Cottage cheese, what can you do with it?

My favorite is a cottage cheese stuffed pear half. You half a Bartlett or Anjou pear and remove the core and stem. Then add a spoonful or so of small curd cottage cheese. You can top it with a cherry or strawberry. Canned pears could also be used for this.

All sorts of interesting cottage cheese toast and sandwich fillings on the internet!

Hood_Cottage_Cheese_0076.jpg
CottageCheeseToast-22-of-22-819x1024.jpg
IMG_6063.jpg

Cottage cheese and SF strawberry jam on whole-wheat toast sounds good!

I love cottage cheese.

I just made strawberry jello with pineapple and cottage cheese today! I mixed the large package of jello with two cups boiling water, then the juice from the large can pineapple chunks plus enough water to make two more cups liquid. Chilled one hour then added the drained pineapple and 8 oz cottage cheese.

An easy pasta bake is boiled penne mixed with a jar of pasta sauce that's been mixed with a cup cottage cheese. Top the dish with grated mozzarella and bake about 30 minutes.

I learned to make guacamole from my Father In Law. He always added cottage cheese to the mix. It stretched the gaucamole (large family) and it made it so creamy. I still do the same thing if I make it, I don't like gaucamole with out it.

I love cottage cheese and all of these sound good.

I make cottage cheese, lime jello with half the called for water, undrained pineapple and pecans, also for a quick snack I mix sugarless peaches, cottage cheese and splenda.

I keep a container of Cottage Cheese in the fridge. Sometimes when I'm doing my outdoor chores, I take a short break around noon, and spoon 2 or 3 table spoons of CC onto a small dish, sprinkle some salt and pepper on it, and enjoy the break. That seems to satisfy my hunger quickly, and suffices until Suppertime.

I like it on top of a baked potato after the sour cream or sometimes i just split the potato in half and put the cottage cheese on top with butter. i only like the small curd.

I must be too simple, I've never considered eating cottage cheese on or in anything. I have been eating it as long as I can remember and I eat it straight out of the container.

Fresh fruit pairs well. Pineapple. I would think mango and papaya too. I guess you could make a smoothie out of it. Fruit, cottage cheese, bit of water to thin? If you want, add a bit of sugar or honey. Maybe some cinnamon if you are going with apples or maybe pears too???

Also might want to look into ricotta, low-fat ricotta, pot cheese...some of those things...see how they compare re fat content, protein content.

I think most folks, generally, like ricotta better. I would guess that means ricotta has a higher salt and fat content.

I loved LARGE curd, but I haven't seen anything but small curd for many years. I think I'll try adding spaghetti sauce (ala a post above) and see if I can pretend it is lasagna.

Our favorite Lasagna recipe calls for cottage cheese.
Our favorite bread recipe calls for cottage cheese (dilly bread).
Whipped cottage cheese for dessert...with vanilla & sweetener.
Whippec cottage cheese an be a substitute for buttermilk/mayo in certain recipes, also.

Back