Creepy Stories

I was told by some Vietnam Vets that they would use psychological warfare by using loud ghost sounds over speakers as they walked through the jungles at night. That came from WWII when American Troops would use that ploy on Japanese islands they invaded. I think Asians are very superstitious at times. Just like the hotel that was being built in Ho Chi Minh City and workers would fall off the girders or have other accidents, they blamed it on the fact that it had 13 stories, which they consider unlucky.
Huh. Interesting, and deeply creepy on many levels.
I wonder what idiosyncrasies of ours they exploited in similar ways.
I mean, ghost sounds at night in a jungle would scare me out of my skin now in this time.

Huh. Interesting, and deeply creepy on many levels.
I wonder what idiosyncrasies of ours they exploited in similar ways.
I mean, ghost sounds at night in a jungle would scare me out of my skin now in this time.
I had heard this story a few different times. At first, I didn't know whether to believe it or not, but after the 3rd time, I thought OK, it did happen during WWII at least, but then the Vietnam War guys started telling it to me and again I thought, Really? I believe it probably did.

It's unexplainable and chilling how evil can be seen and even felt coming off another person.
Must have been so skin-crawly for you.
It is. I forgot to mention that he was in the papers because he was accused and later convicted of several sadistic murders.

If I may add my story: Since school I was interested in caving and karst landscapes. As a young man in my early 20s I often visited a nearby (50 miles) landscape famous for it's caves, rocks, karst wells and other karst landforms. Once I walked through the forest I noticed a car driving very fast. A man in his 30s was driving it, he noticed me, stopped abruptly, got out of his car and began to run in my direction. This seemed very unsettling to me and I thought for a moment that he might have committed a crime and was on the run. He seemed like a madman and I started to run also. After running some 100 metres (330 feet) I became exhausted and knew that I had no stamina to run much longer. So I hided behind the trunk of a tree and he came nearer, maybe 20 metres (65 feet) away. The trunk was not wide enough to cover me completely. But he didn't notice me, he looked bewildered in all directions but couldn't see me. After a while he turned around, went back to his car and drove away with the same high velocity. Today I'm quite sure, that I had a guardian angel that hid me from his sight. I'll never forget these scary moments.

T
This reminds me of when my ex and I first moved in together, a large mirror that mounts on the dresser got cracked. Right then I recalled the "7 years of bad luck" thing about broken mirrors. Turns out that because of the size of the mirror it ended up being 15 years worth of bad luck.
The episode with the mirror reminds me of one of my mother's stories. As she was a kid a huge mirror at the wall got away from it with the lower side and bounced back with a loud noise. But there was no wind in the room and the mirror was so heavy that even a man had to use a lot of force to move the mirror. Later she, her parents and siblings found out that an uncle had died.

I had heard this story a few different times. At first, I didn't know whether to believe it or not, but after the 3rd time, I thought OK, it did happen during WWII at least, but then the Vietnam War guys started telling it to me and again I thought, Really? I believe it probably did.
It seems plausible enough to me.

T

The episode with the mirror reminds me of one of my mother's stories. As she was a kid a huge mirror at the wall got away from it with the lower side and bounced back with a loud noise. But there was no wind in the room and the mirror was so heavy that even a man had to use a lot of force to move the mirror. Later she, her parents and siblings found out that an uncle had died.
What is it with mirrors and death?

This reminds me of when my ex and I first moved in together, a large mirror that mounts on the dresser got cracked. Right then I recalled the "7 years of bad luck" thing about broken mirrors. Turns out that because of the size of the mirror it ended up being 15 years worth of bad luck.
This was really bad luck. You should have follwed the "7 years of bad luck" stories and got a divorce.

It is. I forgot to mention that he was in the papers because he was accused and later convicted of several sadistic murders.
Um, damn Trish! 😱 Yeah, that's something you generally want to lead with! LOL
Gosh, and you could see it in his face. So fracking creepy!

Medusa, I just don't know it. I only know a custom in Germany in former times to envelop all the mirrors in the house after a person had died there.
I've heard of that custom and, I believe, has been done here as well. And, I think, some orthodox religions still employ this practice. I think. I know they do that when sitting shiva in the Jewish religion, but I think that's more to place the focus on reflection and mourning rather than the self.

Um, damn Trish! 😱 Yeah, that's something you generally want to lead with! LOL
Gosh, and you could see it in his face. So fracking creepy!
I thought I had but, later realised that I had missed the important bit out!

It was really strange as he was stooped and carrying an old shopping bag and would have looked pathetic just walking by but, when he looked at you, his eyes were demonic, even in the photos you could see it. Terrifying creature.

