Clean comedians

you know...there aren't any funny women anymore. all they do is get on the stage and complain.

i like ellen degeneres and anita renfroe (christian)

For decades it seems there were so many comedians that were funny, but for reasons beyond my understanding felt the need to pepper their monologue with a lot of potty mouth, and sexual references. I'm no prude, but all that $h!t :p gets tiresome. On Netflix I discovered a bunch of comedians that are super funny without big potty mouths.
They are:
Nate Bargatze
Sebastian Maniscalco
Mike Birbiglia
Jim Gaffigan
Tom Papa
Jerry Seinfeld
Brian Regan
Kevin James
I'm sure there are others.
Edit- some more good comedians:
Bill Burr
Jeff Dunham
Jay Leno
Ricky Gervais
Jeff Foxworthy
Bill Engvall
Sinbad
Foster Brooks
Josh Blue- not familiar with him,will look for his material.

I'm always on the search for more comedy- please add to the list if you come across other clean comedians.
I have to agree with all the ones you listed. I also enjoy Don Rickles and Rodney Dangerfield.

Well...no women? šŸ¤”
There used to be Joan Rivers and Phyllis Diller
I had noticed that women were under-represented in the list I am compiling from this thread. There are many super funny female stand-up comedians(Joan Rivers and Phyllis Diller from the past). Of course Ellen Degeneres, Amy Schumer(as you mentioned), although the last performance I saw of hers was pretty raunchy. I like Wanda Sykes, Margaret Cho, Sarah Silverman and Kathleen Madigan, but it would be a stretch to include them in the "clean comedian" category.
There is one really young comedian named Anjelah Johnson that is drop-dead funny:

Amy & Sarah are too over the top for me.

It used to be a comedian became known for their pushing the limits. Now itā€™s the norm.

Birbigliaā€™s mother told him to keep it clean, heā€™d stand out because of it. She was right.

The best advice to a comic would be ā€œknow your audience.ā€

Iā€™ve never known anyone to refuse to listen to a comic because they were too clean.

Amy Schumer is funny but I think I saw something she did that was raunchy once. I don't remember what it was. She was in a couple of clean movies that were funny.

There's Tina Fey and Amy Poeler and Louise Dreyfuss
`
Tina Fey- super talented!
Julia Louis-Dreyfus-she is beyond amazing, apparently others think so too:
Julia Louis-Dreyfus has won the Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Lead Actress in a Comedy Series seven times; once for her role on The New Adventures of Old Christine (2006) and six consecutive wins for playing Selina Meyer on Veep (2012ā€“17), as well as Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Comedy Series on one occasion for Seinfeld (1996). As of 2017, she holds the record for the most Primetime Emmy wins as an actor for the same role and is tied with Cloris Leachman for the most acting Primetime Emmy wins (with eight). She has also been nominated for nine Golden Globe Awards, winning one for Best Supporting Actress in a Series, Miniseries, or Television Film for her role as Elaine Benes on Seinfeld (1995). She has also been nominated for twenty-one Screen Actors Guild Awards and has won five for individual performance (nine all together) for her portrayals on Seinfeld (1997ā€“98) and Veep (2014, 2017ā€“18).

Amy Poehler- I'm not familiar with her work, will search Netflix.

There's a couple disabled comedians. Actually I think Josh Blue is one of them. There's one with Tourette's but he's kinda potty mouth. And there's a comedian that stutters and sometimes him and the Tourette's guy are on stage together. I enjoy them cuz I know what it's like and over the years I've learned to laugh at myself so they're fun for me. Josh Blue cracks me up.

For decades it seems there were so many comedians that were funny, but for reasons beyond my understanding felt the need to pepper their monologue with a lot of potty mouth, and sexual references. I'm no prude, but all that $h!t :p gets tiresome. On Netflix I discovered a bunch of comedians that are super funny without big potty mouths.
They are:
Nate Bargatze
Sebastian Maniscalco
Mike Birbiglia
Jim Gaffigan
Tom Papa
Jerry Seinfeld
Brian Regan
Kevin James
I'm sure there are others.
Edit- some more good comedians:
Bill Burr
Jeff Dunham
Jay Leno
Ricky Gervais
Jeff Foxworthy
Bill Engvall
Sinbad
Foster Brooks
Josh Blue- not familiar with him,will look for his material.

I'm always on the search for more comedy- please add to the list if you come across other clean comedians.
I have Comcast cable TV, and on XUMO they have Dry Bar Comedy. I think it's in Utah, sober audience and clean comics. We've watched it a few times, some comedians were very funny, others not so much, like in all comedy. Here's one comedian, I think there's more info if you watch it on youtube. I don't think we ever saw this guy, but I thought I'd bring this to your attention as a good option. Personally, language, etc. doesn't bother me, but I give credit to any comedians who keep me chuckling throughout their routine.

Last edited:
We saw the Greg Warren routine Where The Field Corn Grows and it was very funny, it got better after the start, we were both chuckling throughout his stand-up. šŸ‘

Brian Regan was a name that I heard today. His favourite place to play is Salt Lake City and heā€™s loved by them. Itā€™s his main source of income. Totally clean humour. Iā€™ll have to look for him.

Edited. He has a show on Netflix so Iā€™ll watch that.

Last edited:

Back