Chinese Navy Off Alaskan Coast

Well, I suppose the Chinese Navy needs some training and experience on the seas. Alaska is not far away from China's nearest locations.

The same possibilities exist when we steam off their coast ...

Except the US Navy has much more experience in cat & mouse games. The US and USSR understood MAD or mutually assured destruction. This is new territory literally and figuratively for the Chinese Navy. I'm not quite sure China takes MAD into consideration as much as the US or old USSR would.

Except the US Navy has much more experience in cat & mouse games. The US and USSR understood MAD or mutually assured destruction. This is new territory literally and figuratively for the Chinese Navy. I'm not quite sure China takes MAD into consideration as much as the US or old USSR would.

True, but that still doesn't entitle us to close off the game, as we and our superpower friends have done in the past.

You don't gain true experience until you actually DO a thing, right?

Well if China or Iran or Russia decide to attack the USA they better hurry up and do it while we have the current president who will not fight back.

Well if China or Iran or Russia decide to attack the USA they better hurry up and do it while we have the current president who will not fight back.

What in the world makes you think Obama wouldn't fight back if the USA was attacked? Are you being serious....? I mean do you SERIOUSLY believe that? Or are you just being nasty.....?? I suspect the later..

However.... If GW and Cheney were still in power... We'd be at war with China by now.. IS that what you would like to see?

It does not make sense that any country would not act to protect itself from a direct threat. It also does not make sense that any of the three countries mentioned would pose an imminent threat to America. It would be a recipe for disaster. They are not stupid.

It does not make sense that any country would not act to protect itself from a direct threat. It also does not make sense that any of the three countries mentioned would pose an imminent threat to America. It would be a recipe for disaster. They are not stupid.

I know that.... You know that... But Obama haters LOOOOOOVEEEE to say crap like that.. Gives 'em a little shiver..

What in the world makes you think Obama wouldn't fight back if the USA was attacked? Are you being serious....? I mean do you SERIOUSLY believe that? Or are you just being nasty.....?? I suspect the later..

However.... If GW and Cheney were still in power... We'd be at war with China by now.. IS that what you would like to see?

Only if China did the first act. Go back through our history and find anything the US did, not matter which President, and find an incidence of great war acts started by the US without other nations involved as partners and often UN approval. One or two for sure with European approval. NATO possibly.

Or maybe they should hurry up and do it while our troops are spread out in the Middle East thanks to the past administration, that makes more sense to me.

Or maybe they should hurry up and do it while our troops are spread out in the Middle East thanks to the past administration, that makes more sense to me.

Most of our troops have returned from the middle east. We have lots in Europe and England and scattered in the Pacific areas. Plenty in S Korea to be ready to defend against N Korea. Many have returned to the US for return to reserve or national guard or for discharge. We really have been weakened by the current government.

Too bad we were not allowed to stay in Iraq after the war ended and they implemented their new Constitution and life style. Why were the freedom countries told to leave at that point. We should have stayed and helped them to implement their new ideas. Similar to the way the allies stayed in Europe and Japan for so many years, still there in fact. It does not appear we learned anything from the after WWII years. We should have.

Back