I've heard of that custom and, I believe, has been done here as well. And, I think, some orthodox religions still employ this practice. I think. I know they do that when sitting shiva in the Jewish religion, but I think that's more to place the focus on reflection and mourning rather than the self.
I think it was told, that the ghost (spirit) of the deceased should not be terrified by his own view in the mirror.

Now that we are discussing life and death, let me show you a Youtube video. But you must have an account to watch it. Tell me what you think of it.
A man has filmed his father's process of dying and something strange happens.

Now that we are discussing life and death, let me show you a Youtube video. But you must have an account to watch it. Tell me what you think of it.
A man has filmed his father's process of dying and something strange happens.
That video won't play here, unfortunately, but to be honest, I'm not sure I would actually be able to watch something like that. 😰
♥️

That video won't play here, unfortunately, but to be honest, I'm not sure I would actually be able to watch something like that. 😰
♥️
This is strange. Some of the videos I get the link in this forum are prohibited in Germany, but not because of German law but of U.S. copyright. I'll copy and paste the comment of his son below the video:
"This is the last few minutes of Dad's life. You can hear the death rattle and then I sit down and sing Amazing Grace to him and talk to him about all the spirits of relatives who are waiting to greet him as well as reminding my Aunt Jeanette who had recently passed to join dad as he goes into the light of Heaven. After dad takes his last breath when the youtube counter is a 4:32 and the camera counter is at 6:20 and 4 seconds a.m. look closely and you'll see the blinking orb rise up and pause and then continue on to the right. Mom had spent most of the night with him and our Caregiver, Alyssa, as they listened to the death rattle and prayed. At about 6 a.m. mom went to lay down and she figured that it wasn't going to happen very quickly. Suddenly about 6 a.m. I woke up and came upstairs to check dad. I had not known mom was up all night so I went to her bedroom and told her that the time was almost ready for Dad to pass. She decided to let me sit with him and said to go on. She later said she had no recollection of this conversation with me. I believe that Dad waited until she was out of the room so her energy and love was not holding him to the Earth. When I sang the song to let him go he passed quickly. Go with God and the Angels dad and we will see you around.
This was added 5 months later after many wonderful comments to this video This is Mark who posted this video. I am overwhelmed by the emotion, prayers, love, and support that total strangers are giving me and my family. I feel the energy when I read the comments. Amazing. Humanity is still good to the core. The video was only made public since I wanted to share it with family and friends and I did not think it would go much further. It was not planned to film his death but only discovered later from the IP camera footage put in place to keep track of caregivers. Opinions vary on the orb. I understand that. I know what I believe it is and do not particularly mind if others concur. Death brings emotion from extreme sadness and grief to elation for the person has gone to heaven. They run the gamete in all the comments. While I appreciate the condolences and shared sadness expressed I feel compelled to provide some context to our family and the death experience. My dad Joe had a wonderful life and a spiritually rich and supportive death. He raised us 6 kids with faith and knowledge of God and we have a certainty of spirits that proceed on to heaven. We had 2 years to say goodbye as he gradually slipped away mentally. Never in any pain, surrounded by the love of family and his wife of 76 years. Mom was ready. She sat with his body for several hours to pray and to say her final goodbyes. We as siblings held hands and sang and prayed around his bed after he died. Death is a transition. As happy as a birth is into this realm a death here may be the beginning of the birth in the next existence. At any rate, death will eventually come to each of our doorways. Why spend this life fearing and holding grief around this inevitable doorway. Make the exit your friend so the life here can be boundless and unattached. I am truly blessed to have been led to dads bedside to send him off with music, love, and good energy. Of course I believe I was guided to be there. It was a privilege and honor to be a part of that magical, mystical transition. I am also thrilled to feel the energy and love of the many comments here due to the inadvertent sharing of this video that has been viewed over 150,000 times as of this writing. Thank you one and all and prayers and energy. I send prayers back to you that you should feel the joy and love of this life that includes the miracle of passing into the next. This Youtube experience has been inspiring. I may do other videos to connect to like minded people like you. Please hit subscribe and like and you will get notified when I do future ones. Who knows where the spirit will lead us. In Gratitude, Mark"

