Covid goalposts just keep moving

Wish you could come here @chic..as long as you stay at least a metre away from people.where possible.. you do not have to wear a mask outside, and where I live we have lots of woodland, rivers and parks..
I'd have to wear a mask on the plane to get there!

laughing 2.jpg

What answers do you know of that are not honest? Maybe I'm misunderstanding your comment, but it sounds like you are suggesting that the researchers and physicians are lying to us.

I don't think they are lying to us. But they present things as settled fact which are not. Case in point: All the time, effort and money spent on sanitizing surfaces, which turns out not to be very important.

Remember last year's "ventilator crisis?" Turns out ventilators aren't that important, either.

We weren't supposed to wear masks (because health professionals needed them), then we were.

In southern states that dropped the mask mandates early, everyone was supposed to die. Except that the virus jumped in Michigan, Massachusetts and New Jersey instead.

A certain amount of skepticism is warranted, that's all I'm saying.

All government agencies carefully "craft" their messages, often spending hours and days wordsmithing it until it fits the political narrative. After perusing through some of the medical journals, I am convinced the real experts on the front line (i.e., not Fauci, whose inconsistencies and flip-flops give him away as a political operative and TV star wannabe, IMO) are not being heard by the public at large for a variety of reasons, not the least of which is our agenda-driven media.

I remember reading an article in one of the leading medical journals by doctors on the front line that suggested masks weren't all that helpfu or necessary for the public at large. That message got stepped on real quick when some really bad science was held up as proof masks were needed.. There are/were other examples.

One thing to consider: Colds and flu haven't ever gone away, just up and down. Covid is another form of a cold/flu. Like other cold/flu variants, it's not likely to go away.

Last edited:
The division is terrible. I hate that. It helps nothing and causes more stress which is bad for everyone's health no matter what side you are on.

What you say about the woods is true. I can no longer go for a hike because the hiking area is loaded with people in masks and I feel like WTH. You're in the woods for heaven's sake. I give up.
I'm afraid that a segment of our population have become faceless zombies; walking like the living but no longer thinking.

I'm afraid that a segment of our population have become faceless zombies; walking like the living but no longer thinking.
I think certain states keep the mask mandate in place less for fear of public health than to control. Seeing and endless sea of faceless people is disturbing psychologically. It's a 24/7 reminder to you that something is wrong and it is out of your control. It's a terror tactic.

I think certain states keep the mask mandate in place less for fear of public health than to control. Seeing and endless sea of faceless people is disturbing psychologically. It's a 24/7 reminder to you that something is wrong and it is out of your control. It's a terror tactic.

I agree with your assessment. We live in a rural area and currently have almost no new covid cases any more, yet I see people driving down the street, alone, in their car by themselves wearing their mask. Psychologically disturbing is a good way to put it.

I agree with your assessment. We live in a rural area and currently have almost no new covid cases any more, yet I see people driving down the street, alone, in their car by themselves wearing their mask. Psychologically disturbing is a good way to put it.
It is because we're not a culture of people who normally wear masks so it's a constant reminder and it's oppressive and stressful, I find.

Testing people who were killed in accidents & listing the cause of death as Covid if they test positive. And relying on a test that's 47% accurate.
That's likely how they arrived at the 550,000 deaths figure.
Reporting packed ER's & Hospitals filled to capacity & people dropping like flies, & so many dead bodies, they have to store them on meat trucks in hospital parking lots. I've taken friends to 4 different hospitals - nothing of the sort happening.
Getting immediate approval for an experimental drug by claiming our former president had Covid, was put on a respirator, & the drug cured him in 3 days.
First, masks are "useless," then they're required.
Developing an "effective" vaccine in less than one year & pushing it on frightened people, when vaccines take 10-15 years of study to establish safety & effectiveness.
Yeah.....I believe ya.........

The above comments make me angry. Not at the person who wrote them but at the news media who use their usual 'scare the ^%#&*! out of them" tactics to report on conrona virus. And our 'leaders' who thought us a bunch of simpletons so they gave us stupid rules that were incomplete if not inaccurate. My guess is there would be fewer doubters if we had received accurate, fair, well presented information early, instead of "You're all at great risk, and are going to suffer and die a horrible death from Covid" type stories.

On the subject of the rapid vaccine development..... Scientists have been studying various corona viruses for decades. mRNA technology did not just pop up. It's something with many years of development behind it. There were a lot of failures as it was developed. What else is new? We are fortunate that it matured to a useful point just as the virus hit us.

The above comments make me angry. Not at the person who wrote them but at the news media who use their usual 'scare the ^%#&*! out of them" tactics to report on conrona virus. And our 'leaders' who thought us a bunch of simpletons so they gave us stupid rules that were incomplete if not inaccurate. My guess is there would be fewer doubters if we had received accurate, fair, well presented information early, instead of "You're all at great risk, and are going to suffer and die a horrible death from Covid" type stories.

