COVID19 latest numbers where you are

I feel for you, Pappy. I'm in the hardest hit county in Maryland, which contains a lot of suburban DC, and we only have a little over 1000 cases so far. We have a long way to go before we hit our apex, though.

Maryland overall, as a state, today reporting:
4,371 cases
103 deaths

But it seems we're not testing very many people....

Our governor, Larry Hogan, is a Republican, but bless his heart, he implemented social distancing early and locked down the state the third week of March.

By the way, we actually live in two states, because we inherited an ancient farmhouse on a tiny nature reserve (former dairy farm) in the ridge-and-valley section of south-central Pennsylvania. It's a 3-hour drive from our house in Maryland. Normally we go up there for about half the the time from early spring through late fall, just avoiding the deep snows of winter in the mountains. It's not a vacation home: my husband is a tree biologist who works hard to maintain the reserve, and I'm an artist with a studio up there.

We were all set to go up there, had even started packing, when the Maryland governor issued the lockdown, including "no non-essential out-of-state travel."

So we are following the rules—staying put in an urban hot spot, rather than "fleeing" to a rural area.

Last edited:
Manitoba, Canada: Just 201 cases; 2 dead. I figure that is pretty good considering that we have nearly 1.3 millions folks here in this province. The media is trying to scare us "s...less" but I reckon that we are pretty safe. Glad I don't live in some huge Mega city like LA or NY

I feel for you, Pappy. I'm in the hardest hit county in Maryland, which contains a lot of suburban DC, and we only have a little over 1000 cases so far. We have a long way to go before we hit our apex, though.

Maryland overall, as a state, today reporting:
4,371 cases
103 deaths

But it seems we're not testing very many people....

Our governor, Larry Hogan, is a Republican, but bless his heart, he implemented social distancing early and locked down the state the third week of March.

By the way, we actually live in two states, because we inherited an ancient farmhouse on a tiny nature reserve (former dairy farm) in the ridge-and-valley section of south-central Pennsylvania. It's a 3-hour drive from our house in Maryland. Normally we go up there for about half the the time from early spring through late fall, just avoiding the deep snows of winter in the mountains. It's not a vacation home: my husband is a tree biologist who works hard to maintain the reserve, and I'm an artist with a studio up there.

We were all set to go up there, had even started packing, when the Maryland governor issued the lockdown, including "no non-essential out-of-state travel."

So we are following the rules—staying put in an urban hot spot, rather than "fleeing" to a rural area.

My son lived in Columbia, MD for several years. He has been with the NSA since getting out of school. He is now in Omaha, NB.

Australia is ironically referred to as 'the lucky country'. The phrase was coined by author Donald Horne. He wrote - "Australia is a lucky country run mainly by second rate people who share its luck. It lives on other people's ideas, and, although its ordinary people are adaptable, most of its leaders (in all fields) so lack curiosity about the events that surround them that they are often taken by surprise."

When it comes to coronavirus it seems our luck is holding.

These are the stats for all of Australia as of the afternoon of Thurs 9th April.

As of Thursday afternoon Mr Hunt (Federal Minister for Health) said there were:
  • 6,068 Australians with the virus
  • 51 deaths
  • Approximately 260 people in hospital
  • 82 in intensive care units
  • 35 on ventilators
The numbers would have been a lot less if there had not been a complete stuff up when a passengers from the Ruby Princess were discharged into the community without even the most rudimentary screening. They were told to go home and self isolate for 14 days but many took themselves to the beach. There is now a criminal investigation taking place to find out how this blunder was allowed to happen and who was responsible. Talk about second rate leadership but even so, with most people co-operating with stay at home orders and practising social distancing, the total numbers are still manageable and our hospitals are not overwhelmed. The curve is starting to flatten nicely.

We are still holding our own in my area.

There are 31 Covid-19 patients in local hospitals, the same as Tuesday. Five patients are in critical care.

There are currently 445 active cases, down 15 from Tuesday.

The mayor announced today that all of our summer festivals, large charity events, foot races, etc... are canceled for the summer.

The obvious reason is the virus but a more subtle reason is that the city does not have the resources needed to host the events. The city has furloughed employees due to a lack of revenue and simply can't afford the costs associated with these events.

So far this year the city has only been able to open two of the city pools and a go fund me page has been set up by the City Parks Conservancy to raise money to open at least one more popular city pool, so far they have raised $76,000.00 of the $100,000.00 goal.

Very sad when a government is reduced to begging for funds on social media.

Jul. 1: Florida - cases: 158,997, deaths: 3,650
My County - cases: 4,029, deaths: 120
My zip code - cases: 97 - cannot find death number although it was available last week when number was either 3 or 4. Censors at work, I think.

Last edited:
4/9/20
Kansas
1106 cases
42 deaths
Kansas now has over 14,000 cases and 272 deaths in 3 months. The county I'm in has gone from 50 cases to over 100 in just a week. I am not looking forward to seeing what will happen in the next 3 months.

Latest numbers for Colorado.

Cases

Hospitalized

Counties
People tested

Outbreaks

Deaths among cases

Deaths due to COVID-19

Last update: July 1, 2020, 4:01 p.m.

This summary only includes data through June 30 and does not reflect cases since then. Additionally, the number of deaths due to COVID-19 includes data through Saturday, June 27, and does not reflect cases since then.

I’m not sure of the exact numbers but the state of Victoria ( Australia ) has been locked down due to large numbers of the virus re-emerging .
Its been alleged That security guards that was suppose to be watching quarantined arrivals from overseas was sleeping with / playing cards / letting them roam from room to room / ect with them
Victoria has up to 70+ Cases most days and went into selected suburb “hot spot “ lock down from today
https://7news.com.au/lifestyle/heal...urity-at-victorias-hotel-quarantine-c-1138978

Disgusting behaviour I just hope no Victorians come to S.A. and reinfect us here in South Aust where we are virus free ..Vic is one of neighbouring borders

total cases:
WNY 9,350, Erie County 7,229{where I live},802 deaths
Last wk,Erie County residents who tested positive 40% were in the 20-30 age group.This does not surprise me. Every day when I'm out on my walks,I see many people in that age group not wearing masks or social distancing

Its been alleged That security guards that was suppose to be watching quarantined arrivals from overseas was sleeping with / playing cards / letting them roam from room to room / ect with them

Good lord. :mad: I hope your area stays safe and virus-free.

Here in Florida we're shattering our own records almost daily. Yesterday they posted 10,109 new cases - a new high. Or a new low, depending how you look at it.

Back