Could You Live In This Tiny 150 Square Foot House?

Hubs and I live in approximately 250 square feet for weeks at a time when we are in our RV, and we LOVE it. Couldn't do it comfortably with less space though.

It's easy to understand why a lot of seniors sell their houses, purge their junk (umm, I mean precious treasures) buy RVs, and travel their country. Many stay put in one place if finances dictate, or travel to snowbird in the same parks each year.

Semi-permanent 400-600 square foot "park models" at RV parks are relatively inexpensive to buy and maintain, and the parks provide a built in neighborhood community plus a range of amenities. They sure beat living in a stand alone home in a dicey neighborhood.

Hubs and I live in approximately 250 square feet for weeks at a time when we are in our RV, and we LOVE it. Couldn't do it comfortably with less space though.

It's easy to understand why a lot of seniors sell their houses, purge their junk (umm, I mean precious treasures) buy RVs, and travel their country. Many stay put in one place if finances dictate, or travel to snowbird in the same parks each year.

Semi-permanent 400-600 square foot "park models" at RV parks are relatively inexpensive to buy and maintain, and the parks provide a built in neighborhood community plus a range of amenities. They sure beat living in a stand alone home in a dicey neighborhood.
I agree completely. These days especially there are some really sweet trailer parks that are perfect for seniors who aren’t ready for an old folks home nor want to have an apartment life.

It offers seniors who want to live in the safety and pleasure of living in a community with their own kind.
They have a taste of finely manicured landscaping without having to do a thing.

It can be a good option for some.

Good point, permanent setup. In Quartzsite there is one such setup the trailer is 32 feet long, 2 3 foot slide outs, very clean & everything works. There is a covered carport cement parking & a 12' x 12' room at the end of the carport. Very nicely finished with a large window in front. The owner was one of my neighbors living in another setup about same size. He rents it out every winter & now wants to sell.

He's asking $7,500 for all. The lot space rents for $1,800 per year. Has all the amenities I had cable, wifi, water, electricity (which you pay for). Two issues cause most to hesitate, it sits alongside I-10 (noise), doesn't bother me I'm hard hearing anyway & the next door neighbor is a hoarder, raging female drunk. Stops most buyers. I like those problems because it will more than isolate me from others.

Back