On the subject of the rapid vaccine development..... Scientists have been studying various corona viruses for decades. mRNA technology did not just pop up. It's something with many years of development behind it. There were a lot of failures as it was developed. What else is new? We are fortunate that it matured to a useful point just as the virus hit us.
They're backing off on the usefulness and safety of the vaccine. I think there will be more backing off in the future.

They're backing off on the usefulness and safety of the vaccine. I think there will be more backing off in the future.
Can you document this? I have seen no sign of a backing off in regards to either the usefulness or safety of the vaccine. The numbers coming out of Israel in terms of Covid spread, hospitalizations and suffering are impressively good. Time will tell, of course.

Well, now our P.M. has said that all Australians should be vaccinated by December. However, we had a death of a woman that passed away from blood clots after receiving the vaccine so it may even be later than that.

All government agencies carefully "craft" their messages, often spending hours and days wordsmithing it until it fits the political narrative. After perusing through some of the medical journals, I am convinced the real experts on the front line (i.e., not Fauci, whose inconsistencies and flip-flops give him away as a political operative and TV star wannabe, IMO) are not being heard by the public at large for a variety of reasons, not the least of which is our agenda-driven media.

I remember reading an article in one of the leading medical journals by doctors on the front line that suggested masks weren't all that helpfu or necessary for the public at large. That message got stepped on real quick when some really bad science was held up as proof masks were needed.. There are/were other examples.

One thing to consider: Colds and flu haven't ever gone away, just up and down. Covid is another form of a cold/flu. Like other cold/flu variants, it's not likely to go away.
I agree with all you say..however the last sentence...I have to admit that since we've all been wearing masks in crowded places I haven't known anyone with a cold or the flu...and I believe the rates of flu generally worldwide have gone down immensely this last year

I agree with all you say..however the last sentence...I have to admit that since we've all been wearing masks in crowded places I haven't known anyone with a cold or the flu...and I believe the rates of flu generally worldwide have gone down immensely this last year
My sister & I both got colds last month. She stopped getting sick when she stopped getting flu shots.

yes I heard about this..which is why I never get flu shots...

...but you're the first I've heard getting a cold since this pandemic started..
True. I haven't seen any colds this winter. Then again, I don't see many people either. I'd rather catch a cold or even a flu and live in a normal world again, because honestly, I can't take much more of this. ☹️

yes I heard about this..which is why I never get flu shots...

...but you're the first I've heard getting a cold since this pandemic started..
A cold is a minor illness & most people wouldn't mention it. I only mentioned it previously because we were discussing how Covid has changed some people's interactions with friends & relatives.
My sister did acknowledge (and agree with me) that if we got colds while wearing our masks (as we always do as required), the masks couldn't protect against Covid, either.

I don't think they are lying to us. But they present things as settled fact which are not. Case in point: All the time, effort and money spent on sanitizing surfaces, which turns out not to be very important.

Remember last year's "ventilator crisis?" Turns out ventilators aren't that important, either.

We weren't supposed to wear masks (because health professionals needed them), then we were.

In southern states that dropped the mask mandates early, everyone was supposed to die. Except that the virus jumped in Michigan, Massachusetts and New Jersey instead.

A certain amount of skepticism is warranted, that's all I'm saying.
They are not lying but there are questions they cannot answer at the present moment. It's a learning curve for us all. Information is being reported daily regarding the vaccine. If they are not lying or unsure... soooo glad I decided to wait it out.

A cold is a minor illness & most people wouldn't mention it. I only mentioned it previously because we were discussing how Covid has changed some people's interactions with friends & relatives.
My sister did acknowledge (and agree with me) that if we got colds while wearing our masks (as we always do as required), the masks couldn't protect against Covid, either.
My husband is someone who gets colds, and flu a lot..and he hasn't had one since he got Covid-19 back in early March.. and was really sick for 16 days

With the symptoms for flu being similar with covid-19, coupled with the availability/reliability of test kits, the fact that the rules for counting covid changed to include anything that looked like it (e.g., regular flu) and that regular flu has never disappeared before (to my knowledge); I am reasonably convinced regular flu and covid are combined in whatever counts exist here.

With the symptoms for flu being similar with covid-19, coupled with the availability/reliability of test kits, the fact that the rules for counting covid changed to include anything that looked like it (e.g., regular flu) and that regular flu has never disappeared before (to my knowledge); I am reasonably convinced regular flu and covid are combined in whatever counts exist here.
Oh yes I believe there's a lot in that...not wholly of course because when you see or know someone who got Covid-19 really badly..or long covid which has made their lungs into bubbles( which is just horrendous) ...it's not flu at all really..but yes I agree overall...

Last edited:

Back