December 2019... Share Your Day... Merry Christmas All...

Morning all...

It's just after 9am...and outside the lawn is white with frost and the cars are covered in ice but no snow and the sun is again coming up, so like Saturday, hopefully there will be enough heat in the sun to melt the ice....if it does then I'll drive over to the Marina and nature park and take a walk to exercise my painful knee...

Hope your snow isn't too deep @Aunt Bea & @mike4lorie 🌨☃

Have a good Monday folks...

getting-nice-christmas-tree-scenery-wallpapers.jpg
Best wishes that your knee will feel better. Knee pain can be such a pain in the rear, too..

Good Morning People... Well, what I thought it was, is what we thought what is what cost us $700 at vet's to find out, yup it's Scabies for us, and mange for Carl... Christmas is canceled for us, cuz it takes up to 6 to 8 weeks to get rid of it... I am not sure how he got it unless he rolled in something dead out there... It's very itching for Carl and for us. We have to wash our clothes every day in hot water, and then the dryer. The only thing that kills these nasty bugs is heat. We have to spray and sanitize the house with Lysol all in One Disinfect spray. The only way we can pass it on is if we give prolonged hugs skin to skin... But every time you scratch, especially Carl, these tiny little bugs fall off... So every time Carl scratches I have to go behind him and spray the Lysol.

We are going to pick out 3 outfits that we are going to wear and bag everything else. We have to sanitize the house every day. I will post a thread to the internet to tell you more about this virus... Just sucks the BIG one... The marks they leave almost look like mosquito bites, and sometimes they burrow under your skin and leave a small trail...

Questions and Answers For Scabies

Mange on Our Pups

On a happier note, it's breakfast with the boys, they all know I have it, but it's not like we are going to hug or anything, so all is cool, just can't have them back to the house afterwards unless we hang out in the garage...

So, Kids, that is where we are, and we will get through this, but it will take a bit... Carl may have attached them because his immune system is down quite a bit since we had to put Lenny down... But all his blood work came back great for all his organs... so we just need to get through this...

Well, my FRIENDS, I hope YOU all have a wonderful day... and God Bless YOU all...
Mike

Sorry to here that, Mike. According to the CDC article that you linked:

Did I get scabies from my pet?

No. Animals do not spread human scabies. Pets can become infested with a different kind of scabies mite that does not survive or reproduce on humans but causes “mange” in animals. If an animal with “mange” has close contact with a person, the animal mite can get under the person’s skin and cause temporary itching and skin irritation. However, the animal mite cannot reproduce on a person and will die on its own in a couple of days. Although the person does not need to be treated, the animal should be treated because its mites can continue to burrow into the person’s skin and cause symptoms until the animal has been treated successfully.

It seems it's unlikely that you have scabies. I realize that's little consolation if Carl's mites continue to bite you. Best of luck with his treatment.

Yup Tommy, But there are two different types of scabies that come from Mange on a dog... I don't recall the name they have, but we do have the one that goes to people and can be transferred to person to person. I will remember the name eventually... But have a read here. What I am finding is that they don't know that much on scabies... Have a good day Buddy...

The type this family now has...

Yup Tommy, But there are two different types of scabies that come from Mange on a dog... I don't recall the name they have, but we do have the one that goes to people and can be transferred to person to person. I will remember the name eventually... But have a read here. What I am finding is that they don't know that much on scabies... Have a good day Buddy...

The type this family now has...
So sorry for this. I hope everything clears up as quickly as possible! 🌹

Good Morning Folks, Well we are getting through this health fiasco... Carl has had his first treatment, and we repeat it every second Monday, same with the cat, and last night we put on this cream which you leave on for 12 - 14 hours and then shower off... Have all of our furniture covered in plastic and then sheets... They will NOT beat us, and we will get through this, I was amazed at how many bites I have on me... Pretty scary sh1t...

So we just have the basement to do now.. and then it's just a matter of taking the sheets off, put them in the dryer, and let them get real hot, that will kill the damn things...

Well, Kids, I hope YOU all have a wonderful day... and God Bless YOU all...
Mike

Good Morning Folks, Well we are getting through this health fiasco... Carl has had his first treatment, and we repeat it every second Monday, same with the cat, and last night we put on this cream which you leave on for 12 - 14 hours and then shower off... Have all of our furniture covered in plastic and then sheets... They will NOT beat us, and we will get through this, I was amazed at how many bites I have on me... Pretty scary sh1t...

So we just have the basement to do now.. and then it's just a matter of taking the sheets off, put them in the dryer, and let them get real hot, that will kill the damn things...

Well, Kids, I hope YOU all have a wonderful day... and God Bless YOU all...
Mike
You have a good outlook Mike! I hope it all works out and you get rid of the damned things!

well another bizzy day its been here --I started to clean all the extension windows ' then it meant hoovering the room out and then moping the floor 'then clean the beams across the roof part --oh I wish I had not started it 'but I did finish it -kept out of the way from my other half as he is changing the kitchen taps hahaha and I can hear loud mumblings coming out from there '

Last few days have been really full on.

We'd gone out for lunch on a really cold but sunny day, and took some winter donations to the homeless centre about 20 miles from here

We went to Costco a couple of days ago, and got quite a lot of stuff. We haven't been for years, and had to renew our membership cards and get new pics taken..all done in seconds unlike 25 years ago when we first joined .

While there I bought a new 900 watt Stainless steel Microwave oven... and then donated our old ( perfectly good condition but too small) oven to the Salvation army Charity shop..

