Crimes Against Senior Citizens: A Primer

It seems to me, and I could be wrong, he is venting because mother was removed from the care of her children and the “estate plan” (who gets control of her money and property) was voided. The state came in and took control.

Mother was put in a nursing home, per court order, so she can not leave or be taken out-thus the “locked up”. The adult children living in her home were evicted by the court. Adult protective supervision is involved and the children have no access to her money or property at this time.

Everyone is getting lawyers. Mother‘s care in the nursing home is costing 30,000 of HER money. That seems to be a problem and mothers property is being sold for less than he thinks it is worth by the mother’s, I assume, court appointed lawyers, to pay for her continued care.

The children seem to be blaming the system, and everyone in the system, who are acting for the defense and good of the mother.

This is how I read what is written. Since my mother lives in government housing, has less money than a church mouse, and has nothing to leave me. I don’t anticipate having any of these issues. 😂

Aneeda, I think you are right. The courts do not step in (or indeed even notice) unless there is actual proof that the senior is either incompetent or bring abused or being taken advantage of financially. Courts don't just go around snooping on elderly people, nor does APS step in without cause.

I apologize for disappearing.
I couldn't find my phone for two days. (I didn't look for it very hard, I didn't miss it)
The "Find my Phone" feature was off, and it was"dead" before I realized it was "lost".

I had started to write a reply, but I think I should take a minute, and reread what I *actually* wrote, (I was *beyond* exhausted that day).

I know that my intention was to warn *everyone* that Seniors with Assets are in danger, and how Estate Planning would not keep you safe.
I was also aware of trying not to post personally identifying information.

(This IS NOT adversarial, just observational) That two people could so confidently profile *ALL* of us, *and* add extra details/motives (I think, I have check for sure) to support your* narrative, shows how subconsciously conditioned we are, to respond to tropes, like"family dysfunction", or "she was out after dark, it's her fault, what was she wearing?!
She was asking for it".

I think there is also a subconscious need to make the victim complicit in their victimization, because bad things *Can't* be allowed to just randomly happen to good people.

I detoured onto SeniorForum, that day, instead of going straight to bed, to warn Forum Members that, anyone, with assets, is in danger,
I know I was trying not not what I thought I to read what I wrote about our situation.
My only clear recollection is that I was hungry and exhausted, but couldn't obsessively compelled to warn the
members that the Only thing victims of Abusive Guardianships have in Common, is Assets to be stolen.

You are wrong. The child that lived with my mother, their entire life, was the only catalyst, and only greedy family member.
I'm not venting, I'm screaming that this could happen to you, through no fault of your own.

An Only child had her mother taken from the child's (53) home, by Emergency Guardians, when she left to go grocery shopping.

Search:
"ABUSIVE GUARDIANSHIP"

"The children seem to be blaming the system, and everyone in the system, who are acting for the defense and good of the mother." Seriously? Are you a Social Worker? Or a Paralegal?

It seems to me, and I could be wrong, he is venting because mother was removed from the care of her children and the “estate plan” (who gets control of her money and property) was voided. The state came in and took control.

Mother was put in a nursing home, per court order, so she can not leave or be taken out-thus the “locked up”. The adult children living in her home were evicted by the court. Adult protective supervision is involved and the children have no access to her money or property at this time.

Everyone is getting lawyers. Mother‘s care in the nursing home is costing 30,000 of HER money. That seems to be a problem and mothers property is being sold for less than he thinks it is worth by the mother’s, I assume, court appointed lawyers, to pay for her continued care.

The children seem to be blaming the system, and everyone in the system, who are acting for the defense and good of the mother.

This is how I read what is written. Since my mother lives in government housing, has less money than a church mouse, and has nothing to leave me. I don’t anticipate having any of these issues. 😂

I apologize for disappearing.
I couldn't find my phone for two days. (I didn't look for it very hard, I didn't miss it)
The "Find my Phone" feature was off, and it was"dead" before I realized it was "lost".

I had started to write a reply, but I think I should take a minute, and reread what I *actually* wrote, (I was *beyond* exhausted that day).

I know that my intention was to warn *everyone* that Seniors with Assets are in danger, and how Estate Planning would not keep you safe.
I was also aware of trying not to post personally identifying information.

(This IS NOT adversarial, just observational) That two people could so confidently profile *ALL* of us, *and* add extra details/motives (I think, I have check for sure) to support your* narrative, shows how subconsciously conditioned we are, to respond to tropes, like"family dysfunction", or "she was out after dark, it's her fault, what was she wearing?!
She was asking for it".

I think there is also a subconscious need to make the victim complicit in their victimization, because bad things *Can't* be allowed to just randomly happen to good people.

I detoured onto SeniorForum, that day, instead of going straight to bed, to warn Forum Members that, anyone, with assets, is in danger,
I know I was trying not not what I thought I to read what I wrote about our situation.
My only clear recollection is that I was hungry and exhausted, but couldn't obsessively compelled to warn the
members that the Only thing victims of Abusive Guardianships have in Common, is Assets to be stolen.

