Chemical stress test results

Pappy

Living the Dream
A while back, I went to the ER because my cold had settled in my chest, and anyone with COPD knows the two do not mix well. Anyway, a young doctor walked in, as I was getting ready to leave, and told me...sir, you have congested heart failure, and walked out. Of course this scared the bejesus out of me so I followed up with more test and yesterday's chemical test showed I have a strong ❤️. I do have a-fib that does need monitoring which I was already aware of. Now, in just one hour I take this heart monitor off and return to doctors office. Thank God, because it was like sleeping with an octopus last night. :sentimental:

Are they going to do an echocardiogram of your heart, too, Pappy ? That usually shows what the EF (ejection fraction) of the heart is, and helps them to determine the stage of heart failure you are in.
Before they did the first heart procedure in 2014, my heart was functioning at 23%EF, and after it healed from the procedure to stop the a-fib, then the heart went up to about 48% EF, which is basically back out of heart failure, but just barely.
Last fall, me heart went back into a-fib, and they just did another ablation the end of July. I am still in recovery from that, and even with the amioderone, I am still having episodes of a-fib, or sometimes rapid heartbeat (145) without a-fib.
Next week I go back in for another appointment, so they will let me know how things are coming along after that. They said that if this doesn't work, the next step would probably be a pacemaker.

Yes HFL, they did the echocardiogram also. I think the reason the young doctor said that I had CHF was because my feet and ankles were swollen. Daily use of Lasix took care of the swelling. His bed side manner could use a little improvement.

Back