Yesterday, another sunny but cold day we took a trip to the recycle centre with a few things and found it closed on Wednesdays' so had to make a longer trip to the next nearest town to be able to dump stuff off.. then to the store to buy a whole new dinnerware set, replaced my Duck egg blue plates for Red and white pasta bowls. On the way home we stopped off at the village pub, and had some lunch in the garden because indoors seniors clubs were having their Christmas lunch parties..

IMG-4145-1.jpg

Boy do I need a chill pill today. First, the new coffee I got made me sick to my stomach and nervous even when I made it on the weaker side. Trying to relax and someone is running some God awful machinery that has my nerves rattled. So I got my ear plugs in now and can't hear it any more, thank goodness. Noises are really getting to me today...I just want peace and quiet already. Doesn't seem like so much to ask for. :cautious: Think maybe I'll try and take a nap...

Last few days have been really full on.

We'd gone out for lunch on a really cold but sunny day, and took some winter donations to the homeless centre about 20 miles from here

We went to Costco a couple of days ago, and got quite a lot of stuff. We haven't been for years, and had to renew our membership cards and get new pics taken..all done in seconds unlike 25 years ago when we first joined .

While there I bought a new 900 watt Stainless steel Microwave oven... and then donated our old ( perfectly good condition but too small) oven to the Salvation army Charity shop..

Yesterday, another sunny but cold day we took a trip to the recycle centre with a few things and found it closed on Wednesdays' so had to make a longer trip to the next nearest town to be able to dump stuff off.. then to the store to buy a whole new dinnerware set, replaced my Duck egg blue plates for Red and white pasta bowls. On the way home we stopped off at the village pub, and had some lunch in the garden because indoors seniors clubs were having their Christmas lunch parties..

IMG-4145-1.jpg
Holly,

Great photo!

It caused my poor brain to short out and started me thinking of another recent thread about ugly Christmas sweaters.

stream_img.jpg

Having a productive afternoon. Moved my 2 dressers so that the larger and longer one is in a warm spot in the bedroom. Did that just in case I have to put the birdies cage in the bedroom because of it being too cold in the living room. It's not too cold in the living room now but the temperatures are supposed to get much colder next week. My AC is covered well and so is my front window now but in case air escapes and makes it too cold in here I have plans for the birds. Makes me feel better that I have a plan.

Vacuumed really good in all the rooms and put down the carpet fresh, too. It's smelling good in here. (y) :sneaky: Glad that I'm keeping up with the housework. I like my place to be clean and organized and it is.:giggle:

I've cooked for the freezer this afternoon.. and then uploaded some youtube vids from my phone which have been waiting for a while to get done.

Then I say and watched the penultimate episode of David Attenborough's new series , Seven worlds one planet!! Each episode is about a single continent, this evenings episode was about North America. Next week the last in the series will be Africa...

Hubs got home early and stopped off at the fish and chip shop and brroght me home a fried sausage in batter and chips for dinner, so I didn't have to cook..

I've cooked for the freezer this afternoon.. and then uploaded some youtube vids from my phone which have been waiting for a while to get done.

Then I say and watched the penultimate episode of David Attenborough's new series , Seven worlds one planet!! Each episode is about a single continent, this evenings episode was about North America. Next week the last in the series will be Africa...

Hubs got home early and stopped off at the fish and chip shop and brroght me home a fried sausage in batter and chips for dinner, so I didn't have to cook..
That series with David Attenborough sounds really good. I like watching stuff like that too.:giggle:

Pretty normal day today. This morning went across the street to see my neighbors garage sale. Nothing that I needed. This afternoon went up to the VA for my checkup. Everything checked out good. Need to scan my aneurism to make sure it hasn’t gotten bigger. Going to try some new meds for my nasal drip, which has gotten worst. Ugh....Took mama out to supper and now home watching Jeopardy.

Good Morning Folks,
Well still fighting these bugs, some times we think it's getting better, and then again... Not... Are not to get depressed, yesterdaay I had a day of feeling sorry for myself... But today, we'll give it another kick at the can... Bought a steamer yesterday, cuz heat kills these things, where they can live in cold temperatures up to minus 30... Not a lot else is new... Notified everyone not to come here, and that we will not be available for Christmas...

Well hope YOU all have super-duper Saturday, and God Bless YOU all...

Been up since before 6 am. I keep waking up when I try to get some sleep so finally I just get up and be done with it. Ordered my groceries delivery and they were delivered.

This week I've been getting things done that I've been putting off forever. Colored my roots in my hair. First time I ever did that; usually I color it all. It was easier than coloring it all. I think I'll continue to do it this way, takes less time, too.

Listening to music on Spotify on the tv. Jasmine just got her claw caught on the cover that's on the back of the cage. I got her to get it loose much to her relief. Now Alice is eating millet that I put on their drawbridge. Birds love millet!

Trying to figure out what I'll do next today..ho hum. :unsure: :whistle: :sneaky:

HI Mike,I hope things will get better in your situation.it must be mighty frustrating for all to be dealing with this
This morning I went for a short walk to our local co-op which is 3 blocks from my apt building.My next door neighbor had given me a gift card for my birthday. I go there twice/month,I usually buy multi grain bread,tuna fish salad,apples from local farms.Their home made chicken noodle soup is delicious
I vacuumed my living room then this afternoon was reading my book

Yesterday, after weeks of looking, searching and using Facebooks marketplace, I found a golf cart that matches my budget. Been wanting one for years, but now that we are staying in Florida, it was time to get serious. It’s being delivered today, Sunday, and I’m like a kid with a new bike. Here’s a couple photos of it.

View attachment 84058View attachment 84059View attachment 84060
Wow, nice looking, @Pappy. Would be amazing with flame decals. dhUOuPYZcZvGXGxpJZZV.gif

Can my dog and I ride in the back seat?

Back