's Baby Steps... Right?

Thank you for all the tips, I've heard of these before, it's hard to implement them because of my anxiety. I've been just home mostly in bed for over 2 years, I really HATE feeling this way. I keep feeling like something badd is going to happen? I'm always looking over my shoulder? Iam making an effort to change, I'm going swimming tomorrow, hopefully? Sometimes I talk myself out of things. When ever I have things to do outside the house I get anxious. It's Baby Steps... Right?
Oh yes it's Baby steps, of course it is, you'll feel overwhelmed if you try to do too much after such a length of inactivity..so one little thing at a time.

Swimming will be great, I hope you can get there..

Boy can I relate! My parents were divorced when I was 12, and many times mom would comment how lucky my father was that he didn't "get stuck with me." I suffered from low self esteem most of most of my life, and from depression most of my adult life. Meds help with the depression, but I will tell you what has helped me see my life in a more positive light - church. No, I'm not going to preach to you, only suggest, that if you don't belong to a church, or other religious organization, that you try going. Feeling like I'l part of a community, with a common interest, Jesus, has helped me a lot! When I'm feeling down, I force myself to stop and count my blessings, no matter how small they may seem - I have a place to live, I can pay my bills, I have a decent job, a son that loves me, etc. It helps. As for exercise, well, I know first hand that it's hard to start, but you Have to start. Do you have a dog, take it for a walk. If not, invest in an MP3 player and listen to music, or books while you walk, or grab a friend. Once you start, and get yourself into a routine, it gets easier. I pray that you find the support your are seeking, and that life gets a little brighter for you.
That self-esteem movement in California was a subject I've always wanted to understand and appreciate better. But it was buried under a mountain of nonsense and political angst.

i totally understand. ..and i suggest you do small things for yourself to feel more relevant...even things like foot soaks...food items..etc....
also a natural nerve tonic..hyland brand sold at walmart for $4/bottle....some minerals and herbs could help with sleep process....then...the hardest part is to accept ...accept the things you cannot change...I've been there...done that...your mind is the most powerful tool you have...focus not on anything that corrodes your well being

I can understand how hard it can be.

I was in pretty bad shape a year ago...sky high anxiety and depression, didn’t feel like doing anything and the less I did the more depressed I got.

Finally I joined Curves gym and that has been my life saver!

My anxiety is health triggered and when it’s at it worst I can’t even eat. I still get anxious about anything health related but that’s the way I am...a little OCD also.

If you are old enough and have silver sneakers, I suggest joining Curves....it’s more than just exercise...it’s a group of wonderful ladies who support each other...at least that’s the way mine is.

Tomorrow about 30 of us are going to Mimi’s Cafe for our once a month luncheon...I always have a good time.

So, just do one thing and it will usually lead to another....good luck!

Back