Connecticut trooper on leave after profane rant caught on camera

The officer said he has 13 months left before he retires. That means for perhaps twenty years he has tolerated baby killers, rapists, junkies, drug dealers, pimps, wife beaters, whores, alcoholics, hit & run drivers, suicides, murderers, domestic violence, kidnappings and missing children among other things. He yells at jerk doing 60 in a 40 and he is the bad guy? Shut up!

The officer said he has 13 months left before he retires. That means for perhaps twenty years he has tolerated baby killers, rapists, junkies, drug dealers, pimps, wife beaters, whores, alcoholics, hit & run drivers, suicides, murderers, domestic violence, kidnappings and missing children among other things. He yells at jerk doing 60 in a 40 and he is the bad guy? Shut up!

I agree here 👍

Before making excuses for this jerk, think about this: Suppose someone steals money & while the cop is arresting him, the suspect says, "I'm under pressure; I'm stressed out; I needed money; I can't find a job; businesses are closed."
The cop would say, "There is no excuse for committing a crime; there are honest ways to get money."

There is no excuse for acting like a criminal thug. No one forced him to be a cop. No one forces anyone to be anything.

Last edited:
Before making excuses for this jerk, think about this: Suppose someone steals money & while the cop is arresting him, the suspect says, "I'm under pressure; I'm stressed out; I needed money; I can't find a job; businesses are closed."
The cop would say, "There is no excuse for committing a crime; there are honest ways to get money."

There is no excuse for acting like a criminal thug. No one forced him to be a cop. No one forces anyone to be anything.
Excuse no, reason yes! Maybe no one is perfect like you.

So one incident you see convicts the officer of being no good at his job. I'll bet cash there are a long lit of people he has helped out of life threatening situations. Like all whiners about police who do they call when they are scared shitless?
When I am scared, there would likely be an immediate threat to me, and police would never get there in time; they can't. So, I would call my Glock first, then I'd call the police to take the report & remove the body.

Quote:
"There is no excuse for acting like a criminal thug. No one forced him to be a cop. No one forces anyone to be anything."

Your point about the police having to uphold high standards is well made, and no doubt this experienced officer will have expected a strong reprimand or being retired early, or whatever sanction is applied. There is the public image of the police to consider beyond any individual officer's lapse in behaviour.
However I have to disagree with your last line above, people are forced to do all kinds of things in life, and be all kinds of things, far too numerous to mention. However we could start with "rape victim", so I can't understand where you got that notion, though I agree no one forced him to become a law enforcement officer(?).

Quote:
"There is no excuse for acting like a criminal thug. No one forced him to be a cop. No one forces anyone to be anything."

Your point about the police having to uphold high standards is well made, and no doubt this experienced officer will have expected a strong reprimand or being retired early, or whatever sanction is applied. There is the public image of the police to consider beyond any individual officer's lapse in behaviour.
However I have to disagree with your last line above, people are forced to do all kinds of things in life, and be all kinds of things, far too numerous to mention. However we could start with "rape victim", so I can't understand where you got that notion, though I agree no one forced him to become a law enforcement officer(?).
Exactly what I meant - no one is forced to take any JOB.
You are mistaken about the cop expecting a strong reprimand. Cops are not reprimanded strongly. And if this jerk is allowed to continue working as a cop, a very predictable tragedy will occur.

You are mistaken about the cop expecting a strong reprimand. Cops are not reprimanded strongly. And if this jerk is allowed to continue working as a cop, a very predictable tragedy will occur.
Have you been a cop, so can definitively assert there is not strong discipline in law enforcement personnel and organisations?
BTW people who are desperate might take any job they are offered, and I'd say that's close enough to being forced into something for me. :(.

"Cops are not reprimanded strongly" Really?! So being fired or suspended without pay is not a strong reprimand?

Back