Cleaning Supplies!

We used to use Ajax and Vim when I was a kid, not sure if it's still available here now..

We use Windolene ( which is probably the same as windex)..for cleaning windows..

Use Domestos Bleach ...

Dettol Disinfectant...

Brillo soap scourers..

Flash all purpose cleaner...

..but there'sa myriad of cleaning makes out there including the supermarkets own brands..

I've been trying to narrow it down to a couple of TNT potions without much success.

I use Tide pods for laundry, Dawn dish soap, Scrubbing Bubbles in the shower, $tore bleach and dish soap in the toilet, Swiffer pads on the kitchen and bathroom floors, Pledge on the wooden surfaces and Windex on glass, etc...

When I think back my grandmother used a damp rag elbow grease and ammonia or vinegar to clean just about anything that didn't move.

I use name brand cleaning supplies. Just seem to work better.
Now what I really want is a robot that will clean the entire house. :)
ext

I've been trying to narrow it down to a couple of TNT potions without much success.

I use Tide pods for laundry, Dawn dish soap, Scrubbing Bubbles in the shower, $tore bleach and dish soap in the toilet, Swiffer pads on the kitchen and bathroom floors, Pledge on the wooden surfaces and Windex on glass, etc...

When I think back my grandmother used a damp rag elbow grease and ammonia or vinegar to clean just about anything that didn't move.
I use Pledge for the wood too....

I use Fairy Liquid for dish soap..

Any laundry soap tbh..I used to always use Ariel, or Daz..but now I find even most store bought laundry soap is just as good as the more well known brands ( we used to ave Tide when I was a kid but I don't think it's available any more in this country)

Great topic, Keesha!

I'm not generally one who insists on brand names but after trying numerous off-brands, cleaning supplies have become an exception:
Dawn is my go to for dishes.
I mix Dawn half and half with Soilove, a laundry spot lifter from the 99 cent only store. The combo works great.
ALL brand unscented laundry soap, though I'm on the hunt for something better
Softscrub or Comet Soft Cleanser cleaner for my sinks (learned the hard way to not use the canned grit cleansers)
I use bleach very rarely, like for mold/mildew in the shower or stains in my sink that are too stubborn for the Softscrub, .
Windex for windows and mirrors (have tried the off-brands but returned to Windex)
Comet for a grit cleaner
Murphy's Oil for furniture
I bought a wonderful mop about 15 years ago when it was being hawked at the County Fair. My kids are also believers and have the same kind. StarFiber. After mopping (I use plain water only), the microfiber cleaning pads go right in the washer. Hang to dry. I also have a mop for the RV. No disposable swiffer cloths for this gal.

p.s. @fmdog44: I never noticed Clorox specifying "cleaning bleach" - thanks for the head's up.
p.p.s. @Aunt Bea: It never occurred to me to use dish soap in the toilet. Will give it a whirl (pun intended).

A little Dawn+clear ammonia mixed with water in a bucket for windows. Can be used as an all surface cleaner too. Use some Mr. Clean + distilled water in a spray bottle for counter tops and the stove. Don't particularly like the vinegar to clean anything, but some people swear by it. Don't have any tips. Use a wet rag to wipe on and use a dry one to wipe off. It's cleaning, try to get as much dirt off as you can. :rolleyes:

I use Murphy's Oil Soap to clean my furniture
Comet to clean the sinks in my kitchen&bathroom,sometimes use Mr Clean pads
Dawn liquid to wash the few dishes that I use
Windex or dollar store brand to do clean the windows
I use laundry detergent Tide that has h.e on the bottle otherwise our washing machines won't work

I use trusted products I can trust - bit fussy with cleaning stuff ' well known brands -if no good I try another '

I used to use tide or gain HE pods but now I use Method laundry soap and dryer sheets in beach sage scent

For cleaning floors I either use Murphy’s oil soap or Method grapefruit leather

For windows I use Allen’s Cleaning Vinegar with Lemon

For bathroom - Method eucalyptus mint cleaner and spearmint toilet cleaner

Dish soap is usually Dawn but I’m trying this Method clementine scent

For quick cleaning I use Method grapefruit cleaning wipes - car, purse, etc.,

Comet grit cleaner for scrubbing

Note: prefer products made from natural sources that smell nice. Started to discover that harsh chemical cleaners were affecting me negatively which is why I’ve replaced most of products .
The natural scents are so pleasant. After cleaning it’s like Aroma therapy. It’s new so I’m not sure how many have tried it.

Plus I have to figure out what is causing my laundry to get chunks of mineral deposits stuck to it

Plus I guess perhaps I’m frivolous but I love the pretty colours too🥰
9BEED687-56F0-4EC3-A2F1-C2237722CAFF.jpegFE92A2FB-FBD7-4404-8BFF-6C490E3C8B93.jpeg88CA2BEC-3B4F-4DAB-8CAF-99B2B4209802.jpeg

Does anyone know how to get oil stains out of t shirts, I assume are cotton. Also, can i get these stains out if the clothes have already been washed meaning old stains. It’s seems I’m forever ruining nice t shirts and I want to learn how to clean them better.

Do you spray them before washing them?

Does anyone know how to get oil stains out of t shirts, I assume are cotton. Also, can i get these stains out if the clothes have already been washed meaning old stains. It’s seems I’m forever ruining nice t shirts and I want to learn how to clean them better.

Do you spray them before washing them?
I put a little squirt of Dawn on the spot and let it sit for about 5 minutes before starting the washing machine. If it's good enough to remove oil from bird wings after an oil spill, I figure it's good enough on my spotted tee shirts. Sometimes I have to repeat the process a second time, but have found this to be pretty effective.

Back