Confessions of an Uncultured Loner

lol, hahahaha, I opened my door this afternoon and propped up against the door was a new phone book. They've changed and no longer have private numbers just business numbers. Yellow pages. I haven't used a phone book for years. I wonder if anyone else uses a phone book? I wonder how much business is actually generated from these bulky things with print so small you can't read it anyway. I just noticed the opt out number on the front...saving a tree, opting out of future phone books now.

20180924_155952.jpg

I'm pouting today. It's that time of year for Happy Apples to arrive in the store. I love Happy Apples coated with yummy caramel on top of which is a layer of crushed nuts. My favorite autmumn treat.

I had palpatations when I saw the Happy Apple label peeking over the top of the refrigerated unit in my local store.

Oh no! What happened???? There were two kinds of the apples. One kind had caramel coating topped with those weird colored sprinkles. I never liked those sprinkles. They remind me of mice poop. Same shape, same size. How dare they try to make a food item in such a shape.

The second kind of apples were chocolate coated topped with chocolate chips.

Noooooo!!!!!!

Some things are sacred to this old person. Happy Apples are among those ancient traditions. No one should tamper with something that was already perfect.

OMG! I don't blame you for pouting. Who the h*ll had the bright idea of messing around with the apples? Maybe nobody ever told them if it ain't broke don't fix it. Sacrilege! And the people who did it are heretics. I hope they all get warts and ugly toenail fungus.

Yanno? I'd have had a little CTJ talk with the store manager.

We had our first cold snap of the season which has always been my cue to "winterize" the items in my car. I carried ice melt from my apartment to put in the trunk of the car. I put in the little shovel with the telescoping handle. I got some de-icer for the windshield. I put an extra hat and gloves in the glove compartment. I was feeling so proud of myself as I walked back up the steps to my apartment when it occurred to me, "you are retired you ding dong. You don't have anymore late trips to work and early morning trips from work. You can STAY HOME when it's slippery and freezing cold outside." Ah yes...staying home in crappy weather. Just one more reason retirement is great.

Back