Cramp

Another preventative measure from the distant past
is Tonic Water, the quinine in it has a curing effect on
cramps, whether it just kills the pain or keeps it away
if you drink it regularly, I don't know, but I think that
it will be the latter, keep drinking it to keep the cramp
at bay, unfortunately, I don't like tonic water!

Mike.

Another preventative measure from the distant past
is Tonic Water, the quinine in it has a curing effect on
cramps, whether it just kills the pain or keeps it away
if you drink it regularly, I don't know, but I think that
it will be the latter, keep drinking it to keep the cramp
at bay, unfortunately, I don't like tonic water!

Mike.
Me neither

I get them frequently when in a fibromyalgia flare. Sometimes they're a sequence of rippling cramps, sometimes the muscles completely lock up. Getting the latter in the bathtub is really! not fun. I eat a diet high in minerals that are supposed to help cramps and also take supplements. Even RX muscle relaxants don't help with fibromyalgia.

the pickle juice is bad tasting but according to the report I read, you didn't even have to swallow it for it to take affect. cramps are caused by the brain telling your muscles they are tired and incorrectly positioned. when you drink the pickle juice it hits the back of the throat and causes a motor neural response to the brain and the brain tells the muscles to stop cramping.....
What kind of pickle juice? Dill? Sweet??

https://picklepower.com/
it comes is a little bottle sold in grocers here anyway could probably order online I dont like the taste either but compared to the cramps I will try anything... feet cramp, calves cramp, knee muscles and inner thigh all cramp at one time or the other...have had hands cramp, spasms in torso and back....the FDA has banned quinnine for the prevention of cramps that is why I did not prescribe it by name in my earlier post....

I keep a small cup of lemon flavored salt water next to my bed in case I get muscle cramps. Salt plus water is what helps mine, but I'd guess lots of electrolytes/minerals are in play and how to tell which one is out of balance? The dietician at work told me that our bodies try to keep them in balance so the results we get from blood work saying they are normal doesn't mean much.

If I overdid it, working outdoors, yardwork, chainsawing, etc., I would often get leg cramps during the night, or next morning. Then, I started a routine of eating a couple of bananas when I stopped for the day. That seems to have worked well for me. I can "pretend" that I'm still 30 years old, and not suffer for it hours later.

Back