This is strange. Some of the videos I get the link in this forum are prohibited in Germany, but not because of German law but of U.S. copyright. I'll copy and paste the comment of his son below the video:
"This is the last few minutes of Dad's life. You can hear the death rattle and then I sit down and sing Amazing Grace to him and talk to him about all the spirits of relatives who are waiting to greet him as well as reminding my Aunt Jeanette who had recently passed to join dad as he goes into the light of Heaven. After dad takes his last breath when the youtube counter is a 4:32 and the camera counter is at 6:20 and 4 seconds a.m. look closely and you'll see the blinking orb rise up and pause and then continue on to the right. Mom had spent most of the night with him and our Caregiver, Alyssa, as they listened to the death rattle and prayed. At about 6 a.m. mom went to lay down and she figured that it wasn't going to happen very quickly. Suddenly about 6 a.m. I woke up and came upstairs to check dad. I had not known mom was up all night so I went to her bedroom and told her that the time was almost ready for Dad to pass. She decided to let me sit with him and said to go on. She later said she had no recollection of this conversation with me. I believe that Dad waited until she was out of the room so her energy and love was not holding him to the Earth. When I sang the song to let him go he passed quickly. Go with God and the Angels dad and we will see you around.
This was added 5 months later after many wonderful comments to this video This is Mark who posted this video. I am overwhelmed by the emotion, prayers, love, and support that total strangers are giving me and my family. I feel the energy when I read the comments. Amazing. Humanity is still good to the core. The video was only made public since I wanted to share it with family and friends and I did not think it would go much further. It was not planned to film his death but only discovered later from the IP camera footage put in place to keep track of caregivers. Opinions vary on the orb. I understand that. I know what I believe it is and do not particularly mind if others concur. Death brings emotion from extreme sadness and grief to elation for the person has gone to heaven. They run the gamete in all the comments. While I appreciate the condolences and shared sadness expressed I feel compelled to provide some context to our family and the death experience. My dad Joe had a wonderful life and a spiritually rich and supportive death. He raised us 6 kids with faith and knowledge of God and we have a certainty of spirits that proceed on to heaven. We had 2 years to say goodbye as he gradually slipped away mentally. Never in any pain, surrounded by the love of family and his wife of 76 years. Mom was ready. She sat with his body for several hours to pray and to say her final goodbyes. We as siblings held hands and sang and prayed around his bed after he died. Death is a transition. As happy as a birth is into this realm a death here may be the beginning of the birth in the next existence. At any rate, death will eventually come to each of our doorways. Why spend this life fearing and holding grief around this inevitable doorway. Make the exit your friend so the life here can be boundless and unattached. I am truly blessed to have been led to dads bedside to send him off with music, love, and good energy. Of course I believe I was guided to be there. It was a privilege and honor to be a part of that magical, mystical transition. I am also thrilled to feel the energy and love of the many comments here due to the inadvertent sharing of this video that has been viewed over 150,000 times as of this writing. Thank you one and all and prayers and energy. I send prayers back to you that you should feel the joy and love of this life that includes the miracle of passing into the next. This Youtube experience has been inspiring. I may do other videos to connect to like minded people like you. Please hit subscribe and like and you will get notified when I do future ones. Who knows where the spirit will lead us. In Gratitude, Mark"
I see this as more mournful, sentimental and somewhat inspiring. There is a thread... what's it called... I think @Mike started it, about ghosts, angels, etc. that I think this post would work well for, a good contribution.
Thank you, @George1959. ♥️ 🙃

Jews cover mirrors after death of loved one. It is to ensure one is thinking of the departed and not their own vanity. It has nothing to do with spirits, etc.
Yes, I said something very similar above, "I've heard of that custom and, I believe, has been done here as well. And, I think, some orthodox religions still employ this practice. I think. I know they do that when sitting shiva in the Jewish religion, but I think that's more to place the focus on reflection and mourning rather than the self."
:)

And also, thank you for the helpful answer. :) Sorry if I was a bit reactive. :)

Last edited:
Yes, I said something very similar above, "I've heard of that custom and, I believe, has been done here as well. And, I think, some orthodox religions still employ this practice. I think. I know they do that when sitting shiva in the Jewish religion, but I think that's more to place the focus on reflection and mourning rather than the self."
:)

And also, thank you for the helpful answer. :) Sorry if I was a bit reactive. :)
I want to apologize for often getting in the middle of a thread without reading prior posts. Sometimes, reading is so daunting to me. I say that with the deepest regret. Must try harder.

I want to apologize for often getting in the middle of a thread without reading prior posts. Sometimes, reading is so daunting to me. I say that with the deepest regret. Must try harder.
I can so understand that! I have the same issues at times and frequently have to put threads (that I really want to read through) on the text-to-speech reader because I can't get through them, otherwise. And I am guilty of the same as I've posted without reading through threads as well. No worries. :) ♥️

Back