You are wrong. The child that lived with my mother, their entire life, was the only catalyst, and only greedy family member.
I'm not venting, I'm screaming that this could happen to you, through no fault of your own.

An Only child had her mother taken from the child's (53) home, by Emergency Guardians, when she left to go grocery shopping.

Search:
"ABUSIVE GUARDIANSHIP"

"The children seem to be blaming the system, and everyone in the system, who are acting for the defense and good of the mother." Seriously? Are you a Social Worker? Or a Paralegal?
My post started off saying I COULD BE WRONG, did you miss reading that part? I have some experience with abusive situations having been a foster parent for 30 years or so. I was trying to explain what you wrote to another member. In any event, I am not a social worker or a paralegal.

Wish I was, wish I had any kind of skill which would provide MONEY. I find your last post less confusing than the previous one but still confusing.

Aneeda, I think you are right. The courts do not step in (or indeed even notice) unless there is actual proof that the senior is either incompetent or bring abused or being taken advantage of financially. Courts don't just go around snooping on elderly people, nor does APS step in without cause.
Courts have minions that do the snooping.
So, One child *was* stealing, and the other child, and I paid, for everything instead of upsetting my mom, (dementia), we never told her the DPOA wasn't the child she always they were.
After 3 years, we had gone through our savings.
Do the police or APS actually DO Anything? To actually help the people they get paid to protect? No, the answer, is NO!
Hell No. Was I outraged at Every Agency and All Law Enforcement *Talking* about how POA abuse was the worst of the worst (now I know, it's Not Even Close) Hell yes!

I moved out on my own the day I graduated High School, and move back from San Francisco after 40 years, and rent controlled apartment, to take care of my mother, along with my siblings.
out 3 years into the waking nightmare, the locks were changed and my 1sibling, and I have never figured out how mom's trust was "supposed" to work without Court intervention. It doesn't, that's part of the plan.
Her Estate Planning lawyer doesn't return our calls.
When APS filed for Emergency Guardianship, I sold my 15 year old car and got a lawyer, to keep my mother from being taken by the State.
Joke was on me.
But as far as Estate Planning, Trusts, Wills, etc. The joke is on All of us.

My post started off saying I COULD BE WRONG, did you miss reading that part? I have some experience with abusive situations having been a foster parent for 30 years or so. I was trying to explain what you wrote to another member. In any event, I am not a social worker or a paralegal.

Wish I was, wish I had any kind of skill which would provide MONEY. I find your last post less confusing than the previous one but still confusing.
Fair enough about the confusing.
I haven't had a proper night's sleep in 5 years, and I've developed minor heart problems from the stress of "Abusive Guardianship" which we now know has been illegally imposed on family members, to live off their "trust funds" if their parents due too quickly.

Yes, I understood "Could be Wrong" I answered that you were wrong in this case, because it's imperative that you, and everyone else, have NO false sense of safety, based Only on behaviors, or family dynamics.

It's always, about the money. The human trafficking, and having total control over another human being, is a just an awesome perk.

Fair enough about the confusing.
I haven't had a proper night's sleep in 5 years, and I've developed minor heart problems from the stress of "Abusive Guardianship" which we now know has been illegally imposed on family members, to live off their "trust funds" if their parents due too quickly.

Yes, I understood "Could be Wrong" I answered that you were wrong in this case, because it's imperative that you, and everyone else, have NO false sense of safety, based Only on behaviors, or family dynamics.

It's always, about the money. The human trafficking, and having total control over another human being, is a just an awesome perk.
Well, I don’t know if I am wrong or not because I don’t know the entire story. I am only hearing your side, and what you wrote/write is confusing and disjointed. I have to decide what I think based on what you write. It is NOT imperative that I or anyone accept what you say. Each family is different.

These issues of yours, as I understand them and I probably don’t WILL NOT happen in my family. It reminds me of when a woman, whose children were running around like idiots, asked me if my total care son was a lot of trouble. No, I replied, he pretty much stays where I put him. 😂 Unlike yours.

I doubt your mother plight would be considered human trafficking by anyone.

Tree, I stand by what I said, and I agree with Aneeda. I think you have misunderstood or choose to misunderstand the court's proceedings. Courts do not have "minions" to snoop on people who are just living their lives, nor do the courts have any interest in upsetting the applecart absent signs of abuse (financial or physical) or neglect; nor do the courts or social workers benefit in any way from guardianship/conservatorship proceedings.

Because of the work I did all my life, I know exactly how the system works and the kinds of proof the courts require to remove an incompetent person from a bad situation, and the kinds of supervision they require of appointed guardians/conservators.

Removing an incompetent person from an abusive environment person from an abusive or neglectful environment certainly is not "human trafficking" by any stretch.

For what it's worth I'm trying very hard to believe this story. Four issues puzzle me. First the mother was supposed to be what appears to remanded to a court ordered nursing home and is not allowed to leave, then the story changes to the mother living a low income housing complex. Thirdly who is collecting $30,000 from mom and is that a week, a month, a year or was that a one shot deal? That's a lot of cash, just $30,000 per month for one year is a whopping $360,000. Lastly courts don't have minions, spies or even enforcement officers. Courts rely on investigators from other agencies such as police investigators, district attorney or prosecutors office investigators, etc. I hope these agencies can assist in some way.

www.americanbar.org

www.naosa.org

www.legalaidatwork.org

Last edited:
For what it's worth I'm trying very hard to believe this story. Four issues puzzle me. First the mother was supposed to be what appears to remanded to a court ordered nursing home and is not allowed to leave, then the story changes to the mother living a low income housing complex. Thirdly who is collecting $30,000 from mom and is that a week, a month, a year or was that a one shot deal? That's a lot of cash, just $30,000 per month for one year is a whopping $360,000. Lastly courts don't have minions, spies or even enforcement officers. Courts rely on investigators from other agencies such as police investigators, district attorney or prosecutors office investigators, etc. I hope these agencies can assist in some way.

www.americanbar.org

www.naosa.org

www.legalaidatwork.org

www.helpishere.org
Adult protective supervision in my state would investigate something like this. I have filed a complaint a few times against workers in regards to my sons. All the times I filed, the complaints were proved correct and action was taken. My sons were not removed from their groups homes. The workers, and one manager, were fired.

People learned not to mess with my boys. 😮

Adult protective supervision in my state would investigate something like this. I have filed a complaint a few times against workers in regards to my sons. All the times I filed, the complaints were proved correct and action was taken. My sons were not removed from their groups homes. The workers, and one manager, were fired.

True. I tried to bring a site up but it won't take. Maybe you folks can make it work.

I tried www. https:// http:// even .com nothing, nada.

Here it is.

www.helpishere.org

Last edited:
Does black humor serve any purpose in understanding old peoples problems?

While working with APC went out to a site where a man was having problems with
his mother.
Mom had locked herself in a tin shed, had multiple chains and locks on the only
entrance to the shed.
Mommy was raving inside the shed.

Says I to the son, 'Yep, you might have a problem.'
Says the son, 'See the electrical arcing.'
I crawled up on some boxes... looked inside-yep, there was one line arcing...
Also noted mom looked strange, didn't think this was something son needed to
know right now.
'Mister, can you turn off the electricity.?
'Yea, yea I can do that,' and he did.
'What are you going to do.?
'Were going to go get a warrant, now.'
'Let me check on Mom before we go.'
'Okay.'
Son crawls up on box-'Hey! she's got a can of Crisco, pulling it out and rubbing her hair.'
Says I, 'I hadn't noticed.'🤪

Got a warrant, got Mom hauled to Happy Acres, end of story.

Now, why didn't the son cut the electricity to the tin shed?
What ulterior motives were at play here?
We lacked the staff to check Mom's assets, but we could refer it to
part of the welfare that could...
What did we do?
We did nothing. The pressure to deal with new situations, overloaded what we should have been done.

Mom's in Happy Acres, problem solved-right?
Where did the chains and locks come from? She had no car, no ability to get anywhere.
No agency funded by state monies has the staffing to adequately carry out the mandates the legislature intended.
Your legislature knows that

Does black humor serve any purpose in understanding old peoples problems?

While working with APC went out to a site where a man was having problems with
his mother.
Mom had locked herself in a tin shed, had multiple chains and locks on the only
entrance to the shed.
Mommy was raving inside the shed.

Says I to the son, 'Yep, you might have a problem.'
Says the son, 'See the electrical arcing.'
I crawled up on some boxes... looked inside-yep, there was one line arcing...
Also noted mom looked strange, didn't think this was something son needed to
know right now.
'Mister, can you turn off the electricity.?
'Yea, yea I can do that,' and he did.
'What are you going to do.?
'Were going to go get a warrant, now.'
'Let me check on Mom before we go.'
'Okay.'
Son crawls up on box-'Hey! she's got a can of Crisco, pulling it out and rubbing her hair.'
Says I, 'I hadn't noticed.'🤪

Got a warrant, got Mom hauled to Happy Acres, end of story.

Now, why didn't the son cut the electricity to the tin shed?
What ulterior motives were at play here?
We lacked the staff to check Mom's assets, but we could refer it to
part of the welfare that could...
What did we do?
We did nothing. The pressure to deal with new situations, overloaded what we should have been done.

Mom's in Happy Acres, problem solved-right?
Where did the chains and locks come from? She had no car, no ability to get anywhere.
No agency funded by state monies has the staffing to adequately carry out the mandates the legislature intended.
Your legislature knows that
It depends on the state. Not sure what “black humor“ has to do with it.

GregariousMiniatureAfricangoldencat-small.gifGregariousMiniatureAfricangoldencat-small.gif

An-72 Everyone that deals with the underbelly of society has to develop defensive mechanism.

Not only horrific situations that the police, fireman deal with daily, but the professional dealing with people in hopeless categories
I suppose it manifest with any itself in any group, why would we exempt physicians, nurses...give it a think.

Back